Crypto inflates my gpu to absurd levels

>crypto inflates my gpu to absurd levels
>ram surging and doesnt look like its ever coming back so this might be the new normal
>save up
>settle on i7
>meltdown cucked
>jump ship to AMD
>ram which I paid 10x more for now incompatible

This is the worst time in history to build, I give up on my new build, fuck it.

>not buying used Xeons + ddr3
Wow so difficult

No one cares.

nah fuck it, it's just a terrible time to build it shouldn't be this fucking messy, I'll just save my money and wait for some uncucked shit that doesnt need patches and motherfucking throttling

I fucking know that feel. I have a motherboard and a CPU and a RAM module, and they all have to be shipped back to Newegg at my cost. Then I have to wait 3 fucking months for Ryzen+.

same boat, just save up and wait. we can make it, we'll come out better than the rest.

just wait for the new generation of intel CPUs

Gone are the days of really fucking decent $600 builds. Sad.

was right in the middle of a new build as I have damaged my old z68 board. Was this close to buying an i7 8700k, literally the day the news started leaking.

Luckily I avoided buying it, but now I'm stuck with a computer that crashes every 30mins.

FUcking idiot we warned you not to buy into the intel meme and what did you do? YOu bought INTO the INTEL MEME

Story behind this webm?

I'M SORRY I'M FUCKING SORRY I ALREADY RETURNED IT BUT ITS TOO LATE AND NOW MY RYZEN DOESNT WORK AND IM LOSING IT aaAaAAAAAAAA

>yes goy, wait over a year for our new "fixed" CPUs!

is RyZeN+ THE choice for q1?

That's Brian Krzanich last night

its fake

>one are the days of really fucking decent $600 builds. Sad.
True.
If you are willing to settle for 900p and below and don't care about streaming or content creation you can build something that is decent. rx460 and 560 are still reasonably priced and can play any game at 720p.

That burns man.

I never been an intel guy because they were always overpriced and frankly the performance bump never impressed me with anything except a handful of games I didn't play. If you aren't hardcore rendering, streaming, running statistical models, compressing/unzipping playing games in 2k or 4k, an AMD fx 6xxx and up was just fine.

Now is a really shitty time to be a twitch/youtuber.

>Implying
They knew about this bug but releasing 8th gen anyway.

>720p.
Yea, but that's just disgusting

t. AMDrone retard

maybe it's time to stop buying high-end cards

Sup Forums here, I'm waiting it out because poorfag but with shitcoins being here to stay, this might be the new normal for GPU for many, many years to come. Even mid-range GPUs like 1050ti have inflated prices. Also AMD GPUs are going extinct in my country.

I've been playing vidya since forever but next time I upgrade, I may build an APU-based system and bypass the graphic card part entirely. It's not like you need a high-end system to play new games nowadays.

>mid-range
>1050ti

GPU prices have normalized you dumbfuck

1050ti and 1060 are nvidia's mid-range cards for this gen

1050ti is nigger tier. 1060 is entry level. 1070 is midrange

No. Prices have changed, not tiers

I'm looking to upgrade my DDR3 machine and even DDR3 is ridiculously priced.

not disagreeing.
However 10 years ago a low end card could even run any games. 5 years ago a low end card couldn't run a nonHD resolution.
>if you are a console pleb making the switch, 720p is no worse than what you were gaming on before, and you can crank most games up to 900p (1080 on all the popular games) and only spend $120 on your card.
>I've made many a happy 1st computers for newbies with those cards.

1060s cost about what i paid for my 970 last gen. And the 1060 isnt much better. This gen blows

>This gen
This is the forseeable future. People are still buying cards at the prices, so there's literally no reason for anyone to drop prices no matter what. Same shit with RAM

Is a 1050ti the equivalent of what a 1060 was in 2016?

Man you missed on on the golden time to buy. Built my rig end of year 2016.
>RX480 $200
I've always been a budget gamer. You have no Idea how pissed I am miners have fucked AMD pricing in the dirt.
>RX560 and 460 are still reasonably priced. If you don't mind console quality graphics you can snag one still for $120ish

Very similar price, actually. Maybe $30 more for a 1070 vs 970

970s shouldn't have been $350 in the first place

>Prices have changed, not tiers
no, he's right 1050 would be budget tier, 1060 is entry, 1070 is mid, 1080 is high, 1080ti is god tier

970 is good. Ive had it fot over 2 years, never once had a problem with the 3.5 meme

AMD by comparison.
>RX 550 is WTF are you kidding me? lol! hope you just wanna do office work tier
>RX 560 2gb is "I don't wanna game above 720p if it means only spending $100" tier
>RX 560 4gb is between budget and entry tier as it can handle many popular titles at 1080p but can't do intensive titles past 900p and only $20 more
>RX 570 4gb and 8gb the "yeah I can do 1080p and 1440p but for $20 you could of gotten a fucking 580" tier which is between entry and mid. Was supposed to be priced at $150 but retailers always marked up to absurd levels
>RX580 4gb is the "fuck yeah maxed 1440 for under $200" tier that is on the higher end of mid
>RX580 8gb is the "for $250 I can play QHD maxed and play with some 4k stuff" tier that is just short of high
>Dual RX 580 8gb is the "lol, this was still waaaaay cheaper than a 1080 and I'm only 9 frames slower than you" god tier
>Vega was the "lol, hope you like being our beta tester or are mining coins because you pair more than a 1080ti for far less performance" god is laughing at you teir
however since miners created a giant spike in AMD GPU pricing all AMD GPU's with the exception of 560 and 550 are now overpriced tier.

>tfw stuck with GTX 970 probably for the next 5 years

>>RX580 8gb is the "for $250 I can play QHD maxed and play with some 4k stuff" tier that is just short of high

RX580 8gb is 370 euros where i live

Should of waited. There is no reason ti upgrade right now unless you are going VR. Just wait until zen2 in 2019.

same desu, guess my 3570k with ddr3 ram will have to last for a few more years at least

1050ti is low tier af. 1060, 1070, 1070ti are mid, and 1080 1080ti are high. I don't know why anyone would waste money on anything lower than a 1060 tho. At that point you may as well be using the igpu instead.

Return everything. Also, if you buy a AMD CPU that means you need a new motherboard that is compatible with AMD. Intel and AMD CPUS generally won't work in the same motherboard.

>rx460 and 560 are still reasonably priced and can play any game at 720p.
Tfw using that card and any non Ubisoft title is ran at 1080 mediumish settings.

Wait for the crypto craze to settle down, there will be sooo much used GPUs in the market that you will be able to get crazy deals.