Are turntables technology?

Are turntables technology?

Yes. This thread would belong on Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

I have one my self. A Victrola Modern 3 speed. I'm thinking that one day, I'll buy a U-Turn Orbit or something better, but this one works.

Only if you can install gentoo with a vinyl

i dumped one of my technics onto the normalfags at guitar center to put straight into crypto. they wouldn't take the other one since the pop up light was burned out, fucking faggots.

Yes, but a surpassed form of technology.

lp120 the best one to start out with?

Good beginner turntables? best place for info on this? confsed on RPMs, headphone jacks, compatibility, quality etc

get an old used technics

You can probably use Vinyl to store data and build a custom machine to copy all the data off Vinyl to install Gentoo for you, but it would be slow as shit. You would need a massive vinyl or multiple vinyl. I did a google search and found out that a LP could store 15MB of data.

Technics SL1200

holy fuck these are cheap, thanks dude

you're gonna be ripping it open a lot that's why

Could you, theoretically, create a system in where you hook up a record player to your computer, and by playing a record with encoded data, you could install a program onto your computer?

what does this mean friend

Seems sort of anti-Sup Forums aka ludditism. What analog music innovations have been made in the last decade?

>what does this mean friend
better have a philips screwdriver and lots of free time

Maybe a small one. Convert the waveform to like binary if it passes a certain amplitude. idk

maybe using DTMF tones, or something like that screeching shite that my old spectrum zx did when running things from a tape cassette. Would have to be small though.

sl-02 here. its like 30yrs old and never broke.

Congratulations, you've rediscovered Flexidiscs - which could be included on the front cover of a computer magazine and loaded just like tape audio was into one of the 8-bit micros that supported tape loading systems.

It was crap, but a lot of forgotten 8-bit stuff was crap.

CDs are actually amazing for tape loading systems, by the way. Even the venerable and incredibly unreliable ORIC-1 suddenly gets reliable when fed perfect digital audio, and you can even do fastloads on it.

1200s are the decks that pretty much every DJ who span vinyl had. It was the end of an era when they stopped making them.

They do have their quirks.

turntable with
>built in preamp
>headphone compatible
>usb/headphone jack
>doesnt break the bank

looking at denon dp-300f, does this need rca cables > line in > amp > headphones? would this work?

hello

Don't start out with an expensive one. You need to know what you look and why you would want an expensive one.

can the denon dp 300f be used with headphones

nah, for starters, do the lp60. Basic features, decent build, everything you'll need in a starter table. If you want a nice one right away, I suggest using Craigslist or Offerup to look for local tables people are selling and check out their specs and features online. Make sure they have the headshell and the cart w/ stylus