Ubuntu 18 comes out in less than four months

Ubuntu 18 comes out in less than four months.

Will you be making the upgrade then?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntukylin.com/
wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I made the upgrade to Solus months ago.

No. I'll probably switch to kde neon or some systemd-free meme distro.
but all other de but unity are shit.

"upgrade"

Not really an Ubuntu person, but I may check it out in a VM or on a spare computer.

>GNOME
Gnot even once.
I sure will do-release-upgrade my Xubuntu 17.10 partition, though.

I already upgraded to [any other distro]

What's the best Ubuntu variant lads? Getting tired of plain Ubuntu.

xubuntu

Heard a lot of good things about Xubuntu and Ubuntu MATE, so check those out. I can personally say that Kubuntu was a fucking pile of shit last time I tried it, so maybe avoid that.

Maybe, I'm pretty comfy on 16.04 MATE for now.

Give MATE a whirl, it's a lot like Ubuntu was before Unity. Nice and light, configurable.

I might switch my Ubuntu to antergos, I'm liking it on the VM I have

There's also Kylin for those who speak fluent moonrunes
ubuntukylin.com/

why use antergos when arch exists and why use arch when void exists

Never tried void, I've used Arch I just want to use antergos

Don't distrohop for no real reason. If you want to have "fun" using GNU/Linux, install Arch.

Pop! OS

How do I get ubuntu with mint's ease of use, gobolinux's file directory structure, and KDE's desktop environment?

Well with the KDE you can just, you know, install KDE. Which distribution you use has no effect on your desktop environment

no

i'll wait for .1 and watch all of you whine how your update broke your computer

I am running the latest version of macOS high Sierra. Ubuntu would be a downgrade, not an upgrade.

sup Kevin

I tried 18.04 daily build a couple of days ago. GNOME 3 is an absolute piece of unusable garbage. Unity is heaven compared to it.

I'm still using Ubuntu 17.04

Don't see any major reasons to upgrade since Unity is not getting any more upgrades. All the most important software I use I already get the latest versions of from their PPAs.

>acting like high sierra is good
Did u have fun with
>root password exploit
>mac disabling apps from installing kernel modules
>other fucking retarded bugs

Source: i write software for mac. Its shit

17.04 will be unsupported in three months.

Debian Stable

I'm also using Antergos, literally the best Arch installer.

That would imply I'm already running UBENTO

it reaches end of life this month my dude
wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

openSOOZ is better.

Finally, a sacrifice to clem for linux mint 19

16.04 LTS here

How smoothly do LTS releases go? i've seen a lot of posts saying the upgrades frequently fail and to just clean install, but i don't want to

i've never had to clean install windows or mac os x, upgrades just werk (tm)

>smoothly do LTS releases go
LTS release upgrades go **

MATE is the fucking titties. It’s also a breeze for new Linux converts.

Yes because guh nome is cucked and makes me want to kill myself

You could wait about a month for some of the extra bugs to get worked out, or a little longer for the first point release, which I recommend. As long as 16.04 is working fine, there’s no reason to immediately upgrade. Just be patient until it has the full seal of approval. 16.04 had a lot of issues day one.

No. Gnome is a complete mess as of right now - bloated to hell and it runs like shit even on good hardware. I have hopes for it in the long run but as of right now it can go fuck itself.

The only thing keeping me on Windows on my desktop is ARMA 3. If not for that I'd be on a distro full-time and enjoying it like I do on my laptop.

I don't really want to dual-boot but I really hate Windows. I wish they'd update ARMA 3 for Linux instead of bullshitting around with it.

Unironically Lubuntu

No because I already sue a better system, Debian.

17.10 is not out yet

your auto update should be enabled and since you're lts it wont update untill 16.04.1 which will be about june

it's not like an ubuntu release is a ''release''
it's just a time thing. you can get 1804 right now
from what i've seen bugs don't stop ubuntu releases
you catch my drift

I haven't used Ubuntu at home outside a VM in years, and when I am using it I just want to see new features and play with it. And when I say years, I haven't ran it on actual hardware in nearly a decade. Debian is better for server stuff and Fedora is better on the desktop.

Xubuntu or Ubuntu MATE