matrix.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

K

IRC

I use mumble but holy fuck do I wish I could adjust individual users volume

Mumble
Riot.im
Wire

This. Also the ability to stream sound from a specified process (example, outputting audio from a media player).

Riot.im and Matrix seem like one of the best options. The interface is very Discord-like or Slack-like, and I think they even have a video call option.

This tbqh, but mumble is pretty good too. Why the IRC protocol isn't extended for streaming so we can use our beloved clients AND chatting via VoIP or something like that through the same channel?

>I wish I could adjust individual users volume
This is coming in 1.3.0 but who knows when they will actually release it
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/1.3.0#Features
>The output volume of individual users can now be adjusted locally

>looses all of the messages on reconnect "pss nothin personel kid"

>inlcudes a file send
>only supports jpgs and is a gimped hackd together thing that sends it as raw text and reassembles it as an image later which requires you to up your allowed chat text message size to 9infinities

>Why the IRC protocol isn't extended for streaming so we can use our beloved clients AND chatting via VoIP or something like that through the same channel?
How hard is to make this happen?

Literally set the channel topic to the mumble server.. How fucking hard was that?

I think he meant being able to have the voice chat be integrated into the IRC, so rather than having to boot up a second client, you can just have it all come through your IRC client, similarly to how discord works.

That's *literally* what Slack was for years, until they got rid of the IRC components and made it proprietary.

That would be fucking awesome.

I think Riot.im/Matrix is the closest thing we can get to that, from what I can tell.

you maybe could but not with the 'stable' build
all the new features are in the git one

Everything about wire but privacy is pure shit.
t. someone who uses it everyday

voip over dcc
done

Can I use any IRC client to connect to their servers?

Yep you definitely can with the dev build

How?

send audio data over dcc file sharing
a file that never ends basically

I think there's a weechat extension that allows it to connect to matrix stuff. Note that matrix is a completely different protocol to IRC.
Also, technically Riot.im is just a client for matrix. You can learn more about matrix here:
matrix.org/

>not using voip over IPoAC

Yeah, I am trying to look for some streaming trick over DCC on the internet so I can finally get this thing working.

negotiate with some CTCP stuff and use a special dcc filename
the rest is UI

>tfw streaming over dcc makes voice chat happen on irc
>tfw irc gets ten more years of fanbase
>tfw irc never dies

why should it?

IRC has VoIP

In the end irc is just the best way of getting signal instead of noise

The future is here!