RASPBERRY PI GENERAL

What are you faggots working on?

What OS are you running?

Other urls found in this thread:

makezine.com/projects/build-raspberry-pi-powered-linux-laptop-that-fits-your-pocket/
anonhq.com/build-raspberry-pi-linux-laptop-fits-pocket/
amazon.com/Elecrow-1920X1080-Xbox360-Display-Raspberry/dp/B01NB17E0Z
imgur.com/a/9tEZF
dietpi.com/#features
youtube.com/watch?v=8qBxi6Q4XlY
raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts
mirror1.malwaredomains.com/files/justdomains
sysctl.org/cameleon/hosts
zeustracker.abuse.ch/blocklist.php?download=domainblocklist
s3.amazonaws.com/lists.disconnect.me/simple_tracking.txt
s3.amazonaws.com/lists.disconnect.me/simple_ad.txt
hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
raw.githubusercontent.com/sononum/abloprox/master/adservers.txt
pgl.yoyo.org/as/serverlist.php?showintro=0;hostformat=hosts
easylist.to/easylist/easylist.txt
pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?showintro=0;hostformat=hosts
easylist.to/easylist/fanboy-social.txt
easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/fanboy-annoyance.txt
fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-antifacebook.txt
fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-cookiemonster.txt
adaway.org/hosts.txt
hostsfile.org/Downloads/hosts.txt
wally3k.github.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rasbian usually - minibian upgraded to stretch to be precise

bought 9 identical usb sticks so in middle of moving rootfs onto those and probably gluster for the rest

not going well, cant boot after moving rootfs-- need to pull them all till i can see whats actually failing and fix it

I'm using a retropie img that allows you to download an emulator and all the games for that system at the same time.

currently setting one up to send a notification to my PC if somebody rings the doorbell, since it's quiet af

Are Odroids welcome? Currently running Ubuntu server because that is the fastest thing I could set but I probably gonna go with Gentoo so I get more degrees of freedom.

does anyone have any good pictures of PDA type devices made with PI's?

Raspian

Running PiVpn and PiHole

Comfy

You can just use a ESP8266 for that friend.

makezine.com/projects/build-raspberry-pi-powered-linux-laptop-that-fits-your-pocket/

anonhq.com/build-raspberry-pi-linux-laptop-fits-pocket/

What's the point of this. It's the stupidest project I've ever seen.

Has he not heard of a laptop.

Best pi projects are things laptops can't do.

I have considered doing this given the lack of any worthwhile modern palmtops on the market, even just for game emulation and basic Sup Forums shitposting while on the go it would be cool, but I haven't used my soldering iron since high school.

Same here, pi3 retropie, it gets more use out of my xbox one which has been collecting dust for a long long time now.

Can Raspberry Pi run at 1920x1080?
I don't have one, but does the original vanilla version do it?
also most important is there any 1920x1080 display for him?

This is a cool project.

This is a brainlet poster.

amazon.com/Elecrow-1920X1080-Xbox360-Display-Raspberry/dp/B01NB17E0Z

Running moodeaudio for streaming Sup Forumscore from my NAS to my loudspeakers.

>running pi-hole
>see barley any blocks
>uBlock does it all

Is there an SBC out there that supports vulkan

I2P gate (for u, fags)
+torrent client

Raspberry Pi not vulnerable for spectre and meltdown. Feelsgood.jpeg

Add more lists if you want more blocks. Check your recent forwards and see if you find anything suspicious. I found that my TV was repeatedly contacting "log-ingestion-eu.samsungacr.com", so I blocked it.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING 64 BIT VERSION FUCK YOU

Automated my snake enclosure.
>5 temp sensors. One for water, one for each corner
>Air and water heaters tied to outlet controlled for time of day and independent temps
>Fogger on timer. Considering investing in digital hygrometer
>Also debating on installing a camera to run on a vlc server so I can monitor shedding and activity

I have another running retropi. Other than that they're pretty useless.

>Raspbian
>Chrome with adobe flash preinstalled
Enjoy your botnet backdoors.

Minera for BTC mining with a couple of Gekkoscience and LibreElec for watching movies and tv at my dorm

got a pi0 used as a lazy smb and ssh server and a pi2 that has retropie on it

if I boot the pi0 into X, it's using WindowMaker
can post on Sup Forums with fucking Midori, but it's a pile of shit (a long time ago, I could use Firefox really slowly, but any remotely recent firefox version might as well not even start up)
would probably be useful as some kind of desktop machine if it had video acceleration while running X and modern browsers weren't so fucking fat
pretty sure the captcha hates me because even if I get it first try on the pi, it still makes me do another before posting

it should work

>actually running a mining software instead of using boinc to earn gridcoin

Retropie.

>using boinc to earn gridcoin

this

not saying it's useless, just that uBlock already does a lot

How good is this distro?

I made this sometime last year desu managed to squeeze a pi zero into a gameboy colour case I know it looks a bit aids but it was hard to squeeze the screen in there and all I had to tidy up the case was a knife. Worked great until the screen got broken in my backpack. Only thing I didn't do was sound but this was my first pi project it was fun to make

imgur.com/a/9tEZF

dietpi.com/#features

- Web scrapers
- Steam trading card idle
- Torrent seedbox
- VPN

Trying it out now. I'm just looking for an easy way to play videos from a browser on my Pi 3

At least you got it working. You can just buy a new cheap housing and try installing it again.

How to install a browser on dietpi?

>What are you faggots working on?
I bought a pi 3, and turned into a spi flasher for a few thinkpads. Now it lives in a box.
I'd turn it into a retro pi, a media pc, or nas if other hardware didn't make more sense to use.
Tfw it's actually cheaper to buy a more powerful/capable old phenom 2 pc, or old i-core slim pc than it is to fuck around with a raspberry pi.

Question:
If I set up a Pi 3 with a Altitude, temp, speed, and a camera; how fast could it react from each sensor?

I want to make a mini computer to monitor conditions mid flight of a Model rocket.
Meaning it would need to gather data 20-30 times in 3 seconds.

I use a large computer monitor as my TV, which also means I have no remote to control the volume, which gets annoying sometimes.

I'm considering using an rpi or arduino with an IR sensor to capture a signal, and then somehow hack into the OSD of the monitor to change the volume.

>What are you faggots working on?
I'm shitposting from one right now, Pi 2 running Rasbpian 8. It also does my torrents and Sup Forums archiving. Want to try writing a chat application.

Compile it yourself :^)

Sounds like a project for an esp8266

Or just listen for the fucking doorbell.

>You'll spend less time staring at the command line, and more time enjoying DietPi.
B-But I like staring at the command line! How else will I not get anything done and pretend that I'm an 31337 hax0r?

I lost some my hearing in the 'nam you fucking asshole. Is this what I came home to? Where's my parade you CIA niggers?

What do you need web scrapers for?

Hows the ASUS Tinkerboard.

Been looking for something with lots of GPU power and this seems to be it

I'm curious on this as well.

Where do you find this? I need it.

>Best pi projects are things laptops can't do.
like what, exactly?

here

I'm pretty sold on the tinkerboard: youtube.com/watch?v=8qBxi6Q4XlY

though I want to install archlinux on it and it seems like theres some hoops to jump through but all is pretty good

I'm playing around with making a micro pc running arch and i3 to play with networks and shitpost on the go.

Speaking of, how do you get a pi to automatically connect to a bluetooth keyboard on boot/coming out of sleep? I've done a lot of looking online but I haven't managed to find a solution online that works for my setup, I'd appreciate one of you guys pointing me in the right direction

just did a semester of comp physics on a pi. got a lot of shit for it.

There are better boards than this.
Faster.
Better.
Stronger.

Sharing is caring you know.

but none with the same caliber of support and community

nah thats the only way the screen could fit in there and I didn't wanna use a smaller one there really isn't a lot of room and I trimmed down the PCB as much as possible

>buy a pi zero to learn about usb client
>while the only usb is in usb client mode, there no way to access it - no network
>try to solder a ENC28J60 but i suck at soldering and it do not works
>fuck it, i'll just install kodi for movies and games
>try to install a shitty add-no for emulators
>several hours later find that that addon is only for pi2 and pi3 - armv7
what i'm supposed to do with this piece of shit?
who else fell for pi meme?

RaspPi requires nonfree software to even boot, do not use.
I'm currently installing GuixSD on a BeagleBone Black.
Feels good man.

interesting, thanks.

It's
Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger

Do you want to mesure Airspeed or Groundspeed? I think airspeed Sensors are pretty expensive. Speed should not be the Problem but weight since you use it on a model rocket, i would use a Arduino nano or something similar.

the single usb port of the raspberry pi zero is a known limitation and is usually addressed either through buying the rpi zero wireless or as you've figured out through soldering a wireless module to it, if you had done a mere 5 minutes of research or asked literally anybody with a clue they would have told you that the zero would be a poor choice for your project and that if you wanted to tinker the original model b or a newer module would be more suitable
ps, running an emulator through kodi is fucking retarded, run rasbian and use a standard emulator that works with the original pi, there's probably hundreds of them, but try to realise that the zero only has a single core 1ghz processor and the newer models (2, but especially 3) are far more powerful
pps, you can get serial over uart through the gpio pins on the zero, you can even buy an adapter that has everything you need minus a serial cable - all you need to do is solder some headers to the gpio pins, I'm sure you can manage that

if you can't figure out what to do with a $5 single board linux computer it says more about you than it does the rpi

run dietpi-software and install Chromium

or use the command line

>the original model b or a newer module would be more suitable
other don't have a usb client

I was wondering if there was a way to hook up a camera to one and dial into it from your cellphone and watch. Is this possible??

I got dietpi installed and also xfce, chromium and kodi. The playback for youtube videos is quite shit in chromium browser and some of the news addons on kodi.

Is adding a heat sink worth it?

it is free though. I never had to pay anything to boot my raspberry (except of electricity)

Yes it's possible. Like watching a livestream on your phone. You just need a way to transfer data to your phone and render it. I don't know of any existing programs but it's 100% possible.

BeagleBone has no binary blobs? Why nobody told me that?

Run kodi on autostart, use the youtube addon, don't go over 1080p. You don't need a DE

Installed CentOS and create an Active Directory and DNS server for my Windows domain. Replaced power hogging Inter CPU.

Tricky but doable. Next I would like to remove the dependency on the microSD card. This thing get corrupted too easily for long term use and creating a reliable backup is a pain.

yo this is cool post pics of snake (animal)

is there a precompiled gentoo image for arm6?

Used it to run a spam bot but now it is banned

what now

This.
please do this. the screen looks horrible that way.

Get kodi-fb and run in framebuffer. You dont need more.

How do I power my Pi3 from an externally powered HDD with enclosure? Would rather avoid USB power splitters.

Hey guys I have got a b+ running as a server but need something beefier to run some speech to text assistant software. Should I get RPI3 or maybe a Bannana Pi? Also are bannana pis okay for simple things like webservers?

my 7 year old computer is faster than your cluster

but your 7 year old computer isn't CUTE

the only real use they would have had for me is to run a low power NAS, but the networking interface is fucking trash and wont even achieve 10/100 properly.

>low power NAS
After messing with this for years I decided to get a Synology NAS. Sure it's more expensive but it's low power and very reliable.

Yes, you can use any generic monitor with HDMI or other interface.

uBlock blocks before pihole? How is that even possible?

Are heat sinks a meme?

Good boot loader, more than twice as fast as Raspberry Pi 3. I run it with custom built Armbian.

Using my pi zero w as a NAS/ftp server.

Tell me about it...

These are the lists i use

# default
raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts
mirror1.malwaredomains.com/files/justdomains
sysctl.org/cameleon/hosts
zeustracker.abuse.ch/blocklist.php?download=domainblocklist
s3.amazonaws.com/lists.disconnect.me/simple_tracking.txt
s3.amazonaws.com/lists.disconnect.me/simple_ad.txt
hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt

#custom
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
raw.githubusercontent.com/sononum/abloprox/master/adservers.txt
pgl.yoyo.org/as/serverlist.php?showintro=0;hostformat=hosts
easylist.to/easylist/easylist.txt
pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?showintro=0;hostformat=hosts

easylist.to/easylist/fanboy-social.txt

easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/fanboy-annoyance.txt
fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-antifacebook.txt
fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-cookiemonster.txt
adaway.org/hosts.txt
hostsfile.org/Downloads/hosts.txt

forgot pic

Fuck. Now I'm gonna have to go block my Samsung TV. I never out that together when I started getting warranty letters from them.

I've never gotten into electronics, and I don't own a soldering iron. Can I get by without, at least for prototyping? Am interested in learning, but wondering how far my budget will get me, and I'd like to avoid purchasing unnecessary components, tools, and supplies.

nice snek!

I suppose I'll ask here, since it's a bit similar. I have a VPS at the moment it's running pi-hole and it's doing that quite well. Are there any other things I could do?

Running a PiHole with these lists added
wally3k.github.io/
whitelist as needed

It's absolutely mental, how often Samsung telecvisions phone home. That domain is just 1 out of 7:

cdn.samsungcloudsolution.com
notice.samsungcloudsolution.com
noticecdn.samsungcloudsolution.com
osb.samsungqbe.com
otn.samsungcloudcdn.com
www.samsungotn.net
ypu.samsungelectronics.com

add those and you should be in the clear

What do you plan on doing with it? If you just plan on coding/installing programs then you're fine