Admit it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've only been coding for less than 2 years, which side of the image is correct?

The right. Linux can exist without GNU (e.g. Alpine BusyBox+Linux), and GNU is nothing without Linux.

right one is probably correct

Linus give zero fucks

Android is an example of an almost GNU-less Linux system.

obligatory

Yes, gnu software like emacs can't run on things other than linux...

It never would have been popular were it not for Linux. Also, the "GNU" in "GNU plus Linux" refers to the libs and core utils, not emacs

Yes it can you imbecile

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd

It doesn't matter if you say Hurd is trash, it is. But it proves you wrong regardless

It"s only werks in alcohol

>emacs made for linux

>coding
Fucking imbeciles

Both and neither. Report and hide troll threads in future please. Don't forget to sage.

Left. Don't let GNU haters tell you otherwise.

He looks very uncomfortable. Is the hamplanet sexually harassing him? And I mean full-out rape, not this pussy shit that people try to push these days.

You're clearly underage. GNU software was popular before Linux. Many people replaced their userlands with GNU userlands on BSDs and proprietary UNIX systems back in the day because GNU is free and had better feature sets.

>he
>him

>30 years ago

You were the one misrepresenting history.

how do I remove Loonix from my GNU? i'm tired of Sup Forums making fun of me. plz help

the naming debate is emblematic of the petty infighting and egos that prevent linux from ever reaching the true mainstream acceptance the community craves

Linux is still just a kernel, with or without the GNU system, with, or without the Android system.

Imagine being so mentally defective that you can't understand sarcasm and shit.

I like windows

The Linux operating system was written by Linus Torvalds. Is a man not entitled to the fruits of his labor? No says the fat parrot fucker, it belongs to GNU.

bullshit

It's not like people used GNU shit with proper UNIX kernels because they expanded the POSIX tools with some pretty useful stuff. Most of the POSIX certified OS's have pretty shitty standards (hell even microshit is POSIX certified), so a few guys releasing these tools for free was a welcome thing.

Even if the freetards could agree on a single naming convention, the massive fragmentation would still prevent mainstream acceptance.

If you want proof just look up the Unix Haters Handbook, It's a collection of usenet messages from people hating on old proprietary UNIX systems and GNU software, especially GNU emacs, is mentioned frequently while Linux is not mentioned once.

this comment HURDs me

HURD is a mess. it will never support x64