Is Manjaro really that ill-reputable?

I've heard stories about major bugs and how it wrecked some people's system and they lost data, because the developers were careless.

I tried Manjaro out on an USB and I really liked it, it's very sleek and beautiful, but I'm concerned about the safety of my data and system. I'd like to hear a bit more from you guys on this matter, whether it's wise to using it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/okina/configuration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I've heard stories about major bugs and how it wrecked some people's system and they lost data, because the developers were careless

Context? Where did you read/hear that?

here on Sup Forums one guy said how he updated his manjaro, and because some command or something was incorrect in the update, Manjaro wiped his data and the system became unusable

It's managed by people who know (((nothing))) about security. Even it's logo is stolen. It's a joke. Get rid of it.

How the fuck is it a stolen logo? I thought it was just the NiN logo inverted or some shit?

That's how. Rotated NiN logo.

If your concern is stability and security manjaro probably isn't the best distro for you.

Well I've been using it for a few months and it's pretty good so far. Haven't had any issues.

I shilled this poop like a madman when it first came out. I would like to apologize to anyone I may have mislead. Seriously, Manjaro is shit. Unstable, mismanaged, shit. Just go with Antergos and grab the config files for Manjaro off of Github, if you're hell-bent on having it look like Manjaro.

You might as well use Arch instead of this ill-bred bastard of a distro

This, Arch is more stable than Manjaro. They'd be better off if the retard devs kept their filthy paws off of things and simply packaged a riced version of Arch.

Manjaro was my first distro man. Good memories but i had to move on to a REAL distro like debian.

Install NixOS.

Is it worse than Mint?

No reason to install it since Antergos exists.

>Manjaro

APOLOGIZE

I know enough about computers to want to use NixOS but im enough of a linux novice to be unsure about running it as my main pc... any good guides on this?

yeah it's not the most stable disto, but it's perfectly fine, i've been using manjaro/xfce for months and it's perfectly fine

It's really really stable. It's also really simple once you understand what's going on.

Go to this repository and read spoon.feed: gitgud.io/okina/configuration

Also, if you fuck up and can't boot into it, just remount everything on a live disk, fix it, then rerun nixos-install.

If you really want a just works™ distro

just go with ubuntu and install kde plasma 5

>ubuntu
>just works
nixos is way more stable fampai.

At one point, Mankato stopped working with WiFi and the USB ports disabled, so there was no way to recover my data and I had to switch to Archlabs. RIP my data
>Inb4 use ethernet. I don't have ethernet.

Manjaro is a piece of shit trash distro. They freeze their repos from upstream Arch for, like, 2 FUCKING weeks. They say they do that for "stability reasons" and that's a FAT LIE, they don't test jack shit, they just freeze package at random times. Sometimes they freeze software coming from the bleeding edge of Arch that turns out to be broken, on Arch that's not a problem, as they will promptly update the broken packages, on Manjaro GOOD FUCKING LUCK, you are stuck with that broken shit until the next batch of updates.

Also there is the AUR problem, sometimes you need something that is not on the official repos so you go get in the AUR, the problem is that because of the package freezing sometimes the packages you try to install are dependent on newer package that are on the Arch repos but not Manjaro's. In conclusion, you can't use the AUR with Manjaro.

There are also some mild annoyances: The edgelord-tier default theming, the bloated Live ISO (that somehow doesn't even include FUCKING git, like holy shit and Arch based distro that doesn't come with git, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE FRENCHIES).

FUCK MANJARO.
FUCK THE "DEVS".
FUCK FRANCE.

*Manjaro. Autocorrect.

>FUCK FRANCE
this tbph

alright so what im going to tell you is shocking, kubuntu can look exactly the same as manjaro given both run the same fucking DE

>some guy on Sup Forums
There's your problem. Most of Sup Forums is highschoolers from Sup Forums or neet ricers who don't know shit about distro maintenance. The few anons whose posts are worth reading don't participate in these kinds of threads.

Nix vs. Debian

What are pros and cons of each? I'm on Debian 9.3 and it's very stable.

I moved to nixos because it makes for a really good development distro- no need to pollute system/user profile with libraries, just use per-project config with nix-shell. If you're not a developer or maintainer, there's not much you gain with nixos and getting shit working there is sometimes pain because of the structure.

Just install NixOS. You'll like it.

You lose data with linux if YOU'RE careless.

You are ultimately in control of your system. With linux systems, you need to pay attention to what you're updating/upgrading. Else it can screw up your installs. Its not just Majaro, its every loonix.

Since its basically Arch for noobs, its a decent starter.

i've never posted here but thanks to a mismanaged repository an update was fucked, had to reinstall because it mixed up libraries

>>i moved to nixos
>just install nixos
???

I've been using it for 6 months or so.
Just werks.