Personal rig done right

Why haven't you just thunderbolted your personal rig to another room so you can enjoy maximum performance with perfect silence like Linus, Sup Forums?

I don't want be buttrapped by Pajeet and Ching Wang.

Because I'm a professional counter-strike player and therefore can't afford any latency.

There's a downside to this, right? Cost? Latency?

>thunderbolted
Yep, I'm triggered.

Why not just use long HDMI and USB cables instead?

>why use more cables instead of one
Thunderbolt does all of those (although you need an endpoint device) with a longer distance.

15m you could do with displayport, but still need active cables for usb.

Yeah what do you think 50ft of glass fibre and the related lasers costs

Doubt you could play VR with such a setup.

Thunderbolt has enough bandwidth I think

I have considered a few things.

1) a water loop where I pump the water out of my room to another room/basement

This would be fun, and effective but water is a pain in the dick

2) run a hdmi cable and usb extenders through the wall and have the computer on the other side

This would again be very doable, but I like access to my pc without going from room to room in case of shit hitting the fan.

3) get overkill air coolers

I got a noctua d15 with my 1700, and there we go, the fans never spin up passed 50% and even at 100% they are silent
My gpu is a 1060 6gb, and even at max load, the thing barely spins up the fans, and during anything not demanding, the fans don't even spin up even if I have the thing clocked high.

the key point here is this

1) get a big fan to move air through the case, something low rpm but big
2) get fans that are effectively silent, noctua is my go to as they are very hard to beat for silence
3) get massive fuck off coolers so you don't have to run shit 100% to achieve the same cooling.

Yeah, but that gets bulky, so you'd still want it in another room.

Better yet, just make a fucking movie theater in your home, who gives a fuck about audible fan noise.

honestly, unless you have space needs that are hard to meet, a core 9x will hold damn near any cooling solution and do it in a way that is easy to access.

I can make my computer silent but I find the crippling silence only reminds me just how empty and lonely my life is.
I turned the humidifier off and almost offed myself so I turned it back on just to try and forget what the quite sounded like.

Connect a 200L drum to your water loop. No radiators or fans needed as it takes tens of hours for that much water to heat even few degrees and it'll just cool down back to room temperature during the hours you are not using your machine.

have considered this as an option. also dumping the ice dispenser form the freezer into it every now and then too. you would still need a quiet pump, and if something went wrong that would be a shit ton of pressure to deal with,

>inb4 the mismatched material eats a hole in your water block and gums everything else up

I want this, just to see a tiny water pump stuck to the side of a 200 litre drum

can relate ,_,

Because noise of fans is music of the gods infidel.

move in with me user

Because I it's cold outside and it helps heat my room.

wtf do you people do for your computer to be able to heat your room?
are you mining 24/7 or do you live in a closet?

chess analysis

Already did that. Make sure it's antimicrobial and shit so nothing grows in it. It's gonna be warm water in a circle so it's prime for shit to grow.

BOINC

>donating processing power and running up your electric bill for a communist racist sjw shitfest of a college that lets blacks riot and shut down the school for weeks and then fires professors that dindu nuffin because coons wanted to chimp out over him showing up for his fucking job.

user, I thought better of you than that.