Which is best for torrenting: Deluge, BitTorrent, uTorrent, Vuze, or something else?

which is best for torrenting: Deluge, BitTorrent, uTorrent, Vuze, or something else?

deluge

transmission

deluge, birtorrent and utorrent are adware and vuze is a fucking mess

qbittorrent but it apparently mines crypto, Never seen it with high cpu usage on my pc though

Deluge and qBittorrent or anything that doesn't have stupid ads and does what it does correctly, which is to torrent and torrent only.

rtorrent, aria2.

Deluge forces you to seed.

>qStalledMeme
it has so much shit besides torrents

what's the point of torrenting if you don't plan to seed anyways?

To download things.

Was that meant to be a rhetorical or asinine?

/thread

Can you redpill me on qbittorrent user?

I use transmission, since it's obvious you're a newfag and a winodws user I'll let you know there is a version for your OS too.

yea, if you download from public trackers you get V& and public trackers require you to seed back so i don't get why u would wan't a client that doesn't seed back

how does it force you to seed?

>and public trackers require you to seed back
meant private tracker*

too bad the guy literally abandoned development of rtorrent. he'd probably gone nofap or already has all the pron he'd ever need. it's in a sad state atm

Deluge = reddit
Tixati = Sup Forums

Anything that works for you.
I use Deluge. GPL, has a headless version, it's just great.
The headless version is nice since I run it on my server and then use the client to just connect to the daemon to manage torrents instead of doing something dumb.

something else

Thinklinkrootsquare

Tixati = degenerate barneyfags
rtorrent = Sup Forums

qBittorrent it just werks. I used transmission before but it didn't have auto shutdown option so I switched to qB

>t. reddit

just ignore the tripfag, user
he's always this retarded

>Vuze

People are still using Vuze? I thought people abandoned that shitware like over a decade ago.

qtransmission
the project is resumed

>i don't get why u would wan't a client that doesn't seed back

Because I have better use for my bandwidth.

It doesn't force you to, you can edit the source code to change that.

It does set a minimum .5 ratio so if you are too stupid to hack it then you will be stuck seeding.

if someone says that something is the best except it mines crypto, it's not the best
tixati is breddy gud and has enough priorities/sequential download slots to grab a full season in order
the decentralized forum function is kinda shit though, nobody uses it

DOES QBITTORRENT MINE CRYPTO? URGENT ANSWER PLS

It's open source, you can compile it yourself...
But nobody has time for that

I used to swear by deluged + deluge-web on my server.. Switched to transmission-daemon and now it suddenly runs exponentially faster. I even found that there's an rpc frontend called transgui which is laid out like deluge, but doesn't nig your resources.

transmission daemon doesn't natively support ssl though like deluge-web, so you have to add a simple proxy into your apache config (like 5 simple lines of config or something)

Well worth it though, because you actually *want* apache to handle ssl certs instead of dealing with a mess of permission fuckery or risk leaking your privkey to the running user.

deluged is just far too heavy load when you start seeding past 30 torrents at a time, and the rpc connection closes when you try to add multiple torrents from android as well.

idk i don't use it

transmission supports ssl in trackers, dht, and peer connections...

Has for years.

Meant to say RPC.

Transmisson.

RPC on transmission-daemon doesn't support SSL**

qBittorrent

best of the best? rtorrent
best on windoze? qbittorrent

Ah.
I'd just pipe it through ssh if I needed it remotely.

rtorrent, QBT and transmission are the only acceptable options in 2018.

false
download from public trackers over free wifi at places, never had a V& or a CDE show up in my life

also if all you use is free wifi at places for torrenting then you cannot seed back because you're not going to be there all the time, also their bandwidth is kinda limited so if you want to browse at all you'll have to throttle that shit

> content filters absolutely do not stop p2p transmissions, and if you dont have the magnet/torrent already you can use a simple public vpn to unlock a site to download it, bare minimum you can just go download the torrent/magnet over a normal connection first but dont start the transfer at all

This process also has a tendency to be changing your IP address on a daily basis, by literally going to other locations physically to use the internet.

> but mcdonalds or some coffee shop has really shitty internet and itll take hours to download a multi-gig movie

What do you think this is... South Korea?
Lobby for better internet.

enable mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http in apache.
Way better than opening a tunnel every time you want to add a torrent remotely.

Azureus

LMAO

I generally don't add torrents remotely but the option is there through ssh if I really needed to.

Most of it is automated, used to use flexget to add torrents but I switched to sonarr a few days ago. Kind of sucks that it uses mono but meh.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you can turn all that off in settings with sudo or admin privies glue licker

Turn off what?

Found the poo

Tixati
t. former qbittorrent, Deluge, rTorrent nigger

>Vuze
dead. it's called bigly now