RISC-V is unnaffected

riscv.org/2018/01/more-secure-world-risc-v-isa/

> No announced RISC-V silicon is susceptible, and the popular open-source RISC-V Rocket processor is unaffected as it does not perform memory accesses speculatively.

RISC-V IS SECURE NIGGAS

guess all of you anons posting from internet of shit toy microcontrollers can rejoice

The question is when are we actually getting to buy and use powerful RISC-V SOCs ?
It's taking too long!

Unironically holding out for NT on RISC-V once supervisor ISA is finalised

Why?

anyone know if other architectures like sparc, powerpc, or alpha are affected?

Why would you not do speculative addressing? The alternative is an inefficient pipeline like veins full of air bubbles.

Or do they have an alternative memory structure?

According to tenfourfox yes PPC is affected.
According to google all CPUs from 1995 are affected. Exceptions being RISC-V and AMD new Zen architecture(mostly)

>Exceptions
AND FX with defaults iirc :^)

the Acorn port was a mistake (locked down to hell)
We need to go back, make it available on at least one non-386 platform without any further restrictions

But why?
Who cares about NT? Just leave that garbage to die.

Without significant mainstream backing RISC-V hardware will never be anything more than toy SBCs for hipster bugmen.

To both Spectre and Meltdown?

what about VISC CPUs?

so for intel you'd have to go pre-pentium pro (P6)?
best thing out there is the desktop pentium MMX 200, which runs like a snail and wouldn't be able to do anything with today's hardware or OSes.

when will there be releaese of RISC-V that is on par with Zen or recent intel chips?

10 years at least.

Yes

Not even microsoft will use NT anymore when Risc-v is ready.
Mobile and Server is much more important.

I owned a pentium 233mhz mmx at one time.

Today don't exist risc v high performance means lack part making vulnerable.

There core is not sophisticated enough to do that yet. Presently that is an 'advantage'.

They may get to a point where they're powerful enough to run a Sup Forums/10bit anime machine, but to compete against Intel/AMD they would need insane amounts of capital

They do not need capital at all, since they don't even make chip-designs.
What they make is the ISA and tools and such.
What they need is just someone to design and fabricate actual chips.

whatever

What's the legitimate state of these processors?

If I go and spend real money am I just going to hit retarded bugs because I'm one of seven users?

why do so many of you nerds cream yourselves over this gay isa that nobody uses

I don't think there's a processor released yet. The foundation was only started in 2015 after all.

on desktop? probably never. risc is shit for desktop.

>They have never sold a processor vulnerable to spectre

Based RISCV

how about BOOM, how does it avoid Spectre

I guess you could say that RISC-V is... risk-free!

get deported spic

licensing autism
they think that because you can download a defanged verilog implementation off of the internet that a megacorp can’t possibly install a backdoor behind closed doors

I've implemented and use it in a fpga. Why should I bother to learn / use / develop around either a proprietary (arm) or obsolete (mips) ISA. Imho is going to become huge over the next decade.

thats cool but where can i buy it?

RiscV only has what, a 7ish% improvement in theoretical models? Hardly worth waiting for.

>trying to weasel out of it with the PC is dead delusion
Nobody here jacking off to RISC-V is most excited about its potential in corporate cloud farms and normie facebook toys, we’re almost always talking about it’s potential in desktops and laptops that we own and use ourselves, where NT still dominates and is pretty much the only reason for Microshit’s continued existence as a whole.

And Microshit’s doesn’t care about RISC-V, fucking nobody does but a bunch of autistic contrarians riding a hype train to nowhere.

CARLOS!

que pedo wey?

Is there any device with a RISC-V CPU that I could buy and use to access the internet? Just out of curiosity.

>Zen
MEME.
This shit was so bad I sent the free one back. Locked to 2.5ghz or some retardedly low amount and the only way to boost it was to disable SMT. If I have to spend an entire day fucking with your processor in a brand new build it will never find solace in my lab again.

gib risc-v mobo + cpu now!

This. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

i guess speed is more important than security