twitter.com/AnonBabble

> one floating point unit

Now tell us which standard instruction sets it uses

MUH DIK

>20nm CMOS
SPARC FUCKING LOST!!

>20nm
>claims fastest single core performance

How large is the water-cooling unit on that thing?

>SPARC
1988 called, they want their Suns back.

>SPARC CPUs have out-of-order execution
Whoops.

I don't see that on pic related.

I see that it's got 96 threads though, but yeah that can't compete with Oracle SPARC's 256 threads.

>SPARC
Didn't Oracle fire all of the Solaris and SPARC engineers last year>

Yeah, I actually looked into buying SPARC servers awhile back but I wasn't into spending six figures on 1 server.

>5 yen have been deposited into your bank account.

>caring about SPARC post-Sun
it's fucking dead, give up

How it is possible to be that retarded?
Dimensions of transistors have not big effect on consumption or performance. Connection between transistors matters very much...
20 nm is cheaper to manufacture, and 6 nm will not make that big difference in efficiency..

And? You can fix it on level of die.

>2 shekels have been deposited into your bank account.

amd64 has been ass raping SPARC on single threaded for a decade at far less money, and Linux is free. Sun's death was inevitable.

>Dimensions of transistors have not big effect on consumption or performance.
How it is possible to be that retarded?

spec.org/cpu2006/results/res2017q2/cpu2006-20170331-46848.html
spec.org/cpu2006/results/res2017q2/cpu2006-20170529-47129.html
Not exactly comparable due to the difference in chip count and clock speed, but SPARC is way overpriced.

>but SPARC is way overpriced
At this point it's worth it because of the lack of management engine bullshit and crippling vulnerabilities.

no

>you have to pay to unlock cores you already have
Ahah ahah ahaha no

Yeah, instead of "management engine bullshit" you'll get something even better, called "Oracle bullshit," when you pay six figures for the privilege of being vendor-locked into an ultra-proprietary platform wholly owned and marketed by one of the most evil tech corporations on Earth. Hope you enjoy paying out the ass for a support contract just to access drivers and basic documentation while deluding yourself into thinking your 30 year old architecture is air-tight just because nobody cared enough to look at it closely.

>Not FINFET

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Whare's RISC-V tho

>no videogames

hip startups and empty kickstarter pages

It's pretty much going to halve consumption when the transistors get 70% smaller, yeah, and if you're tripling the amount of transistors too, that'll improve performance.

However, it's got like, an enormous amount of cores to start.

Way too expensive, no matter what, anyway.

>because nobody cared to look at it closely
Wow I want an obscure CPU now

It will take many years for riscv to get up to speed, look at how long arm was around before they started getting noticed