RIP Intel

Will they ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/08/14/intel-ceo-quit-trumps-manufacturing-council.html
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/amazon_ec2_intel_meltdown_performance_hit/
forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=269858
businessinsider.com/google-amazon-performance-hit-meltdown-spectre-fixesoverblown-2018-1
aws.amazon.com/pt/security/security-bulletins/AWS-2018-013/
pcworld.com/article/3245606/security/intel-x86-cpu-kernel-bug-faq-how-it-affects-pc-mac.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If the server market loses confidence in Intel, and that stunt the CEO pulled off selling all that stock would cause anyone to lose confidence, then probably not.

le bump

SIR I NEED YOU TO DELET DIS

I'm sorry senpai, I am afraid I cannot do that

no

Sure, they are up .67 today already

I can't do that because of gag reflex

It sucks man (pun intended)

This is how I see Intel going in the next 1-2 years tops.

>Intel paying out the ass to class action lawsuits
>CEO indicted on charges of insider trading
>New CEO dumping large amounts of money into new chip design
>Companies that run servers are already changing over to AMD as new chipsets roll out
>Intel stocks slowly dwindle at roughly half to one third its current trading value
>Intel becomes the new AMD, has to change to the "Dell" business model of selling inexpensive shit.

t. Market speculator, and Intel i9 owner
>Kms

isnt that illegal?

Ceos are above the law

What's actually going to happen :
>merchant, you are my greatest ally, shintel for lyf

You tell us, you're the legal professional

Right?

>laws being applicable to rich jews

So far, no one has demonstrated that he did anything wrong.

More like Intel stock drops and I swoop in and make a killing on a critically undervalued large cap tech stock

literally the coca cola of tech

sounds good, better than bitcoin anyway

>Intel lose money Q1 to 0 server sales.
>Lose money Q2 to development cost and 0 server sales
>Lose money Q3 when noone will buy newly developed shit chips + class action lawsuit
>Q4 new CEO, kills himself shortly after arriving due to utter shame
>Intel stocks dip to 20 cents a share
>"I better buy in goyim"2

2017 WAS JUST THE BEGINNING LADS

2018 WILL BE EVEN MORE FUN

Reminder that intel stock is up by 1% and amd is doen by 2.5% today.

What is the deal with "lads" syndrome where edgy outcasts sperg hard every time something anti-normie or anti-mainstream happens and you get giddy and mash your keyboard in all caps and call everyone your lads?

Why do you think we have something in common? Is this amd viral marketing I've heard so much about?

>Hello darkness my old friend

Please NO more
I can't take it Anymore.

DELETE this.

Do you prefer bros?

It's a joke.
You obviously don't get it.

>CEO indicted on charges of insider trading
Point and laugh at this man

>know about the flaws
>still rush con lake
>hope nobody finds out

>the federal reserve printing bitcoin

I would unironically love to see this

Is this the biggest disaster to hit the business since its inception?

tfw its still better than amd

Yeah, insider trading. You can bet your ass there's an army of the finest jewish lawyers in his defense waiting for this though.

that's kinda racist

back 2 reddit you filthy NIGGER

This czecked btw

Brian is going to jail.
Intel will recover.

Both fact.

Not really, Brian is Jewish and Jewish people look after their own.
Is it racism to see a race working for themselves - I don't have anything against it - it's literally looking after ones extended family before looking out for those outside it.

>>>/global/rules/3

Gas yourself piece of shit kike

What about the Minix server running on the chips, why there isn't more ruckus about it? My colleague told me that Disney called him to turn off his servers immediately. I'm not lying. He's administrating a file server for client side transfers.

>October
>Several months after Intel was informed of the vulnerability
So they knew about this during the launch of KBL-X and CFL? That's... interesting.

Ba dunst

Hence all the class action lawsuits against Intel that started materializing today.

The whole ME needs to be scrapped.

fyi Im pretty sure this is legal insider trading. CEOs can sell their stock whenever they want. If he advised other people to sell based on this information then that would be illegal insider trading.

Look it up

no

Thank god that i have a Intel cpu running with PCID

saved

Sounds like you're the one sperging fampai

How far back does this vulnerability go? The articles I've read just mention that it's "modern" chips, but that's so vague that it's not helpful.

From 90s onwards, I think the Pentiums are fine, but anything more modern is WRECKED

See

It's a Reddit thing. It's one of the easiest signs that someone is a massive Reddit faggot ("lads", all caps "HAHAHA" posts, double spacing between each sentence). Do yourself a favor and filter those out. Half of Sup Forums and a third of Sup Forums disappear.

>saved
newfag

most CEO have psychopathic and/or sociopathic personalities. Giving them full money and power, nothing could go wrong, right? Of course if they win, they are the most successful CEOs in the company history and if they fail they are filthy jews.

it's time for Jewtel to go to the oven.

"Intel Inside"
what did they mean by this?

>Intel was aware of chip vulnerability...
To be fair, so did everyone chasing after that libreboot dream. TEE is a multi government scam, and there is no reason to have an extra cpu that you can't control prebuilt into your cpu.
>Will they ever recover?
Looked up today's amd, and intel stock, and somehow it seems like they have. AMD is down while Intel is up BAKA.

They've pretty much already recovered. Their stock is higher than it was a month ago, and with the reduced performance impact of the recent fixes I don't think anyone will care. Syscall-heavy workloads still take a pretty big hit, but few workloads are heavy on syscalls.

And then fucking AMD comes up with a system vulnerability like this and the cycles goes on

No, And then fucking AMD comes up with a system vulnerability like this and RISC comes back and fixes everything

Brainlet here, so the TLDR on this intel controversy is that your system will slow down once the patch hits? And the patch is being distributed via windows update? What if I were to just not download it?

The big guys were in collusion with Intel to add a backdoor so they can gather intel on everyone.

Now that they revealed the backdoor on purpose the big guys are going to make sure Intel stays afloat because they are too big to fail.

the whole of intel needs to be scrapped

and then AMD fails at improving much beyond ryzen+ and falls back into obscurity as intel's replacement architecture without the vulnerability surges ahead

>Will they ever recover?

Guys this means intel will drop in price a bunch and I can run unpatched linux to host servers where security isn't essential right?

not only is he a millionaire and therefore immune to any real criminal charges but he has a personal dick sucking relationship with trump himself.

It would be, if the Intel CEO can prove he didn't know when he planned the stock sale. We've entered extreme gray area territory

>personal dick sucking relationship
cnbc.com/2017/08/14/intel-ceo-quit-trumps-manufacturing-council.html
Looks like a case of the Trump curse actually

The stock sale by itself isn't really all that suspicious.
However, him selling all stock possible aside from the minimum amount he is contractually obligated to hold while being CEO is suspicious as hell.

Yes, they themselves state it in their website that they were notified by google in june, then proceed to release Kaby Lake X in August and Coffee Lake in October.

>minix
Wasn't L4?
>tfw you have L4 spying you and not running as your frogposting OS

I don't understand how the fuck they are not spiraling downwards.
Are normies not caught up yet? Is this underreported?

Hajimari hajimari! theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/amazon_ec2_intel_meltdown_performance_hit/

>Some Amazon AWS customers have complained of noticeable slowdowns on their cloud server instances – following the deployment of a security patch to counter the Intel processor design flaw dubbed Meltdown.

>tfw you fell for the intel meme
THEY OWE ME A FIXED CPU

>recovery
>a light rise
Kek

Normies can't understand this issue.

Apple, Google, Amazon are saying they are fine after patching their systems, why should normies care?

>Amazon are saying they are fine
forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=269858

businessinsider.com/google-amazon-performance-hit-meltdown-spectre-fixesoverblown-2018-1

Yes, they are

aws.amazon.com/pt/security/security-bulletins/AWS-2018-013/

Apple: “Our testing with public benchmarks has shown that the changes in the December 2017 updates resulted in no measurable reduction in the performance of macOS and iOS as measured by the GeekBench 4 benchmark, or in common Web browsing benchmarks such as Speedometer, JetStream, and ARES-6.”

Microsoft: “The majority of Azure customers should not see a noticeable performance impact with this update. We’ve worked to optimize the CPU and disk I/O path and are not seeing noticeable performance impact after the fix has been applied.”

Amazon: “We have not observed meaningful performance impact for the overwhelming majority of EC2 workloads.”

Google: “On most of our workloads, including our cloud infrastructure, we see negligible impact on performance.”

Ryzen laptops can't come soon enough.
Fuck Intel aviv.

Ryzen laptops look promising desu, coming from a Intel user

>Vendors try to assure customers their services are working well
No shit.

Why people complaining then?
Of course service providers try to assure their client everything is fine. But in reality it's not, hence people complains.

>then proceed to release Kaby Lake X in August and Coffee Lake in October.

They legit don't give a fuck.

They should have no problem compensating their customers for the loss then :^)

>using the smile with a karate nose

Why is there so much focus on Intel. My understanding was this CPU vulnerability affected every almost all modern Intel, AMD, and ARM processors.

I've heard that all Intel CPUs dated later than 1995 are affected except the Itanium and Atom CPUs. I'm not sure exactly what models for ARM and AMD chips are affected. I'd assume RISC based CPUs like SPRAC aren't affected but then again even if they are who would care?

because intel is vulnerable to meltdown while the others arent

>Dropping Dodge Challengers from helicopters on crisis actors
Hearty kek

There's three variants
Spectre 1, Spectre 2 and Meltdown

Meltdown is Intel only fuckup.

Fair enough, I didn't know that.

>inteltards
haha, my dick has never been so erect.
Remember all those underage fags when coffin lake came out?
>muh cobbin lake
>guise is it in stock yet
>the pajeet squad shilling their cobbin lake "haha amdrones look its not a paper release *insert picture with hairy shitskinned hand over blue box 1-2 months after release*
I'm so fucking happy right now. That's what you get for supporting a country that very openly rubs its dick on your face, you fucking cucklords

>Why is there so much focus on Intel. My understanding was this CPU vulnerability affected every almost all modern Intel, AMD, and ARM processors.
Nope. Meltdown only affects Intel and Meltdown allows privilege escalation so a lot crazier viruses can be written using it.

Just to be clear on some things:

>Meltdown is the more serious exploit, and the one that operating systems are rushing to fix. It “breaks the most fundamental isolation between user applications and the operating system,” according to Google. This flaw most strongly affects Intel processors because of the aggressive way they handle speculative execution, though a few ARM cores are also susceptible.

>There is “zero AMD vulnerability” to Meltdown thanks to chip design, AMD says. If operating system patches exclude AMD CPUs from the new Meltdown-related performance restrictions—and Linux definitely is—the performance war between Intel’s chips and AMD’s new Ryzen CPUs may get even tighter.

>pcworld.com/article/3245606/security/intel-x86-cpu-kernel-bug-faq-how-it-affects-pc-mac.html