/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

last

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-aXUUJ0DJKc&list=RD-aXUUJ0DJKc&index=1
amazon.com/gp/product/2203329408/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A23JLCBJJKE7AL&psc=1
decitre.fr/livres/les-voyages-d-alix-les-incas-9782203122970.html
download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2018/01/windows8.1-kb4056898-x86_76d9af6e8f3d2a6890ee1bad441acf43c4124dce.msu
pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/ykphP6,8hwqqs/
github.com/ionescu007/SpecuCheck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when will i be able to fuck that potato

Callisto>Anime

Can a Buffalo Terastation Pro TS-TGL/R5 take a 4TB drive.

Never.

Are there any special procedures for opening a laptop with a built-in battery?

The first thing I usually do when I open a device is disconnect all power sources and hold down the power button to drain the caps, doesn't really seem like that precaution would apply to built-in batteries.

I should mention it's not open heart surgery, the thing is screeching an awful sound and I'm pretty sure the GPU fan is clogged up.

how 2 stop crying when going 2 sleep

is a macbook pro good for college or is there better?

What are doing in college? Odds are whatever laptop you think you need is overkill.

Don't blow your college money all at once

If its a Li-Ion battery, none.
If they are 18650 batteries niggered up together be careful to not touch them.
Wont kill you but might damage something.

You need a wank.

Get a desktop if you expect to be spending a lot of time at your computer.

Handwritten notes are better for retention anyway.

but i don't want to have a wank

How do I do the captcha on w3m?

Distract yourself. Count sheep or say a nonsense mantra like "om" with every breath.

the first thing everyone is going to tell you here is that you could always do better than a mac. as for whether it's good enough for college its more than likely more than enough. if you want to aim higher look for either an asus or an msi.

listen to asmr

You can't, on any of the TUI browsers. If you want to use them for Sup Forums you pretty much need to buy a pass.

close your eyes while listening to this playlist and just let your dreams capture you
youtube.com/watch?v=-aXUUJ0DJKc&list=RD-aXUUJ0DJKc&index=1

I'm not kidding

Net/Chromebook and Note 10.1 2014.

fuck

Earlier today my PC was fine, I recently updated all drivers and chipsets, updated windows, general maintenance right..then I plugged in a USB c cable and my screen got all fucky like it was changing resolutions and now I keep getting system thread errors, windows won't boot so I can't uninstall the previous drivers. In the bios it shows my cpu, gpu ram and all hard drives..is my best bet to just reinstall Windows lol

Didn't really think there was much of a problem and I never thought for a second that a 20V battery would kill me.

Just worried if I accidentally short something that I could damage the hardware. I was just asking as a precaution, I'm just cleaning fans which I'm positive will be immediately accessable when I remove the backplate.

Yes it's li-ion but now I'm curious, I don't know what a 18650 battery is or why the type of battery matters in something like this.

Does anyone else use an anti-virus software to store their passwords quickly like pic related? It seems useful, but I've never used it before and am interested..

wtf I love kpop now!

A 18650 battery cells is what 95% of laptop batteries are made of, those batteries are just 4 or more of them together, rarely built in but some laptops have them inside and cant exactly remove them (Acer and HP).
The other 5% is Li-ion.

You have nothing to worry about, you can disconnect it once you disassemble it too.

Although if you don't mind captchas and have WM you might write a plugin for the TUI browser to open it up in something using GUI, maybe just a suckless surf window.

It wouldn't be purely TUI and I have no experience writing extensions to any of them so can't council you further.

So it's just like a 9V battery made up of smaller cells? Made of something similar to AAA rechargeable batteries connected together? Interesting.

Wasn't really worried but you reassured me, just wanted to ask before I open a laptop that's not mine.

Why does mining ruin gpus??

Dunno, Why running a device at 100% nonstop and having its temperature to be 80°C or more for 24/7 for months with no rest would damage it?

I would assume improper cooling. Prolonged heat exposure kills all chips.

Why don't they run it at like 70 or low % then and keep their chips longer?

Most if not all miners wont care because and run them at 100% to mine faster, thanks to their profit they can replace them like batteries.

My SBC can handle up to 27W, it'll be fine with a 27W PSU without it drawing anywhere close to that, right? I just want to be set for whatever I attach.

Are you really this fucking stupid.

Let me explain.

Large scale mining companies constantly monitor their $ vs reward. If running it at 100% yields more bitcoin then so be it. Dumb fucking idiot.

Source: write ansible bitcoin management software

Avast free comes with a VPN. Is it worth using for torrenting?

Ok look I know my cpu is vulnerable to that intel meltdown and spectre bug, but how do I know if someone has already used that bug to do something bad or not?

No, you have to take in consideration efficiency and power spikes too, so add 20-30% overhead.

No, I mean right now it's doing fine off of only a few watts because it doesn't have many peripherals, I just want to be sure that using a 27W supply won't damage it in any way

listen to superbunnyhop or other long-winded game analyses.

You can't unless you monitored the execution as it happened or captured the payload in transfer. This could be network sniffer logs or process core dumps.

It's like any other exploit, if you weren't logging then you don't know.

You don't.
Well not until your bank accounts are drained, or you get ransomware or some shit.

Chito a cute

freakin computers man

Use something like keypass instead, some closed source, unaudited software made by your AV's company probably isn't the best place to store passwords.

What did you expect? History of all instructions ever executed on your computer?

You could have 10TB storage and it wouldn't be enough.

do you think he regrets his decision now?

What can I do about the intel AMT/ME vulnerability with an intel i7 920 nehalem and a MSI ECLIPSE SLI. If my motherboard is not providing updates I'm basically screwed?

It's not your motherboard, this is a patch for your OS(e.g. windows, linux) that changes the way it deals with memory at OS level. Your motherboard has nothing to do with it.

in the ublock origin my filters tab i have
Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode, /[0-9a-f]{40}..$/)

it used to work and now it doesn't. i get css breakages on Sup Forums cause of those shitty amgload piguiqproxyshti fucking shit
how do i get it to work now?

this guy got an upgrade from his mobo. Where do I get a patch for linux? Your sure you're not takling about the meldown/spectrue vuln and not the AMT/ME vuln that was reported in may 2017?

Ok so i wait for them to release a new BIOS?

I appreciate this post. Lmfaoo.

Any way to get 2 sim cards and a micro sd card in a xiaomi redmi note 3?
It's got one of those hybrid card things that only accept 2 sims *or* 1 sim and a micro sd.

Update your filters.
Reset.

Also try:
Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)

What does "album" mean in the context of ebook formats?

amazon.com/gp/product/2203329408/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A23JLCBJJKE7AL&psc=1

decitre.fr/livres/les-voyages-d-alix-les-incas-9782203122970.html

For instance lists them as such

just finished setting up pfsense and pi-hole.

what else can i learn?

To the Right Honourable Sup Forums:

an iphone--one containing a document that preserves information of religious personal significance for its proper induction into the appertaining official document of canonization--has been plunged into water and, apparently, rendered nonfunctional; and I, having been shamefully negligent in my duty, have therefore lost a substantial quantity of data in which I have an unconscionable vested interest

after exhausting my somatic reservoir of water for tears and spirit for wailing lamentation, I have come to submit myself to your stern judgment, and the barbs of your Attic wit; hoping thereby, that I might also receive the fruits of your helpful kindness

how might I regain my paradise, my data?

Sincerely, desperately,
Your Servant

My brother just upgraded his laptop's ram from 4GB to 8GB, but now his laptop becomes slower. Anyone knows why?
The new ram's size and speed itself exactly matches the onboard ram, I checked it myself. I google'd for answer but nothing definite came up. Some say to upgrade your bios and some say to delete and reinstall drivers.
Any help is appreciated.

It might just a series of images, literal scans of the page. Where you can't highlight text or anything like that.

You can usually tell it's in that format before you even download because it's 50x as large as other ebooks of the same length.

Although I don't use amazon or speak much french, album might mean something different in that context mais je ne pense pas.

Will I get cancer because of wifi being everywhere?

its too low frequency, you should be concerned about cellular though.

do you have an intel cpu, by chance?

Probably not, can't say for sure. If you're really worried I would check what's in the food you eat before worrying about radio waves.

Is it sad if I've spent more time in my life sitting at a computer than being outside of my house?

only if you're sad

reposting from old thread because I still can't figure it out
So there is this UE3 game with the .ini configuration inside a .dll
What I'm trying to do is change the .ini settings for Engineini and/or Gameini
I tried hex editing the .dll and the game succesfuly starts but the changes don't have any effect (I tried obvious things like screenpercentage)
I managed to extract the .ini's from it and figured out that the first part is the Engine.ini which I tried loading with "-ENGINEINI:Engine.ini"
However none of the changes had any effect again
I also tried setting -ENGINEINI to anything else and the game fails to launches it just kills itself and deletes all non .exe and non .dll files from the folder

tldr; How do I edit an UE3 game marked as shipping/released's configuration without having access to the source code?

How do I learn Java? One of the classes I'm taking next semester is taught by a teacher that only uses Java. I'm not worried about learning the language, I just have no idea what the basic resources are and web searches aren't helping.

Also, recommended IDE? I'm guessing Eclipse but open to others. I'll be on Mac and Windows.

Higher frequency cellular bands are around the same wavelength as lower frequency Wi-Fi bands, not to mention both technologies utilize microwaves, which are non-ionizing radiation.

If I have a Windows 10 install, can I back it up in such a way that if I threw my HDD out of the Window, I could restore it and it's like it never happened? Like I just buy a new HDD, restore my shit, and all my files, programs, settings and such are right like they were before I fucked my shit up?

If you don't care about getting memed to death or waiting for 100 shitposts for an answer you could try .

Those are the ones using game engines, it's also a cesspool of shitposting. If you choose to do so, I would recommend rewriting your post as though you never asked this before.

I don't think it's related to the intel fiasco. He used the laptop before sticking the ram and it was fine.

How do I update my intel cpu with this new patch for spectre and meltdown

damn. i chose the wrong degree.

Update your OS and wait for the rest to be released.

i got win7 patch and enabled mitigations in registry. Dunno what to do next.

I got 8.1 and have no update except for one which got released yesterday for the windows anti virus. All my other updates are from nov 2017 and before, I have automatic updates turned off.

The problem is there is some evidence of correlation between cellular use and brain tumors. In general, the risk from non-ionizing radiation is minimal, but at sufficiently high field strengths simple RF heating can be hazardous. Wifi is extremely unlikely to cause a problem, but cell phones are more of a concern because the antenna is located just a few millimeters from the brain while in use. It's further complicated by the fact that low-dose radiation-related illnesses often take 20-30 years to develop, and require a pretty big sample size to draw useful conclusions, so we probably won't know for sure what the risks of frequent cell phone use are for another ten years or so.

I compiled the kernel without any game controller drivers, but my chink USB joystick still works, no extra modules loaded.
How?

Thanks I'll try it there, I forgot there's a general for game development

download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2018/01/windows8.1-kb4056898-x86_76d9af6e8f3d2a6890ee1bad441acf43c4124dce.msu

I'd turn on automatic updates though, and watch the optional updates for firmware type shit.

Maybe it shows up as a keyboard or something else still compiled support for

>some evidence
Feel free to link, if it's not some janky homeopathic newsletter.

What?

I can't find the power cord (to outlet) for my psu. Can I buy another one or does it have to be something specific to the psu?

The thing is it works as intended, at least for Super Meat Boy, I didn't test any other gaymes.

On the bottom casing of my notebook there's a small pin hole near where the battery is that disables it until you plug the charger in.

thank you user, so im guessing from here we just have to wait and see what happens. Once I download this patch, will this install needed patch for intel cpus, I read on Sup Forums yesterday that I have to activate it.

It's usually always this cable, if you keep the cables for old shit somewhere look through it.

I have a large box full of miscellaneous cables and for some unknown reason I'm pretty sure I have at least 5 of these, I think some game consoles even use these. I think the PS3 did.

pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/ykphP6,8hwqqs/

I don't understand why the Ryzen 5 1600X is twice as much as the FX-8350. I'm a complete brainlet when it comes to this and I can't understand why a processor that is faster and has more cores is 50% less. Why would I buy the Ryzen 5?

No, they had it wrong. Somebody read the info page for servers and thought it applied to all windows. You just install that update, but it probably won't take full affect until you get the relevant firmware updates.

You can check when it's actually working with this

github.com/ionescu007/SpecuCheck

or use the powershell thing if you don't mind fucking around with it.

What's the best image hover addon for firefox?

debugfs says the driver in use is usbhid

My mom was all about that food tinfoil, so I know what to eat, I guess genes passed on and i'm all about the tech tinfoil, recently heard that 5g will kill us all so got curious

thanks user

thanks user

Running a 8700K and 4000MHz DDR4, what real world performance increase would I see in moving from a SATA3 SSD to a NVMe one, if any? All I do with my PC is shitpost and play video games.

where do I get the relevant firmware updates or are they not out yet ?