He was right all along

He was right all along.

yeah, a broken watch is also right twice a day.

lol

Source?

A broken digital watch is wrong all the time.

Nice

Daily reminder than Terry is missing and mia we need to locate him... hasn't been seen since meltdown

Twitter

He is right 24/7.

virtual memory is useless. cpu fags should find another way to implement memory protection.

>terry knew
>(((they))) shut him down

Virtual memory and implicit speculation isn't the same thing though. VM also makes things easier.

it was relevant in the muh 512 mb ram era. Tell me why is it used now other then memory protection?

Physical addresses can be awkward to manipulate, especially on 32-bit systems, requiring 36-bit numbers, or even larger ones.

>the templeOS guy

Missing AND missing in action? Shit get on it

He means Fred Davidson.

Well, how would you run multiple processes while avoiding physical memory address collisions?

If only there was some kind of chip or PORTION of a chip that would manage, or maybe, CONTROL memory allocation...

Some kind of Memory Controller...

Huh, that... would... be... so... cool...

maybe it's time for a big change in the architecture

>multiple cpus single memory
>all those memory barriers and shit

Maybe it would be cool if someone came up with a new idea but maybe no one ever will. I think that virtual memory is a pretty nice abstraction over the underlying hardware.

Terry did meltdown

Of course he was, he was instructed by God.

MIMD is pretty shit for anything but vectors though. Much of the advantage of multicore processors comes from compiled instruction-level parallelism that relies heavily on processors being able to efficiently communicate with each other.

So should I turn off virtual memory for my OS?

No, you should just turn off your OS.

lol, that hit me the same way, user.

Terry knew that all Intel users are CIA nigger cattle. HE WARNED US

WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED

I see this retarded phrase used more and more used pretty much exclusively to dismiss people who were right so it doesn't have to be admitted that they were right and you were wrong
It's such a 'sore loser' thing to say