Does Youtube need to improve their suggestion algorithms?

Does Youtube need to improve their suggestion algorithms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso
youtube.com/watch?v=jJwZ2ViuKsE
youtube.com/watch?v=Qm509gYHAe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Green pill me on this, OP. why does this picture all the autists?
Btw, i literally live under a rock.

that pic is adorable.

Seems to work fine for me.

Did this thread really need to be made?

At least it's a good song and one of the greatest genres of music

youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso

I can't fucking stomach this kind of 80s Japanese trash. It's like Jackie Chan ballads.

>not dancing to the plastic beat
>2018

le recommendations girl face

Yes, mostly I'd like it to suggest smaller channels. What's the point in promoting channels with over a million subs, I'll see them sooner or later.
It has happened on several occasions though, I've found channels with under 1000 subs that then grew to tens of thousands, and I'm thinking there's got to be more good content out there that simply isn't getting promoted.
For example, one of those rare occasions youtube actually suggests a good small channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=jJwZ2ViuKsE

i want to fug mariya

trash taste confirmed

>i have shit taste: the post

No, you just need to broaden you taste. There's all sorts of great music "parts" of youtube you can find yourself in, but almost everyone on this board gets the same shit.

most people get this artist recommendation in jewtube. Morning Glory is good. The genre is called citypop BTW

Nope.
Google is data-mining me enough.

>t. ironic memers

>when you stumble onto the vaporwave version
youtube.com/watch?v=Qm509gYHAe0

>Does Youtube need to improve their suggestion algorithms?
nah, its fucking rad when all it does is it pulls up shit you have already watched. who doesnt like reruns?

they already have an improved suggestion algorithm. you have to pay for youtube red, though. better playlist suggestions

I fucking hate this. I want to find new music. I guess I actually have to make an effort and search for it myself.

i feel ya. theres also the thing where if you make a little typo it often fails to deliver whatever toure looking for unless its the shit thats trending atm. be it youtube or jewgle itself. its they make every possible effort to take steps back. i remember when you could mistype half of fucking sentence/word and still get desired result most if the time. what a time to live in. cant wait to see whatever happens in couple of years...

it needs to get the hint that I don't fucking like a format of "TOP [MULTIPLE OF FIVE] THINGS THAT [INANE STATEMENT]" or shit I've already watched
also maybe something tangentially related to the fuckton of how it's made I've watched?

Seems fine fammy

I tend to find more things I want to watch at a specific moment in the suggestions/home page than in my subscriptions page. It does a decent job not showing you crap you've marked as not being interested, and because it's so biased towards your recent history it pulls up stuff I'm interesting in at that moment, even if they are safe choices. The continue watching section is useful for the long videos and documentaries I would forget about otherwise by the next time I logged in. I'm not crazy about giving jewgle all my viewing data, but it's just useful enough for me to justify it.

but it ain't
also wasn't there a night mode without having to install a bunch of addons?

What's the matter? Not enough nignogs spewing ebonics for your taste?

it only recommends things ive already watched or are just the next episode in the series
especially songs
its shit
also every suggestion is from something i did in the last few days, would be nice if it recommended something i watched a while ago, not last night

>can't relate to any of these anecdotes
>dont even watch anything on yt besides animu clips and some sc tournaments
>constantly bombarded with recommendations for dr. nigger and the dindu klan feat. lady roastie

You're missing nothing.

accounts get tailored recommendations
it's still shit, and sometimes you get google opinion polls from youtube that ask you if something should be recommended or not, but it literally does nothing

Look, we can get into a racism contest any time you want, but I'm pretty sure I'd win. That music is the audible equivalent of a nursing home's smell for me, that's all.

>t. 12 year old

9/10 times the original song from a vaporwave remix is better.

I'm 34.

yeah, it tightens you into a box.
I like a bit of chaos, but youtube just echochambers myself.

and I don't even like myself that much.

It beats having stupid fucking clickbait suggestions

This. No recommendations beats shit recommendations.

>/hpg/

eai cara

I've heard samples/fragments of this song in another memewave or futurememe tune, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

have you guise ever noticed how some recommendations always stick?
outside of payolla ones, which become quite obvious when you're playing music videos only for a couple of hours, which themselves converge into a self referencing black hole (when you start seeing bands you don't like, find one acceptable rec, a couple of iterations later, you're drowning in things you were ignoring, even outside of the main genre you're playing). I hate no doubt, when I start seeing particularly holla back girl, I know I hit that trap.

dae

No, they deliberately cripple the output so as to not freak out users with how accurately they predict/suggest content. Additionally they "de-radicallize" the content you are watching so if you get linked to some really fucked up shit in 5 clicks you are watching kittens frolic in a field which while interesting social engineering isn't the most accurate way to push relevant material.

>/HD600/
No thnx

you can force it to flush it out if you have an account by clicking on "not interested" and then specify "I don't like the video"
It takes a while, but you can wrestle that shit out. I would advise against browsing with an account to listen to music. If you really have to, just open an incognito window so it doesn't get cluttered with actual videos on youtube.

Yes.

I do exactly that when I feel a whim to listen to genres outside my primary preferences. And I don't go into music binges that often, I don't like how during the first days of the week they tend to clog my other more serious rec's.

I only just noticed now that Plastic Beat is almost 8 minutes long. That's absurd for a pop song. Does it's length have anything to do with Youtube's algorythms liking it?

thank you very much, kind user.