Intel Class Action Lawsuit

It has begun
businesswire.com/news/home/20180104006325/en/Branstetter-Stranch-Jennings-Doyle-APC-Announce-Filing

>NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Branstetter, Stranch & Jennings, PLLC of Nashville (BS&J), and Doyle APC of San Diego, California, have filed a class action lawsuit against Intel Corporation for alleged design flaws in Intel’s computer processors.

>The suit’s plaintiffs, Steven Garcia and Anthony Stachowiak, allege that the computer chips containing the fatal security flaws violate California and Tennessee law. Specifically, the plaintiffs bring claims for breach of warranty and violations of consumer protection statutes alleging that Intel’s selling of computer chips with this fatal security flaw misled consumers about the performance and reliability of the computers operating with this hardware.

There's two others that are not in Intel's home state, but this one seems to be the biggest.

Class action lawsuits are a joke

They genuinely aren't something to be fucked with

No idea where you got that idea from

the fuck are you talking about
this has the potential for being the largest ones of all time

So how do I sign up?

So are they gonna have t0 pay out before or after they get done paying AMD?

lol no. Intel was no doubt like "call the lawyers" immediately as they knew it was widespread news.

How do I get money from this

doesn't sound at all like these clowns have a case

They are a joke because they are an easy way for intel to pay everyone $20 and be exempt from more lawsuits. The only people who really win are the lawyers in class action lawsuits.

they might actually have a case considering they knew of the fault months before they launched coffee lake. and they didn't state anything about it prior. you could actually go as far and state intel even knew about it with x299 - skylake-x because they launched that platform like during the same month they learned about the fault.

So what are the chances this actually succeeds?

Good, is Microshill™ next?

I want to like these companies but we all know they deserve this.

if the intel shills are right, consumer workloads won't even see a 1% decrease in performance, and everyone will probably get at $30 for free for EACH device bought with an Intel CPU in it.

i can't wait for my $2 bros.
no they aren't i got $30 from nvidia for gimping 970s.

>It is alleged that the security flaw will affect millions of computers currently in use across the country.
Understatement of the millennium.

they actually do as intel admitting knowing full well of the fault months before they even acknowledged coffee lake was going to be released early and technically knew about it the same month skylake-x / x299 launched. even though they knew they purposefully mislead the public by not stating their processors have a massive security fault that could result in serve performance regression from a fix.

Since I bought 7700k I might get a discount somewhere?

every intel chip owners get paid a pittance in compensation and the lawyers get paid a percentage of the total.

class action lawsuit is just plain stupid.

i have the patch and already noticed the performance regression in file transfers on my 950 pro nvme and 850 pro sata ssd's with writing small files. ~20-40% reduction. also noticed increased load times in skyrim and fallout 4 that are heavily modded with a ton of loose files.

>build computers for family and friends
>I can claim a rebate on every single intel cpu

Gonna get a couple hundred thanks lawyers

>only syscalls affected
>even at 10k files the delay wouldn't amount to a second
>i have noticed hurr

it sucks for the company, but for us it means we'll get like $5 or some dumb shit lol

>someone finds a security exploit
>exploit gets patch and gets a performance hit that at least 90% of the users aren't affected by.
This is lawsuit worthy then every security exploit would be as well.
>California law
HAHAHAHA

They should be considering they knew about it for over a decade and designed their OS in favor of the performance gain knowing one day someone would figure it out and then patch it.

Still bills the company millions and sometimes billions. I'll gladly take an unexpected payment of $20 of justice.

Good thing we have several benchmarks to prove you wrong.

Lawyers involved will get a couple hundred million.

Intel WORKER here
STOP PLEASE WE'VE HAD TO BLOCK OFF THE STAIRS AND ROOF PEOPLE ARE COMMITTING SUICIDE BY THE HOUR

ITS JUST NOT FAIR. I JUST REMORTGAGED MY HOUSE TO BUY INTEL STOCKS

Yeah I really don't think intel should be liable for this. The market is enough punishment for this.

It'd be nice if intel was liable for their spin machine though. Or their other anti-competitive bullshit.

Yeah, and? That's how a class action lawsuit works. You aren't getting the lion's share of the payout because you aren't doing anything.

not really this is huge its like when toyota started to sell the prius fully knowning it had a problem on the gas pedal and they prey that no one noticed it...
they had to recall every damn prius ever made

How much, exactly, do you feel entitled to? You don't have to take the settlement, you can go right ahead and file your own complaint with your own lawyer. Let me know how much money you see then, after the lawyer fees.

>This is lawsuit worthy then every security exploit would be as well.
I got $1 from Red Bull because it didn't actually give me wings. The real issue will probably be false advertising claims on the chips that were sold and marketed AFTER Intel knew about the flaw.

They can claim they only found out about it in June when it was discovered.

it's simple economics that if intel has to payout $10 a piece to the owners of 100,000,000 affected chips will incentivize them to avoid billion dollar mistakes in the future. That the lawyers get a third of that is merely an incentive for them to solve such problems and put in the effort to track down and contact as many affected parties as possible.
t. Lawfag

That still covers every CPU and device sold in a 6 month period.

Which is bad but it's not going to be some huge thing where they pay everybody who bought an Intel cpu in the last 20 years

>intel
>paying

Countless number of CPU sales over a 15+ year span. Even if the suit paid out billions in just California, you'll pennies. Only the lawyers will win, assuming the judge won't just throw the case out. Spoiler: he will.

I feel like I should be refunded the cost of the CPU at bare minimum, so I can buy something that ISN'T a lie.

In fact, since the only secure x86 consumer processors are AMD or Intel Itaniums, I should be able to give them my defective CPU and all the parts that I required to make it work, and get a check to replace them all with comparable equipment of the advertised performance WITHOUT flaws.

Expect ARM and AMD (vulnerable to variant 1) to get hit with lawsuits as well.

lol dream on

>>class actions don't matter
>>asbestos ambulance chaser commercials still to this day

> only secure x86 consumer processors are [...] Intel Itaniums

I should buy a Coffee Lake CPU just so I can join the lawsuit and get rich

t. Nvidia CEO who lost class action lawsuit regarding GTX 970 3,5GB vram scam

>post yfw this is the reason why Coffee Lake was paperlaunched (to minimze the amount of CPUs sold in the last 6 months to get a smaller fine

kek

>be a company
>release first desirable product in years in a market that you have been clawing away at after decades of shrewd business practices by your competitor
>its revealed your competitor's product is dangerous and broken
>its revealed your competitor's product has 3 major faults that the only known fixes are to make them preform worse
>competitor issues statement it is working with other companies to fix the products they and YOU made
>issue a statement that your products are not dangerous and broken in these ways
>vendors don't care and nerf everything anyway
>your competitor gets off scott-free using FUD
epic timeline.

Okay, let's give you the absolute benefit of the doubt, and say you've bought multiple i7s or some shit, AND the judge agrees and awards you the full refund in damages. Let's say that's $2000 or whatever. Now, take into account the fact you had to hire a superstar lawyer to sue Intel for three years to get that $2000. You are now at negative $200,000. Do you understand the point of a Class Action now?

HEH

a serious class action suit can mean the end of a business

for mega-corporations with billions in assets, it's still a thorn on the side. in the end, the costs will be passed on to the consumers.

Like another user said this will just result in winning a free 5 moneybux and increased prices on all intel products as retaliation by intel to make up for the losses.

ARM yes AMD not likely.
You seem to forget that their vulnerability is fixable without performance hit.
Hell by the logic behind this class action, it would mean class action all day every day for security software and hardware vendors the moment a hacker finds a new way in which is all the fucking time.

intel isn't going to have any consumers other than Sup Forums kiddies.

>bought a 5820k in 2015 and it will probably still btfo the ryzen 1600/1700 after the patch.

>will take my class action shekels anyways because fuck these fucking intel jews and I want Intel to go under.

>Next pc build will be AMD solely because in the last 2 years I slowly realized how much I fucking hate jews and have been turning into a full blown 1488 sperg.

>will buy intel stock at its low point when the dust finally settles and ride it back up.

>tfw I realize how fucking jewish this is.

How does this work exactly? i'm from yuropooria but i have like 30+ intel cpus from the past 10 years. Do i just mail them the serial numbers an they send the money?
How did the nvidia thing work?

I bet they'll justify the price increase with the new security """features""" that they have implemented

I'm fairly sure this will fail.

This.

It's all about sending a message.

So would I get $20 for every Intel device I own?

I have 3 laptops, an x86 tablet, and a desktop. That's $100. Cash money straight to Threadripper.

they won't, they'll make a deal out of court.

>learn about security flaw
>go to computer store
>ask salesperson to show show you a good computer
>if you get an intel cpu based pc shown and not informed it contains a big security flaw
>buy pc
>sue store
>???
>profit

Go to work to kill yourself. Is this what wagecucks actually do?

30% of the price i bought the processor for

Unblock them.

I'd love to hear them explain how they made the same mistake for over a decade.

I'm in ohio, how do I join up with this class action suit

if you have to ask you aren't eligible to join.

Those images crack me up.

why

Gotta be a Jew to Jew the Jew.

Exactly

AMD is never getting that money you ignorant dumbfuck

What about all of the companies from newegg to walmart that are STILL selling these cpus and machines with these cpus to customers?

STOP

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP

Nothing wrong with that

you know about the problem now, it's your choice to buy one of these defective chips

Good, Intel must rot in hell.

Wow can't wait for my $5 rebate in a year.

>That the lawyers get a third of that is merely an incentive for them to solve such problems and put in the effort to track down and contact as many affected parties as possible.
The crooked nose said rubbing his hands.
You don't need hundred of millions dollars for this.

See

hmm

I have six devices with Intel CPUs, so where do I get my $120?

variant 1 is OS level and patches have been released already, AMD is still more secure

are you fucking autistic or what

>3,5
Yuropoors get the fuck off my board

>t. Nvidia CEO who lost class action lawsuit regarding GTX 970 3,5GB vram scam
Nvidia settled, they didn't lose.

>it's still a thorn on the side. in the end, the costs will be passed on to the consumers.
You can't pass it on to customers if you have a serious competitor. You think people will keep buying Intel at a markup to offset a class action when Ryzen 2 releases in less than 3 months?

>The only way to beat the Jew is to out Jew him

I wonder if this is the reason why my laptop's battery last longer while sleeping on Linux, but it drains like 4 times faster when sleeping in windows, lul

There's no real world scenario where 100,000,000 people will participate in a class action lawsuit. They'll snag a few million people at best. Keep in mind that while these bugs affect nearly every device with an Intel CPU the owners of these devices are mostly tech illiterate retards who probably aren't even aware there is a problem or are people who have much more mundane issues than worrying about trying to get a check for $10 out of Intel via protracted legal battle that could be drawn out for years. Intel probably won't even end up paying out over 100 million.

Intel might not end up paying consumers, but they might end up getting shafted in the corporate space. AMDs Ebyn propably sounds very lucrative right now

I'd expect some cheap xeons hitting ebay really soon.

>. AMDs Ebyn
Is this real?

almost

>everyone $20
That would be if you are talking about a few people in the USA and by forgetting the rest of the world. The GTX 970 $30 lawsuit was a joke, the same will be with Intel

the value of this class action will likely be much higher than the Nvidia one since a shitton more Intel CPUs have been sold than 970s were ever sold. Every MacBook, every major laptop brand, every desktop versus some Nvidia owners that were too cheap for a 980.

And by value I mean total cost to Intel, not the $15 refund we're gonna get at the end of it.