Now that x86 is officially dead what processor architecture is everyone moving to?

Now that x86 is officially dead what processor architecture is everyone moving to?

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/a/groups.riscv.org/forum/#!topic/isa-dev/8ejNKIqFChw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperH
shrubbery.net/~heas/sun-feh-2_1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

x86-64

RISC-V whenever it becomes viable. Until then I'll stick to AMD64.

x86-16

OpenPower and Risc-V.

Can someone reccomend a SPARC workstation, not as a meme :^)

CELL

RISC-V for certain.

I've got a SiFive development board here. I could use that! It's definitely not vulnerable - but then, nor are Raspberry Pis for the same reason.

For higher-performance processors, they're having discussions about how to explicitly design the ISA to allow it safely from the start.
groups.google.com/a/groups.riscv.org/forum/#!topic/isa-dev/8ejNKIqFChw

I have an increasingly nagging feeling that some time in my life I'm going to build a computer from scratch for shits and giggles - if I do, it's going to be based on RISC-V, I'd like something microkernel based and I already know that bits that are going to really piss me off are things like the RAMDAC, the MMU and the other glue logic.

The other processor architectures are also affected by spectre and possibly meltdown.

motorola 6800

Hitachi SH3

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperH

x86-128

I'm not a intel fanboy but, x86 is still the fastest architecture on the planet, even if you set fire to every intel employee on the planet and destroy every intel chip.

Too much existing software, so unless someone comes up with a translation layer that can retain as much of the execution speed as native x86 as possible, we can move onto a better architecture. Hopefully something that's more open and more easily available to as many manufacturers as possible, and definitely not some bullshit that keeps changing its socket.

unironically this

AMD Ryzen

>x86 = intel

> Open Architecture
> Multiple organizations involved

Meltdown -> It affects Intel, not AMD.
Spectre on Intel -> Easily hackeable through Internet by a simple Javascript.
Spectre on AMD -> Direct Physical access is required to hack. You can not hack remotely.

Maybe some ridiculous ARM machine for my next build, but that's years off.

AVR
/thread

Are you genuinely fucking retarded? You are. You are genuinely fucking retarded. Holy shit go back.

Sup BK.

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Housefires, also vulnerable to Spectre and Meltdown.

In datacenter? Pretty much.

Apple A11. The fastest SoC. Slowdroids won't understand.

Yes, but the question was which comes next.
I think an open architecture would be a great benefit for security and may even performance.

>fastest
The Power processors on the Xbox 360 and PS3 where monsters and the last Power Macs had CPUs that still hold for tasks of today.

>I think an open architecture would be a great benefit for security
No, since the current vulnerabilities are ISA-agnostic, they exploit the inner working of any OoOE processor.
>and may even performance.
How the fuck freetardation would deliver more performance? Well, expect for housefire route of OpenPOWER.

Not really.
They were very good at floating point performance, but any sort of real world load fucked with em hard due being quite bad at branch predicting in general.

Officially confirmed to be vulnerable.

Soy-86

lmao

Lisp machines.

Spectre applies to any cpu that uses branch prediction in combination with speculative executing.
Pretty much all modern consumer CPUs use these technologies

shrubbery.net/~heas/sun-feh-2_1/
figure it out nigger

>when you filter all of the dumb amd/intel shill wojakposters shitting up your serious discussions

raspberry pi

nice casio fanboy

PowerPC

WASM

How about those 5.1GHz SPARCs? Even if they aren't as optimized, the sheer frequency should give decent single thread performance.

If i was not clear with the whole "burning all the jews", i'm on the other side of the x86 fence.

There's no non x86 CPU on the planet that can face a Ryzen and get out alive.

And probably there won't be a x86 CPU that will get to Ryzen 2.

You can clock x86 CPUs that high as well and probably use less power.

Yeah, but they have 32 cores, 256 threads at 5GHz. The power consumption is probably monstrous though.

Quite impressive.

Its real power is in hardware Java and SQL acceleration though. Tailored for enterprise applications.

The indian thunder.

And still nothing more than $50,000 PeeCees with a shiny new sticker on the front, a housefire under the hood and the same old RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu on the disks (sold separately) that a second-hand $4,000 PowerEdge will rape up and down.

We did it Reddit!

Lads!

Intel is Based as our Based Black Men.

An Upvote for you Magapedes!

Jews are our best Allies!

Praise Kekistan!

#Save_Intel #Civic_Nationalism

I bet you're one of those apple fanboy idiots that keep posting that geekbench crap.

RMA yourself

Sparc, itanium, PowerPC....

I don't know CPU architectures, but have a bump for being anything other than a consumerism/tech support thread

>itanium

Here we go again...