Glorious Nippon OLED Monitor

World's first printing OLED Panels
"True OLED"
pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1099643.html
>JOLED was created in 2015 from operations spun off by Sony Corp. and Panasonic Corp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=grKfBn7KF6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah gonna be buying that even if its over 3k

how is it for gayms

same response time as crt

is... is that good?

its like 0.1 ms its amazing

Asus is a Taiwanese company

Cant wait desu,I was waiting for an upgrade for so long.

Any mention of spec or price?

enjoy your burn in

Photo is from Asus but news is about Sony and Panasonic about print type manofacture oled,nothing about monitors

Same panel as in ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd gens. We use those at work. The model we have must not have that display, because they're not that impressive.

I heard LG produces OLED too. Is this one better? Will it degrade in a year like samsung?

So I'm guessing a couple years more and these things won't cost an arm and a leg.

That panel is Samsung

OLED is LG tech everyone else is playing catch up.

Do you stop and think before you post? Did you not think they've solved this issue before putting this monitor out?

Well samsung didn't but it doesn't stop them from selling crap, does it?

Yeah, only an arm

HA all of those 1ms fags are btfo. This thing makes 1ms monitors more onusable that 5ms monitors.
Your $1000 1ms monitor is 10X slower than this thing? How does that feel?

literally been waiting for this since 2010

How much ¥ will it cost?

I don't get where this meme came from. I've worked with Samsung devices for several years now and I didn't once encounter this.

it has been reduced over the last few years, but certainly not solved. Micro-LEDs or electro emissive quantum dots will give us near perfect displays without burn-in

You say near perfect yet the image quality doesn't even compare when put side by side, but yeah, burn-in is a problem, especially on PC.

Imagine this response time with a high refresh rate.

... as other poster said: the moon runes say that the X1 Yoga has an Samsung. But the Yoga is available with both IPS and OLED, if your work paid attention to the price they probably got the IPS which is about $500 off.

I got said model as OLED version and it is impressive.

correction here.. checked the manufacturer id of my Yoga.. its an LG OLED.

So what are the main problems with oleds still?

Price, no high refresh rate, burn-in.

standard answers are:
>pixels degrade at different speeds (blue dies first)
>older ones still have burn in issues
>$$$

>older ones still have burn in issues
Cool, when oleds finally take off I'll get to use screensavers again

Black screen would be a better idea.

>blue dies first
Isn't that outdated? At least on samsung displays white degrades into blue or green over time.

considering those 1ms monitors are lying about the 1ms, fairly retarded for buying the bullshit.

and don't forget shit viewing angles
it's not as good as CRT but better than TN LED panel

This days every manufacturer lies about response times though so false 1ms is still considerably lower than false 8ms.

wut? great viewing angle is a major selling point for OLED TVs

My Galaxy SII got burn in when i forced it to stay on for some grindy bullshit game for min max, a PC monitor would stay on with static imagery for considerably longer than that.

What you need is a UI redesign to avoid static imagery such as browsers and similar apps, Windows itself can probably get away with tweaking the Windows 8 mode that nobody in their right mind currently uses.

you're right my bad
I think I mixed it up with something else then
youtube.com/watch?v=grKfBn7KF6M

>that video
That video showed nothing concerning viewing angles, they must take their consumers for idiots.

Taiwanese people are honorary nipponese. Taiwanese people helped the Nipponese during the feeding of Nanjing.

a pg279q version of this would literally be an endgame monitor.

probably pva/mva which was a mistake

>Will it degrade in a year like samsung?
LG's OLED TVs experience image retention

>gif doesn't loop perfectly

I'm legitimately angry

*burns in task bar*

Ugly as fuck. Superior monitor coming through.

Shit, forgot image

but whats the fucking input lag then? 80ms?

Give it 3 to mature and drop in price.only then will I consider any type of OLED for my desktop needs

Almost nothing.

If only there were a way for consumers to measure the response times of their monitors and sue the manufacturers and retailers for false advertisement

proof?

What refresh rate?

inb4 60

tfw 120 would be fine with me

im still on a 1st gen 120hz 22" TN monitor, the samsung C24FG70 was a literal fucking downgrade in text clarity.

this look more gamery than this lmao

hay i just got that in the mail

A CRT has almost no input lag, that's well documented, and if it's the same it should be almost nothing, i don't have any data to back it up with, nor do i know if it actually have comparable input lag, i'm just assuming that is the case since experts has claimed this in the past, so calm your fucking tits.

So microseconds?

CRT use an electron beam that travels horizontal over the screen line by line. Back in the day this was a value you had to set in your X configuration and it was a value between 30-120kHz.

For example to fill your 1600x1200@60hz screen you need 1200 lines times 60hz equals 72000 or 72kHz. This meant that the response time was basically near to 1/72000 seconds, limited only by the quality of electronics. Some better quality CRTs (EIZO!) could nearly reach that limit.

Samsung can't make your UI elements move around gradually in Windows.

micro-led and ee-quantum dots are both surface emissive, they are directly modulated just like rgb oled. Infact ee-quantum dots displays are superior to oled displays because they have a wider gamuts and are far brighter. EE-quantum dots are likely 5-10 years away, Samsung is moving to phase II of quantum dots this soon, they are supposed to have a prototype at CES this year.

forgot pic

hope that stuff is available and has good viewing angles + response time, until then OLED is still the coolest dog in display heaven

Finally.
Hope all OLED panels will be HDR10+ capable.

How do you know that this new tech isn't false 0.1ms?

I'm still skeptical, i think IPS gives crisper picture.

buy a hi speed camera + oscilloscope, then measure it yourself (or hope some decent review site does that for you)

I have a CRT sitting on my desktop that can do 121khz and 1600x1200@95hz
the formula to calculate the max refresh rate of a resolution on a CRT is:
scan hz / vertical resolution * 0,95
in this case:
121000 / 1200 * 0,95 = 95.79
for gaming I use 1088x680@160hz
I still can't believe the previous owner sold it to me for $20
I'm still salty we will never get SED or FED technology
nothing will beat CRT in terms of color, viewing angle, response time, motion blur, deep blacks and resolution independence
not atleast in 20 years

CRT Model?

>for gaming I use 1088x680@160hz
How can VGA even handle that much without quality loss?

pic

the only quality loss is the low resolution
but the CRT handles it pretty well
low resolution means big letters so text is readable
and I can see enemies in the distance too when I play FPS
the GTX900 series is the last generation of graphics card that have analog output and my GTX 980 handles it pretty well
I sold my R9 390 for it because it didn't have it

wait what
sony has made oled monitors for professionals and production for years
what's different this time?

It's called CRT son.
Glorious 160hz, no input lag, fat tubes.

thats a video production master TV, not a real PC monitor .. no HDMI, no DisplayPort, converter box would probably produce horrible input lag

Finally, a proper OLED implementation, not Samshit garbage