ARE THERE ANY GOOD PC LAPTOP TRACKPADS?

One of the strongest selling points for Mac laptops is the easy to use and non-frustrating trackpad. Why the fuck does it seem that almost all PC laptop trackpads are complete shit? Why hasn't a single PC laptop manufacturer figured out this is a huge competitive advantage and spend R&D money to clone the Mac trackpad or build a better one?

Please post what PC laptops have a usable trackpad if you have one.

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/keyboards-and-mice/keyboards/KEYBOARD-US-English/p/0B47190
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Synaptics makes all mac and also 90% of all other laptop trackpads.
You're an idiot if you can't learn how to use the windows driver.

I think it's more about the os/driver

Surface touchpads are miles ahead of the trackshit on mac garbage.

How do you mean? The manufacturers are creating shitty drivers? Once again, why skimp on that when it is so frustrating to use a shit trackpad?

this. magfags have never been very smart

gestures are better than shitty meme buttons

>a mouse is better than a trackpad
of course everyone knows this, but trackpads are supposed to be for when you can't use a mouse

My Samsung mac clone from 2012 or so was absolutely horrible in Windows with its crappy non Synaptics touchpad and drivers. It was really hard to make precise movements because it would just wander in random directions on pressing or lifting a finger on/from the pad.
And the driver even shared settings like acceleration with external mice (seriously, what the fuck).
Booted Linux on it once and it was perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever. Why are PC manufacturers so shit?

Are you saying you can configure your driver to make it behave exactly like the mac trackpad? If so how?

Well shilled Rakesh! 2 rupees have been deposited to your designated shitting street.

Best touchpad
Good for gayming, good for work, precise as fuck

Are you saying that every trackpad should behave exactly like the shitty mac ones?

>muh CTRL ALT H F3 is so simple

Since two years ago laptop makers using new generation trackpad are way better and bigger.

I've never used the trackpoints on old thinkpads so I've no reference but the one on my newish thinkpad kills my finger with extended use, it's way too stiff, even with sensitivity ramped up you have to push hard on it to get any sort of decent movement.

It's literally all shitty drivers. There's zero difference between a decent PC trackpad and a mac one.

Also stop being a retard and learn to use the keyboard and suddenly macshit will be unusable for you.

On my Chinkpad E330 this nipple is OK.

You said its the same manufactuer. So what is it about most pc laptop trackpads that make them shit, like non-smooth, non-responsive, etc. Also, why not have it optimized from the start? It's like buying a TV and it has all the colors contrast brightness set to the wrong levels and looks like complete shit "but you can totally just tweak those settings brah"

How does that make any sense? Windows is all pajeet.

Do they have USB nipple?

the red trackpoint is jerky as fuck to use, maybe it gets better with practise but i hated using it on my work thinkpad

1. Some retards don't install the driver, then it doesn't work very well
2. Some manufacturers use the cheapest possible touchpad surface, don't buy $200 walmart laptops and this wont be an issue
3. You might just be not used to something that doesn't work exactly like your applel toy does. This doesn't mean that it's broken/worse, just that you're an idiot

I'm not a macfag, i use pc's but whenever ive used someone elses macbook, the trackpad is infinitely better than any pc laptops i've used. just wondering why that is.

2 rupees have been deposited at your designated shitting street.

Sounds like it's defective.

It should respond to light touches.

>trackpoint is jerky

Reduce sensitivity.

Trackpoints are God-like but you do have to calibrate them.

www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/keyboards-and-mice/keyboards/KEYBOARD-US-English/p/0B47190
60 USD is meh.
But those keyboards feel really nice, not as german cherrys, but better than 90% short-travel membrane shit.

Did you even read my post.
>Drivers
That's literally it.

/thread

You dumbass if the drivers are shit then the trackpad is shit. "the trackpad is defective hurr just buy it and use the keyboard" "the screen is unusable hurr just plug in a monitor"

Blame MS for the layers of spaghetti keeping that chimera they call an operating system alive. And manufacturers for not supporting linux enough too I guess.

> I bought this product and here's proof
> therefore I'm the absolute authority on whether or not this product is good

>all my fingers are broken. this laptop is ableist

The mac one. I prefer using the trackpad than a mouse.

A lot of people does, a shit ton of people are switching their magic mouse for magic trackpad.

Amazing.

I used a shitty i3 dell some years ago, was usable, but way worse than the macs.

If you really need a good trackpad, go with the mac.

AFAIK it's a Windows problem, every touchpad feels like shit, lags and it's hard to be precise with it.
You can think it's a meme but Loonix has clearly superior touchpad drivers.

So laptop manufacturers do the best they can but they are limited due to Windows shitty code for trackpads? Then I don't get why doesn't MS put a team on this to just fix it, its the primary navigation device for a huge percentage of its customers now that most people have laptops instead of manly desktops

protip: you're arguing with someone who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

I don't think the laptop manufacturers are doing much besides making sure a certain random collection of parts moves into a factory in China over a certain timespan and pallets of boxes come out so they can be put on a boat in a container.

The drivers are made by the part manufacturers; if their homebaked UX is too horrible even by PC standards the laptop manufacturer might put a custom skin on its software or something, but that's it. Windows probably doesn't have much code that would be any help here, and every manufacturer is free to make their own mistakes from scratch.

If the Linux ecosystem has any advantage here, it is that similar devices might actually use the same code --- if only because it'd be hard to convince the maintainers to accept 50 different patches that implement the same functionality for slightly different hardware.

>what is windows precision drivers for $500

>The touchpad is also the ONLY mouse button.
It's a big greasy shit that coats the inside of the toilet when you attempt to flush it.

trackpoints are for niggers

>single-button pointing device
>$current_year