Rust

How do you feel about Rust and its community?

Pic related.

C/C++ will boreber be be best brobraminb blanbuabe

Rust homosexuals will forever be irrelevant

I know better than to trust image macros which don't even provide their sources.

You are mentally unfit soyboy. Keep picking the blue pill. You will be on the losing side on the day of the rope. Your only hope is to lurk Sup Forums for 3-5 months.

You'll notice that barely a small handful of these people actually contribute to the language in any meaningful way.

You alt-right babies ignore the search for the truth. You shut your ears and close your eyes and yell as loudly as possible until the only voice you can hear is your own. Not only do you reject any sort of information that does not comply with your own, you brazenly suggest that others do the same. You people make me fucking sick. Get the fuck off my board.

I'd rather use a language for its utility rather than be afraid of its community.

Rust is a good language and I've been having fun using it. I don't need to involve myself with SJW affairs to continue doing what I need to do with it.

If they make their compiler(s) faster I might try it.
That's probably what the guys in OPs pic say.

>provide sources
>all deleted by now just like the recent faggotry with ashley williams

I don't care politics opinions of Steve.
Steve is everything is wrong on community rust.

Steve never build or care about software developer just come as cult follow "rust is the best in everything" on everything forum tried win argument why rust is better, putting "safe" has magic dust will solve every single problem, avoid any real world case to found most theorical shit.

Steve is like neckbeard,autist,comic fan,atheist,Apple fanboy and vegan combine for shill rust language.

Identity politics of any kind should never, ever be intertwined with programming. It only results in cancerous spewage.

>Steve is like neckbeard,autist,comic fan,atheist,Apple fanboy and vegan combine for shill rust language.
That was eery specific so it was probably projection.

sounds a lot like leftists desu

This is too retarded to be bait, the ones that hate the truth and the ones that call simple facts has "hate speech" are the mental ill lefties, they are not the future, is a illness that is going to end, soon or late, your kind is not welcome here, get the fuck out

>I don't need to involve myself with SJW affairs to continue doing what I need to do with it.
no worries m8, as soon as you happen to be in the way of someone in the power group, they'll get you involved
>If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged
and all that. CoCs help that even more

alt-left, to be precise
there's cunts on both sides of that spectrum (inb4 dae horshoe lel)
and there's the neutrals, some of which help the cunts by indifference, some by inaction due to fear, some which try to minimize the fuckery
a part of politics is the distilled essence of what we love to deny - at our core we're still animals, and there's still a power struggle to be fought. PC cuntery is just another tool for it, useful idiots included

They're very obnoxious.

Even if you take the politics and their Rust evangelism out of the equation, their community is still like a sect. They're dedicated to being friendly which means you must end every sentence with a smiley =) and act like you're talking to 5 year olds. You also have to pretend you care about strangers by saying "Wow, congrats :DDD" when some rando talks about xeir merged PR that removed the last gender-specific pronoun from the code base.

It's the plastic American friendliness at its peak. One that means nothing because no one actually means it and if they find a way to make you look bad they'll drop you like a hot potatoe.

What..? Maybe the subreddit is like that, but the rust programmers I've met in repos are just like any other group of programmers.

It seems like Rust tries to solve something that shouldn't really be an issue, but only is an issue because C++ sucks. It doesn't make memory optimizations better or easier (quite the opposite), provides limited debugging tools and restricts many common practices in name of "resource safety". Yet another language that targets C++ replacement in areas where C++ strengths aren't really needed, not a general C++ replacement.

If C++ sucks and Rust is too restrictive, what do you suggest we use instead? I really wish there were more manual memory management languages as options, but there aren't.

D is easy C++ improvement
Jai is what I'm really looking forward, but it's closed 2 man (maybe more) project for now