my acer v3-771 is the best laptop i've ever owned though

>lenovo
>trash tier
fuck off with your shit b8

>incompatible with ubuntu
>poor hardware
>screen flicker

i didnt know Linus made laptops, where can i get one

why is the paint mouse pointer in the picture, did you printscreen paint?

gyazo actually

X230.
/thread.

What's wrong with asus?

wtf are you talking about

What did he mean by this?

>incompatible with Ubuntu
Are you retarded or something?

He's probably referring to Ubuntu 17.10's recent brick woes which bricks various branded laptops and the BIOS rendering unbootable and useless leaving you with a paperweight. It affects Chink pads too

>lenovo
>not trash tier
>not filled with Chinese government malware

Good luck getting a security clearance if you have bought Lenovo hardware before.

>god tier
Apple
>poorfag tier
ThinkPad, Chromebook
>brainlet tier
literally anything else

HP, Dell and Lenovo have service manual nearly for all laptops. You can disassemble everything without ripping any ribbon cables, like I did several times during disassembly of Acer and ASUS laptops. Or screwing wrong screws...

So, those are not shit.

Shitty drivers (touchpad driver doesn't work, had to install driver from Lenovo...) , low-end laptops lack chassis strength badly.

maybe
lubuntu.me/downloads/
there was another notice just a few days ago, about chinkpads

>>god tier
>Apple
Never lold that hard

>MacBookAir

Shitties laptop ever.
Stock OS, lack of RAM slot and keyboard layout ruined it all.
Also thermals are quite jew furnace in fact.

Lenovo and Dell in trash tier complete bullshit go kill you self

>that tacky as fuck chrome theme
>wait fucking chrome?
>mactoddler
>xfce
>n00buntu
>ruskie

genuinely KYS

This

>Elder God Tier
Librebooted T400/X200

Easy dude he migt be a completely fucking idiot but
> go kill you self
for putting Lenovo and Dell in trash tier might be a little extreme

merge normie tier into trash, they are the same.

>that tacky as fuck chrome theme
And? I am too lazy to remove it.
>wait fucking chrome?
Yes, because I'm too lazy to remember passwords, so Google remember them. About privacy do not care much
>mactoddler
Was a 1100$ mistake. Before it I had Mac Mini 2010 - good machine for price. 600$ I believe... Selling is not an option, too expensive.
>xfce
Best DE. No gimmicks, easy to navigate around, looks not like riced shit.
>n00buntu
It had Broadcom WiFi driver bundled, my favorite Debian didn't had one, and I was too lazy to figure a way, how to add it to installer.
>ruskie
И чe бля? Haбить eбaлo, мyдaк? Ha peклaмy cнизy пocмoтpи, oнa нa иcпaнcкoм...
>genuinely KYS
Less jewish ruskie in IT - more pajeet in IT. You really want it?

lel how many loans did it take you to buy a 1000$ machine just to use an internet machine?

and
>being this fucking lazy

Quality control has taken a nosedive in recent years. Lots of DOA parts, and RMA is a bitch

And what the fuck? To hurt yourself, madak? look at the snowballs, she is on the Spanish ...

WTF
> Botnet translate at it's best

>lel how many loans did it take you to buy a 1000$
Zero.
> just to use an internet machine?
Core i5 can deliver, and HD5000 is not too bad. So not only internet machine.
>being this fucking lazy
Can't do anything about it.
I bought a new water tap and still not replaced old one, that was fixed with self-tapping screw.
And what (rudely, 'And what whore' literally)? Should I beat your fuck (face), asshole? Look on ads in the bottom, it is in Spanish.
By the way, sentence makes not much sense.

>Core i5 can deliver, and HD5000 is not too bad
yeah but you can't play vidya on a mac so what's the point
oh wait
you're a -god forbid- a 3Dfag?

also
>ads

Apple > Dell > Lenovo > Asus > Hp > Razer > Ayylienware > anything else

>mac above anything
>mactoddler

pfft
don't make me laugh
hehehehe
*inhales*
hahahah
*sniff*
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
Oh fuck
that was good
haha macs
macs
MACS
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
*inhales*
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
hoho oho my sides
god my sides hurt-AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
macs? MACS? AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
AHAHAHHA POINT AND LAUGH THEYRE MACFAGS
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

When someone mentions Apple as the best, you can skip the post without reading, they're sick.

Putting Razer and AlienWare above Lenovo. Come'on you gotta be able to bait better than that.

t.cant afford it

Fixed it

Swap Thinkpad and Apple.

Nice b8

Move Dell to God tier. They have excellent out of the box Linux compatibility.
Make trash tier a subset of Normie tier.

See

is a macbook pro 2012 good for 2018 for basic web and art stuff? Ive heard it holds up really well.

Lenovo belongs in trash tier. Every one of their laptops that I've owned has had horrendous build quality. I've never had a Thinkpad, though, and I hear that those are better.

Weird with all lenovo computers i have owned or worked with (2-3 one of them is a thinkpad) have been good quality, i have never had a bad experience with Dell and mixed with HP but mostly good and i have never owned or seen an System76, Purism or alpha laptop irl

This. Appletards are straight up mentally disabled.

>alienware above asus
Are you fucking stupid?

Where is prostar and other clevo/sager OEMs in this? better then overpriced razer and alienware but not as god tier due ti the fact that they dont come with linux

>laptops that come with no OS are worse than laptops that come with a previous windows license/cost

They also can ship with windows. I just got mine and it was literally just set up windows

Is this supposed to ironic ?
Stallman uses IBM (now Lenovo) Thinkpad and Torvalds uses Macbook.
On the other hand Jobs used computers made by his own company and even Gates is probably using a Surface Pro.

Wrong. Linus used Macintrash for 5 minutes before realizing like any other sane person that they're fruity toddler toys, and thus he gave them to his toddlers to play with.

>
>>incompatible with ubuntu
Literally a good thing

Alpha and System76 have great quality laptops. Except Alpha Litebook, which imho has bad build quality. But it works well anyway and it's good enough for under 300$.

here's a real question:
is there an AMD equipped laptop that has an open source bios replacement?

I like my G60. Works fine for me.

>tfw wanted to buy a raven ridge laptop since I really need a long battery life laptop so waited for CES for stuff to show up but nothing showed up so decided to get a qt system76 laptop but anything reasonable runs on intel
What do Sup Forums

OLPC

>we'll
this dude has got to be trolling

If you buy a Chromebook to use chrome os you're a fucking moron. Install Gallium on that shit and have your cheap Linux meme machine. Completely de-botnetted

Keep in mind that the reason those Chromebooks are so cheap are because you're the product, by taking that out of the equation, you're getting a premium build and feature packed shitpost machine that any poorfag can afford.

Probably a typo since he doesn't actually get any feedback from his macshit keyboard.

>being this retarded

How are the ones assembled by tuxedo computers?

CLEVO

They y510p was and still is the best Sup Forums power laptop.

Currently playing tabletop sim, on my system76 laptop :^)

screenfetch

Got the lemur model since it's the most aesthethic one.

The other ones looked autistic and purism is overpriced as shit, alienware tier overpriced.

Those new XPS 13s look sexy, but I'd rather have a dedicated GPU. Any idea when the new XPS15s will hit?

Are System76 laptops still shit or did they git gud recently?

I have one, why you think they are shit?

They are free as in freedom in their branding too, which is basically a sticker than you can take out and let your device be free.

Also even a normie can fucking upgade these machines following the brain dead instructions in their site on how to upgrade parts.

The only shit tier aspect is the webcam, but who cares.

Stop being autistic and just buy the CPU that performs best for you, instead of refusing to buy Intel cause of things that don't affect you?

>compromised hardware and architecture bugs don't affect me
Whatever you say, I'm not supporting this piece of shit company ever again

Swap Chromebook & Alienware with Lenovo & ASUS

sending this from my Lenovo Y50-70

Dont buy Lelnovo. My experience with this machine has been an absolutely awful ride.
>preinstalled malware
>malware in BIOS
>BIOS is encrypted
>hardware whitelist in BIOS so you cant just freely change parts like wireless cards
>awful GNU/Linux support

>AdBlock Plus
>doesn't even block ads
>Google Chrome

that's why you only buy T- & X-Series Lenovos

sensor TH0C is is at -127C jesus christ user what the hell are you cooling your laptop with

>Implying normie laptops r better than the rest of the shit.

Why the fuck didn't you buy a thinkpad?

Wasn't redpilled on Thinkpads at the time. What's a decent model?

what's your budget?

Let's call it $1500-$1750

Consider taking a look at this year's T, X, and P series Thinkpads. The T480 would be a pretty good all rounder.

Thank you user. The main reason I picked up my Y50 a couple years ago was so I could play vidya while I was in school, but I have no real need to game on a laptop anymore

Carbon X1 doesn't have an ethernet cable.

SHIT

I prefeer the old ones (before chicklet keyboard)
if you want one of them go with an X60/T60, X200 or X220

if you want newer models just go with the x1 carbon

or if you want a desktop replacement go with a W model

find more info on thinkpad general

mah nigga

i feel like i'm the only one who's never had a problem with hp laptops apart from bloatware, but if you're not reinstaliing the OS from day one then that's your fault

>normies using razer and alienware
I'll give you chromebooks but you really need some real life experience if you don't think normies are using everything in the bottom row

system76 /w ime disabled?

>tfw I have an Asus ROG laptop

oh well, I'm happy with it.

Okay...?

DELL laptops are made to work with Linux. You even get them with Ubuntu by default.

>msi no where to be seen on list

Thread is already trash, move along

>Doesn't have a virus

This guy's got at least a few, judging from his look

>apple
>trash tier
hello rajesh!

>dell
>trash
The pre-Ultrabook Latitudes were fantastic. As good as ThinkPads, at least.