Let's see if Sup Forums is smart enough to fill in the blank

Let's see if Sup Forums is smart enough to fill in the blank.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/
gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GNU/Linux

gnu plus linux

Minix

Shit

Linux

systemd

UNIX ;)

Unix

Unix Like

UNIX-like

Your first two are wrong anyways. OS family for Windows is NT and OS X is UNIX-like. OS X uses the XNU kenrel derived from the Mach kernel, an is mostly POSIX compliant, despite being certified, because it's shit.

this desu

No

OS Family: Unix-like

Unix-like

With your definition of OS family then GNU+Linux but with the actual definition then Unix-like

That chart is wrong:
Kernel: NT
Userland: Windows Platform
UI: Aero
OS Family: Windows

Kernel: Darwin
Userland: NS Object Macintosh Platform
UI: Aqua
OS Family: OSX

Kernel: Linux
Userland: GNU Coreutils
UI: Usually xorg with GTK, QT, GNUSTEP, ncurses, etc.
OS Family: POISX + XDG (Open Desktop Group, includes *BSD as well)

>UI: Aero
uh no
dwm.exe may be closer
isn't os family for windows dos?

>windows dos?
NT has a lot of DOS-ism but it's distinct from DOS.
NT is to DOS as Plan9 is to POSIX. The Windows platform libraries of course will run on just about any kernel.

GNU.

These systems work simply different. NT for example does much more things than other, for ex. unix-like kernels, which basically just manage system resources.
NT does window system, fonts and whatnot. Userland/kernel works only for Unix-like systems where these things are actually separate components.

or as i've recently taken to calling it,

UNIX minus POSIX compliance

>Kernel: Linux
>Userland: GNU Coreutils
fuck your gnu coreutils I use busybox

GNU is an operating system, not a userland. It simply happened that a variant of it using the kernel Linux became popular.

>Kernel: Linux
>Userland: GNU Coreutils
>fuck your gnu coreutils I use Android

>operating system, not a userland.
So when you rune WINE, you're running a second operating system?
No you faggot.

Emacs

gnu.org/
Educate yourself.

systemd

Fuck off faggot, the GNU coreutils do not make an operating system.

When you install portions of GNU on Windows or Mac or BSD, you don't suddenly have two operating systems on your computer.

You aren't as smart as you think you are.

Linux is POSIX Compliant

kek

Mac is a device. When you're smart enough, you can install GNU/Linux on it.

Potato
Why? Because your image is wrong

Where's the shell as defined in POSIX?

GAHNOO PLUS LOONIX

/thread

/bin/dash

But that's not linux, that's dash.

Correct answer

Dammit OP

ЖMУ/Пинyc

Just Linux.

Android.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Unix-Like

Гaнy плюc Линyкc

>плюc
It's pronounced плac, Vladimir.

is this pasta

gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html

Cмoтpитe и cмeйтecь нaд этим нeгpaмoтним хyecocoм

i'm not clicking that shit nigga

>you will never be a kawaii nipponese grill
why even live?

ЖMУ/Пинyc

>OSX