So when I are people going to stop jerking off to blockchains and when will I be able to buy milk and bread with...

So when I are people going to stop jerking off to blockchains and when will I be able to buy milk and bread with cryptocurrencies?

When there's a cryptocurrency that's both not a scam, and is pretty stable relative to a fiat currency. Then people will be willing to keep money in the cryptocurrency, and not just use it for a medium of exchange of fiat.

when raiblocks get more popular

Never. To make it a useable currency you need to virtualise transactions, meaning that you'll have entities, that we'll call a bank, that will process transactions fast with a virtual currency based on bitcoins.

>is pretty stable relative to a fiat currency
Yeah right, the only way that could be possible is with a cryptocurrency that is able to inflate.
So you have to keep giving out coins to keep the price stable.
A currency that deflates is absolutely unusable as nobody will spend it, and everyone would just hold it. You cannot do this with fiat because if people would start to pile it up, the government would just print more into industries that are willing to spend.
The only cryptocurrency that could work like a proper currency have to be released and controlled by a government.

>milk
I hope you're talking about soy milk user...

Usd isn't even controlled and released by a government, it's controlled and released by a private institution

Making an inflationary cryptocurrency that protects against price increase is relatively easy. The hard part is protecting against price decrease, which AFAIK is impossible, since it would require a huge pool of USD held in reserve.

The only "natural" way to get a stable cryptocurrency is for it to be used so heavily as an actual currency that price speculation makes up a tiny portion of the market (as is the case for most fiat currency) relative to currency use. But this is of course a chicken-and-egg issue, and is unlikely to be resolved any time soon

Instead I think smart contracts and other services that inherently must be paid for with cryptocurrency, perhaps along with a built-in inflationary mechanism to prevent rapid price spikes, is how this could be accomplished. Rather than being stable relative to USD or some fiat directly (requiring a big cash reserve), it could become stable relative to the cost of computing resources, which are themselves relatively stable with respect to USD. This has the potential to be a stable system because if the value of the currency decreases, the network is a source of usually cheap computing power, which people will pay for.

This assumes that the consumers can respond to price changes faster than the suppliers of the computing resources, which is reasonable in the case of a sufficiently large and heavily utilized network.

It'll be a bank backed currency like ripple, or some other fake coin that they have control of, then they can just add the feature to the merchant terminals

was really looking forward to this. it's too bad

This is the real "revolutionary" thing that needs to be happen and not the "Time to invest to this crypto-coin and sell them before it crashes".

you mean when it stops being on a handful of the shadiest of exchanges? you do realise that it was initially distributed to pajeets that completed captcha to get it, right?

blockchains were a mistake. they're was just doomed from begin

Lactose free milk, im allergic to lactose and soy so most likely almond

There have been numerous winners and very few losers so far in the market. Exactly which major coins have crashed?

>I hope you're talking about soy milk user...
I'm certain user is.

The only way for crypto to truly succeed is if a nation adopted it for its native currency. One of those joke nations like Sealand or whatever. Until then, it'll just be internet payment stuff which you still have to convert to fiat if you want to do anything.

>buy bread with cryptopyramid make believe "money"
>have to wait 2 days inside grocery store until transaction is mined
>2 days later the exchange rate has changed completely and your purchase isn't valid anymore because the price isn't right
>have to correct it by doing another transaction
>2 more days...

Never. Capitalism will be overthrown before they figure out a way to make an effective blockchain and by then we'll already be living in a moneyless society like Star Trek.

>zero incentive to maintain the network
Nope

>he thinks muds are going to overthrow capitalism
lel

Once Bitcoin stabilizes. Lightning network should be implemented this year which will cause a huge surge in adoption, after the surge it will level out.

I know a store when they sell hardware that accepts.

Bitcoin used to be good but in the name of preventing "network spam" they basically made the network shit in terms of transactions/second. What happened is transaction times and fees have shot up so high it made anything but high value investments suck.

Other coins don't have this problem.

You can buy smartphone of the internet for $70 that "accepts"

There is a easier way utilizing bitcoin with fast transaction,

but problem is on diffrent place..

I won't give you my almanac again, and I'm lazy to code...

And I generaly hate people since ...