/img/ - Intel Meltdown General

Intel Meltdown thread

I just bought a 1700.

PNG version in case someone wants to make it bigger and add stuff to it: chiru.no/u/intel_collage.png

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SqbNWCehbmU
youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/amazon_ec2_intel_meltdown_performance_hit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cant wait for india to become a super power

This thread is anti-semitic

Hey guys i just got a fresh new I5 family cpu what's going on here?

Intel is literally Israeli.

Brian Krzanich is literally a Jew.

All of this shit is subversive Jewish backdoors.

What OS do the Jews use? ShlomOS, Gnuberg, Temple 3, linux?

It's not surprising to see Sup Forums latching on to overblown news.

Is this going to affect multiplayer servers on video games at all? No idea what that sized machine looks like but would be a shitty side effect if any are built around Intel.

>if it hurts my feelings, it must be Sup Forums

kek

Who AMD non-Zionism master race here?

We must make this event conform to nazi ideals such that we can subvert Sup Forums to our glorious struggle!!!

amd doesn't have the 30% performance loss that intel has
all intel cpus since 1995 are affected
no amd cpus are affected from meltdown
spectre bugfix is a regular non-intrusive bugfix

So how the fuck do I patch against this shit? I'm on windows 10 ltsb and after installing the latest update some tool still says I'm vulnerable. The other thread says that it has to be manually enabled, but there were still people who are vulnerable after performing the registry voodoo magic. Then someone said that you actually need a patch from your hardware vendor.

Why is there no clear way to patch against this? Does antivirus break the patch? Which antivirus and how? Does the patch need to be manually enabled? How many patches do we need? When can we expect them to get released?

JUST REPORTED ON NBC NIGHTLY NEWS

NORMIES OFFICIALLY KNOW

INTEL IS FINISHED RIP

Post your comfy Ryzen builds.

So how much of a performance hit am I expected to take on a i7 7700k? Can't find any info on this anywhere, every site just says "If your CPU is newer, expect a small hit" What the fuck is the definition of small? 10%? 5%? 1%?

youtu.be/SqbNWCehbmU

AidsMD is so sad right now, lieing about nvidia , and the shill pcbg that says avoid intel... why not avoid nvidia too you faggots and listen to your own propaganda

Is Windows 10 as bad as everyone says? I have Enterprise torrented and I'm currently saving all my stuff onto my hard drive that I want to keep. I've had Windows 7 for seven years and kind of want to at least try Windows 10.

I'd switch to linux but ARMA 3.

It requires more work than Windows 7 to get the OS to leave you alone so you can get work done or play vidya. Don't upgrade until you have to.

Gosh darn it. I've read it's better for gaming, though, which is why I'm looking into it in the first place.

Jewtel fags on suicide watch
>bbbut amd is affected too!
jewtel fags enjoy your premium priced shit chip or not net, whatever you prefer

>MFW roughly 70% of pics which I made landed in OP's collage

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

Happy feelings thread :^)
Good work !

>slow ram
ouch

Here's some more, famalams:

you are missing that this is probably quad channel ram so 4x 1064 MHz = 4256 MHz with CL15 Low Latency

Also add this, naturally:

No it's the antisemitism.

>don't go on Sup Forums for five days
>come back to this
What's going on?

Intel fucked up again

your tears are delicious intlet

...there's also Spectre...

>Can someone give me a quick rundown/summary?
Intel has a massive security bug affecting everything they shitted out in last 10 years.
AMD is absolutely flawless, completely unaffected.
Security patches got released. Security """""(((patches)))""""" create performance drop anywhere from 30% to 67%.
Patch affects syscalls directly.
Nvidia's video cards don't have internal syscall module and heavily rely on external syscalls from OS, thus potentially making nVidia cards susceptible to performance drops and being essentially compromised even if paired with an AMD CPU. Alas, this was not proven nor refuted thus far, We will see soon.
If paired with Intel CPU, however, nVidia GPUs get a 100% confirmed performance drop.
AMD is absolutely flawless, unaffected on neither the security of CPUs or performance of CPUs and GPUs. Radeon GPUs are absolutely not affected by syscall performance drops because Radeons had an internal integrated syscall module as far back as GCN 1.1, nVidia, however, deliberately got rid of them since GTX 5xx days.
Worst combination of hardware EVER starting from this point on - Intel CPU + Nvidia GPU.
Fine, but potentially compromised combination of hardware - AMD CPU + nVidia GPU (compromising is purely on nVidia's side if it ever happens, as AMD is absolutely flawless).
Absolutely flawless, impenetrable, invulnerable combination - AMD CPU + AMD GPU.
Brian Krzchanich sold several millions of Intel's stock several days before this was found out, while Intel's board of directors fully knew what was happening.
Covfefe Lake was released even though Intel already knew it was affected.
Each and EVERY Intel processor released in the last 10 years is affected.
Even if AMD encounters some future attempts at bypassing it's absolutely flawless SEV protection system, any and all potential holes can be fixed easily on software level.
Intel's holes are hardware and cannot be fixed fully.

My nigga.

>3.7GHz
Nigger, what the fuck? Like, come on.

Bugger.
I fear for my poor i5 Latitude.
Do I have to install the patch?

(you)

You don't have to. But then you're bare naked to attacks from all over. It's for you to decide how to be cucked over...or not, if you move AMD.

>AMD faggots can overclock every CPU, no matter what suffix it has

Alright gents, I know there must've been a billion threads on the subject already but will you answer a brainlets question? Here are my specs, can I switch from an Intel to an AMD processor without completely fucking my computer up? I don't have much money to spend but I think I can shell out a couple extra bucks for a good processor? Yes I know my specs must be outdated but its all I have right now

I just got it very recently, so I'd much rather not have to replace it if possible.
Are there any laptops on par with ThinkPads and Latitudes that use AMD processors?

t. redteam+ shill

JUST

I've had it up over 4 on the Enermax TR360 AIO

A life's lesson - never fall in to kike trickery and never buy from dirty Jews ever again. You'll know better now.

>Are there any laptops on par with ThinkPads and Latitudes that use AMD processors?
Soon. Wait for after CES. First Zen APUs are almost at the door.

what would be the equivalent to an i5 7500? processing and TDP wise.

got the urge to start a thread for this, but, kinda lazy and since this is the general.
Don't you think youtubers a bit too quiet about this all?

those retards all jumped to conclusions on every single big topic I can remember from the last 2 years, with breaking news style of vids, but now, they're all leaving it for their talk shows or not even bothering.

There are which I know never make these kinds of rushed videos, no matter what, level1tech and adoredtv, but all of the others like paulshardware, bitwit, joker, and people in their circle jerk have never failed before on topics like radeon power gate, nvidia 3.5gb meme.

1500X. Not equivalent, better.

They're all over Logan Paul right now.

heavy (or mid) hitters that mentioned it so far
hardware unboxed
jayz
gamers nexus
adoretv, but en passant, simply acknowledging it
pcper coincided with their talk show, so it was kinda unavoidable

doesn't that list feel a bit empty, given the impact of these news?

So Sup Forums looking for a new processor build. preferably 4 cores or more.

What's a good one?

I recall seeing techyescity thumbnail rec'ed with this topic, but I can't stand him on a personal level, don't even know for whom he shills.

Post more photos of JUSTnich with hair

1200 if homeless bum, 1400X if starving student, 1500X if jobless, 1600X if cheapskate.

idiots AMD got the patch anyways so they get lower performance also

How about my Ivy-E and R9 machine?

You'll need an R5 1600 or R7 1700, B350 or X370 motherboard, DDR4 RAM, and an SSD.

You basically need to build a new pc. New mobo, ddr4.

You'll have to buy a new windows license too if you change your motherboard.

How protected am I if i use Tails SO?

dude it is a hw bug. OS is not important.

>yfw the goyim ruin everything

I didn't understand what you said.

are you possibly from the jewish community/culture?

>tfw you've been an amd fanboy since my phenon 955

it's a hardware bug. All OS is affected in some way. And Tails OS is based on Linux so if it's not using most recent Linux version, then it's affected.

lmao

dollar fags on suicide watch

I have a really really old i7 and I'm scared about Vladimir and friends breaking into my computer and getting all my passwords stolen.
Realistically, how likely is it that this could happen? I have no money for new parts or let alone a new computer. Consider I use it only for normie shit.

Just patch and you'll be fine.

What about the slowdown memes?

what do you use your PC for?
You will only be affected by operations with loads of syscalls.

As far as I've recollected from here, the patch can't even be enabled if the mobo's BIOS isn't updated first to make it able to adapt and enable it.
I do have the patch but Silverlight says the mitigation isn't enabled because it's not compatible with the hardware. The funny part is my mobo is also Intel and I want to die.

I'm not this guy , but I have the same problem with my laptop. I basically just use it for photoshop, and general stuff like web browsing, music, movies, etc., and maybe Steam if I'm away from home with it.

hey Sup Forums

As a normiefaggot with a macbook who uses bootcamp to play games

Do i have to install the windows10 security patch? I already got 10.13.2 macOS

It begins. theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/amazon_ec2_intel_meltdown_performance_hit/

>Some Amazon AWS customers have complained of noticeable slowdowns on their cloud server instances – following the deployment of a security patch to counter the Intel processor design flaw dubbed Meltdown.

Reminder.

>2007

Fucking YES!!!!!

As someone who hates Amazon and Jeff "Hillary Clinton" Bezos, I would gladly let him cum inside my ass if he replaced all AWS hardware with AMD Epyc

nigga you need a fucking firmware/BIOS update

Fuck Intel and fuck jewish people.

Obviously. Bootcamp is just a BIOS for babies, your mac behaves 100% like any other windows laptop if you boot windows.

>tfw no more bios updates for my Intel-infected mobo

>all Intel processors since 1995 are affected.

>mfw waiting for the next Security Now podcast

>not baking a new BIOS update with the microcode update yourself
git gud!
Seriously though, i don't get why intel can't release the microcode update via windows update, like they usually do.

dammit user give it to me in straight english

I'm sure this is what other user meant.

Thanks anons.

in ryzen we trust