If you're still on Windows, why are you doing this to yourself?

If you're still on Windows, why are you doing this to yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i like it.
if you can link me something better plz do

distrowatch.com/

Because i'm a manchild that likes playing video games

I'm not doing it to meself, I'm doing it to my computer.

non of my weeb games work on linux plz link something better

Because it werkz

It's free. Seriously. You can just download Windows 10 Enterprise (even LTSB) from Microsoft's site.

At least it doesn't gimp AMD CPUs for the meltdown patch

muh games

you can only download evaluation versions of enterprise

You can download a linux distro for free too.

im a gaymer

It just werks.

but linux is bad

no

you got some facts to back up that no?

What software do you need to use?

i spent over a decade trying to skirt microsofts bullshit

it's not worth the effort anymore. let me be assimilated. i am a data point

games

winehq.org

Which games?

so instead of using windows i should emulate it? sounds great

at the moment i'm playing the Hyperdimension series

Wine is not an emulator, that's literally what the letters stand for.
With most windows games you can run fine with wine

>emulate
W I N E
Is
Not
Emulator

Any good IDEs for C++ / Python / Game dev for Linux? I really liked Visual Studio. It's the only thing I'm struggling with.

Also how do you download Windows Steam games so you can run it with WINE?

You have a serious mental illness

i don't see that as a problem, i'm sitting on a linux shit hole board defending windows, do you think i'm a normal man

If you like Visual Studio, maybe you should try Visual Studio Code.

Minimalism ftw.
Though I have my doubts about that wallpaper.

I like the attention.

What other thing you like to do on your computer?

Not them, but the games I play on the daily are Overwatch, Battlefield 1 and 4, various Call of Duty titles, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die, Dark Souls III, and The Long Dark. I doubt any of these would even get to the main menu on a Linux distro.
I've also got well over 100 other games and I doubt half of them would boot on Linux.

This is why I sell my soul to Bill Gates.

it has native directx 9

so like it just nags you after that like in 7?

What about a console?

but didn't directX 12 lack any gaymes? what's the point of buttfucking yourself with 10 if really just need 8.1 or 7

Programs that only run on windows, basically. I use windows 7 tho, and I do not plan on "upgrading" it.
I'm thinking about getting an extra HD to put some linux on (ubuntu?), but it's not something I'll do asap.

this may become big in the coming weeks as the infamous 30% unfoldment continues

I'm not either, usually I have a solid color background, but the other day some user posted a github with a collection of old Windows tiled wallpaper and I found it hilarious so I had to try one out
I do enjoy that shade of green quite a bit though

Last time I tried to install Debian I read on the official website something in the line of "Debian has no UEFI support, most users usually virtualize it anyway". And so I quit.

Now there is UEFI support afaik and I con't find that message anymore. Once my computer is old enough I'll switch (It came with windows, I use what I paid for, even if I don't want it!)

Wouldn't consider a console for a second.
I absolutely hate controllers after using KB+M for gaming for so long. I'm also very accustomed to high framerates and good visuals. Gaming on PC has spoiled me.

Besides, Sony and Nintendo are for faggots and Microsoft owns Xbox. Pretty much defeating the whole point.

The main reason for me is because I actually prefer the UI that Windows 10 has.
Just had to debloat it and run several PowerShell scripts to de-botnet it. Werks with no issues after you do that.
>inb4 you shouldn't have to do that in the first place

Use Ubuntu, faggot.

I don't even play games, use mostly free software that's available on Loonix, and I still refuse to use Linux because it's SHIT.

>de-botnet it.
last i knew you couldn't really do that

windows runs well, linux runs like shit, mac runs ok but is for grannies and babies

I enjoy using my computer without screen tearing.

Fucking windows 7 you goober

R-rude

cause I started with DOS, then 3.1, 95, 98, XP, Vista, 8.1 and now 10, I actually have to use Office so I can do my job. I never had bigger issues with the OS , apart from when I fucked something up, unlike every time I tried linux, there was always something not running properly. Tracking, telemtry, all that jazz? Look around you. You're tracked even while you're on the shitter. And its not, I've got nothing to hide mentality. Its just pure reality. You like Linux, works good for you? Go ahead, use it. Stop shoveling it down everyones throat.

Tablet mode and windows ink

Also gaymes and office

I tend to not use Windows all that much anymore despite that Botnet 10 is on my T420 ChinkPad's main SSD and rocking Manjaro on my secondary SSD in the caddy I always boot into Manjaro instead of Win shit Botnet 10

>I actually have to use Office
no you don't, enjoy being microsoft's bitch

muh games™

>If you're still on Windows, why are you doing this to yourself?

what the fuck is supposed to mean?

1. the windows desktop is fast and snappy even on old hardware
2. everything has windows driver and is supported
3. the kernel is great and never crashes
4. gayms
5. i don't mind botnet, but I have disabled it with tools that there are out there ( no more windows updates tho )
6. It just works, I don't need to stop and waste hours configuring shits, My current installation is 14+ months old, works perfectly fine

How did you disable windows update..?

group policies, ip blocks, disabled services

I thought the updates turned themselves on after a while though.

only if you disable them from the user control panel.

if you hard disable them, they'll stay off forever

wew
really made me think

>I actually have to use Office so I can do my job
lel your job sucks

>install a specific update you want
>it defaults all your group policy settings and resets all your registry settings

Any faggot using windows and browses Sup Forums needs to gtfo. You're literally proving you can't tech for the life of you.

Windows is the least bad desktop OS.

Trying to skirt around windows is a fucking waste unless all you do is browse the web and play casual games. I tried it all. Know how to disable and turn windows features off, bring it to a minimal and accept that they can still get the tip in, and carry on with your life.

Because I have a job.

/thread

The long dark has a native linux client

Nah. if you don't want to use Linux, at least use MacOS.

Justwerks

None of thesw run Kontak and another virtual instruments.

i like videogames

I didn't pay for 10.