/wt/ Watch Thread

Watch thread, Chinese crap edition.

Post your Oriental garbage, make files under 3MB or you'll make someone in Mongolia cry.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

urbanjurgensen.com/legacy/craftsmanship
youtube.com/watch?v=t0gkzLHONXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thoughts?

Is this the watch thread?

do you like my watch?

the finishing is better than an Omega

how can I make my SNE437 as accurate as a rolex?

You can't. But it should be pretty close. Seiko know what they are doing for the most part.

>You can't. But it should be pretty close. Seiko know what they are doing for the most part.
How much more accurate is a Rolex? will I be late to meetings or run out of air when diving?

What the fuck are you on about?

A well adjusted serviced Rolex should run at +- 5 sec per day

Isn't that a quartz? Quartz will forever be more accurate than any mechanical if the battery is operational.

I am a deep sea diver, I work on oil rigs at 180 meters.

I don't want to run out of air if my seiko is wrong

Jaeger > Patek

Discuss

If you are doing serious work underwater, you should be using a diving computer.

These watches are for recreational use.

Yeah it's solar quartz, but I want it to be somewhat accurate

Repost:

I'm thinking about falling for the penisquartz meme (I'm totally not late with that). Which lines should I go for? Was it Lord/King only or is stuff like Type II and similar OK?

I mean, I'd love something like , but while there's a King Quartz sold locally, it's kinda too expensive for me to buy on a whim. And it's in gold, so I don't like it anyway. On the other hand, there's a Type II in a not-terrible condition (I think) and it's easily in impulse buy territory.

james bond never used a computer

Holy shit stop spending loadsa money on piece of shit quartz from nippon

The fuck is wrong with you

Both have been utter shit for 15 years. The independent market has been beating the shit out of them in terms of innovation and design.

Philippe Dufour, Urban Jürgensen, Grönefeld etc, are much more impressive than mass market Patek and Jaeger garbage. Same goes for Breguet. It's shit and they have no innovation.

Good luck drowning, you mongoloid.

Also, if it's a quartz and has power, it will be accurate. Stop asking stupid questions.

Post a prettier diver

Oh wait you can't, even if you post $10k watches, cause this simply looks better

and I don't even like Seiko, but this is the only diver I own and would ever wear

I will admit, it looks damn good.

The Type IIs are cool, though not the most interesting visually. Personally I want an ana-digi Silverwave but fuck me they get expensive.

Damn straight

It's amazing how sporty and on the money a $200 watch can look with the right strap

This, just get a gshock if you want a quartz watch
If you're looking for a 'nice' watch why the FUCK would you ever buy quartz?

If I didn't have a really cool dive watch already, and my budget was severely limited, this Seiko would be my first choice.

I do like the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscape a lot though.

Ask again on Monday, weekend /wt/ is so shit that most of the regulars boycott.

Is this the watch from Scrooged?

I love my King Quartz

That's beautiful of course, in a classy way.

But then I would just wear my dress watch instead of that.

I think the bathyscape is the ultimate in jeans/t-shirt watches. Not dressy in my opinion.

Yeah, I can see that working.

>Those tiny little indices with a little bitty spot of lume on them
>The 4:30 "well I guess the movement has a date so we have to cut a half-assed hole in the dial for it somewhere"
>Tiny little bezel
>Enormous crown
What the fuck this looks like it belongs on AliExpress

>making me remember I didn't get a bagelmeme when they were cheap
fuck you user.

I hate day and date subdials, and the font used for the name and automatic looks retarded.

The only good Patek watches are the custom order and special edition crazy expensive ones. JLC makes a lot more interesting watches than PP for sure.

The proportions are all out of whack on that watch.

Complications mean nothing. They are modular components and are mass produced. They only people who are impressed by gyro tourbillons and the like are people who know nothing about watches.

>wanting a fuckhuge bezel
yuck

Do you want the hands, font, hourmarkers, etc. to be larger? Like the fuck-ugly maxi-dial rolexes?

That's a load of shit and you know it, but even if you ignore complications, JLC is a lot more interesting than Patek.

I want the dial not to look like a barren field. Either move those markers or make them bigger. Or both.
The bezel is too thin for that huge dial.

Really the problem is that the dial is too large. Everything would work fine on a smaller dial and with smaller hands.

user that watch is perfect out of the box. Can you show movement pics pls

Post your collection user. With such hyper autistic critique surely you have a watch collection of high taste.

Ralph Lauren has made watches with tourbillons in them. Nothing in the watch industry in terms of complications means anything anymore because anyone can buy their way to anything.

JLC are just so incredibly gimmicky and their designs are extremely boring. The cases they use are stamped. Their dials are stamped. Their hands are stamped. There is no real craft in their production. Soulless. Same goes for modern day Patek.

>he doesn't like a clean dial
>needs it to be crammed with shit

>inb4 a bunch of seiko's

never forget

Just upgraded my moto 360 to gear s3, big change!

lol 2clock

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Only the seconds are repeated

Oh I just noticed the tiny hands too

And the glows so like 3 clock

Your entire post is a crock of shit

>/wt/ has turned into mindless brand dick sucking and autistic debates over cosmetics

I know it's a 100k but it's so fucking ugly, god damn

Why do people buy this crap aside from the novelty and the Patek name?

Say you have millions, why this piece of shit and not something nice looking? It's like, more expensive hardly equals better. And don't tell me any richfag cares about the movement and finish inside that watch. He fucking doesn't.

How much are they now? For £20 delivered it's a fun piece of shit but I'd never pay anything more.

How about actually saying something, you troglodyte

>How about actually taking my bait
No. Fuck off troll.

It's almost as if people like different things.

Personal taste.

Many rich people care about small finishing details and movement. You think the entire high-end watch market is full of people that don't give two shits about watches?

>Stop liking what I don't like!

Post collection user.

JLC dials are stamped. No hand work. JLC hands are stamped. No hand work. JLC cases are stamped.

Is this bait? Or is it pointing out that JLC is overrated garbage that relies on complication gimmicks to stand out?

Let me show you some real watchmaking.

urbanjurgensen.com/legacy/craftsmanship

Soon you will see that modern JLC is nothing but a machine made mass market factory brand.

>Many rich people care about small finishing details and movement. You think the entire high-end watch market is full of people that don't give two shits about watches?

youtube.com/watch?v=t0gkzLHONXk

Anyone retarded enough to think cases are *stamped* is too stupid or baiting too hard to respond to seriously. Fuck off.

yeah, because one guy proves your point

nice of you to show off your stupidity early

They are stamped out into a rough shape, then ground and polished. You think they are individually forged?

>solid three dimensional shapes in metals can be stamped
You're a fucking moron

JLC must really be the love of your life. I seem to have struck a nerve.

Is it that hard to admit that their designs and manufacturing is not world class, but rather pedestrian in terms of expensive watchmaking?

And I can link to dozens of videos featuring very wealthy collectors talking about the history of watches, movements, finishing, etc.

But you seem to be a fucking moron, so it doesn't really matter, now does it?

Your total cluelessness about how watches are made has nothing to do with JLC specifically.

Did someone said Chinese crap?

Keep posting images. It isn't doing you any good.

Ever held a JLC in your hand? They are so fucking boring. There is no life to them at all. They are like watches designed and made by a computer.

What do you wear on your wrist user?

Where?

Sorry, you'll have to find someone else to pathetically try to bait into an argument you clueless dumbfuck.

thats the watch TGV bought right?
its funny how he makes a 34mm watch look huge

I've already posted it in this very thread. Near the top.

You keep replying, with new images every time. I hope you are laughing as hard as those women.

is 1200 € worth it?

45€ on ali, so yeah about twice what I'd like to pay.

I have the Meme watch Hamilton Field...where do I go from there. it was my first watch. I want an upgrade.

no

How many times are you going to have to be told no before you listen?

Fuck that, that's the same price as a Komandirskie.

Suppose he said that the cases are CNC'd and not stamped. Does that make them any more special?

Are you under the impression that anyone in the world hand carves their cases out of blocks of steel, gold or platinum? That Dufour starts making a simplicity by hand carving the case out of a block of solid gold? The entire premise of his bait did nothing but betray that he hadn't the slightest clue about how watches are actually made or where the labour in haute horlogerie watches actually goes.

I get that he is overly autistic about muh handmade. Personally I can appreciate both beautifully handmade things as well as precise machined things. It really comes down to what you like and appreciate.

some cases are forged or partially forged. Such as teardrop logs on UJS.

Yeah same. I think his main point is just that the design on JLC cases is overly simplistic to the point of blandness, so they might as well be "stamped" out.

Well that just brings it to "stop liking this style that I don't like"

isn't that why we are here?

also, the original question was patek vs JLC

which is a stupid question because they are equally boring

anyone?

Simplicity of design has little correlation with how much hand finishing is done on a watch, and it is in the hand finishing of components and the model specific design of components that the difference between high end production watchmaking and haute horlogerie is felt. Machines are used in the manufacturing stage by every single watchmaker. It is at the finishing and decoration stages that the enormous amounts of handiwork that goes into haute horlogerie watches come into play. That dude clearly knows fuckall about watchmaking, and is just trying to cloak his aesthetic preferences as statements about quality.

What are you looking for genre wise? Something dressy? What is your budget?

something dressy and casual...just something really nice
Lets just say I have a big budget but don't really want to spend too much....maybe £1000-£1500

Orient Bambino is pretty nice and pretty cheap.