Just had the windows patch pushed me to and me ran passmark

Just had the windows patch pushed me to and me ran passmark.
>intel 8400
>gtx 970
>850 evo
>3000mhz cl 15 ram
Guess it really is nothing for desktop users.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/zYRap
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=xeon server&_pgn=5&_skc=200&rt=nc
pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-review-benchmarks
youtube.com/watch?v=RF0x9wWxXMM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it depends on what you are doing.

Outside of a few edge cases it would barely touch normalfags doing normalfag things, just be happy you don't have a fast NVMe drive.

imgur.com/a/zYRap

Yes, I am glad I don't have an nvme. 850 evo came out pretty much uneffected

Some SATA drives suffered a lot, most probably ones that don't batch I/O on their personal controller and leave it to the OS,, but anything relatively recent should be fine.

>Guess it really is nothing for desktop users.
Duh... It only affects the servers - MMORPGs. Intel is fucked for sure - AMD, ARM, and VIA will takes meaningful CPU market share from Intel.
I want CPU that is not tainted by kikes.

My theory is that the Windows 10 patch didn't patch anything at all, at least nothing performance affecting.

Simply because the Intel Bugs don't create new type of attacks.

Before Intel Bug: Malware will fuck up your system
After Intel Bug: Malware will fuck up your system

Chinks are lower beings than kikes my friend. They eat dogs

Do you think Intel & Microsoft will allow that happens? They would be obliterated by the lawsuit.

>what is Taiwan

Actually the lawsuit would be because of performance.

Not consumers cuz they are not affected. The business/vendors. Sure.

A little island full of chinese people who pretend to be autonomous from chinese rule but arnt actually. They still eat dog

IT'S NOT FAIR INTEL WAS SUPPOSED TO LOSE NOOOOOOOOO

>MUH 1% IN MULTICORE NOOOO
k im done benching I have confirmed it nothing on my computer and I can go on about my life

Nice try, kike.

fapping to anime and playing videogames

>Chinks are lower beings than kikes my friend.
Nah they are about same.
However, Taiwanese are based. They are the white version of Chineses.

INTEL IS FINISHED: YOU ARE FUCKED ITS A HARDWARE ISSUE THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ITS LIKE A BACKDOOR. THE KERNEL IS THE HOLY GRAIL AND EVERYONE CAN READ IT NOW ITS GAME OVER.

>30%
>30%
>30%

enjoy your intelbucks

whats a good benchmark program to use for a normal pc user?

Nothing, because you don't know what those numbers mean or represent.
Benchmarks are wasted on 98% of the public.

the ones i posted, also blender, firestrike, handbrake, 7zip bench

i just want to compare before and after the criplle patch

>shitty i5s that were already slow to begin with
>"lmao checkmate"
You sure are stupid

thanks

thats not how it works you fag

It won't make a difference unless you're dealing with complicated software, VMs or heavy I/O

until ryzen get not get it's ass handed to it in games by i3s I won't be buying them. I do all my work on my work pc at work, home pc is for fun times

its exactly how it works.

The only thing i3's can hand out is stuttering.

Me too I patched and there was no impact whatsoever. Ha AMD fags bt- oh shit

and the most popular game on steam ever, just sayin

What's the ID of the update? Just had one but can't find anything in the notes referring to side-channel executions or similar.

Seems like there's no meltdown fix available on the Ubuntu repositories yet either. January 9th is what I've heard as the likely push date.

>1080p
>medium quality
>1080ti

What kind of hilarity is this?

a normal settings for competitive shooting games. Guess you've never gotten good at one

Real world usage scenario, nobody plays "competitive" games like pubg at ultra settings.

Unless you turn your game "benchmark" into a synthetic one Intel doesn't really win.
So now we all pretend we have $700 GPUs on $100 monitors playing ps3 graphic settings.

>those mental gymnastic to make amd look good when you've already been told why such settings are used here
and

You'd be right, because the last FPS I played is Unreal Tournament from '99

Okay competition man, enjoy your eye cancer.

BUTTHURT

that just saying i dont have the spector microcode patch yet but meldown is patched

I'm sure that's how Sup Forums explains spending $1000+ in hardware to play something that looks worse than a XB1 game.

you're showing your age old man

keep crying biatch

28 is still young. Practically 17.

>Sup Forums
>Liking PUBG
Did you got lost on your way to /r/ayyymd?

We did it Reddit!

Lads!

Intel is Based as our Based Black Men.

An Upvote for you Magapedes!

Jews are our best Allies!

Praise Kekistan!

#Save_Intel #Civic_Nationalism

Thanks for the input Sup Forums

I can tell AMD shills are MAD Intel isn't taking the huge performance penalty that was projected. Can you imagine being such a shill you get emotionally attached to a company like this? Iand bet they shill AMD for free too!.

>install windows patch on 4670k system
>restart
>fatal error during startup

what the fuck

Yeah, AMD BTFO, CPUs used for playing games are fine but anything over $700 lost 2-3 gens of performance, AMD truly BTFO.

Do you listen to yourself?
Intel's entire HEDT and Server lineup is worthless overnight, people have been dumping Xeons on ebay in mass since yesterday.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=xeon server&_pgn=5&_skc=200&rt=nc

Pages upon pages of used xeons since yesterday.
Yeah, everything's fine.

KB4056892 for Windows 10 I believe

>AMD BTFO

lmaoing at your life, nobody said this but in your little head you took it personally.

This thread isnt about servers faggot go be BTFO and cry somewhere else

Don't try to deflect you little shit, don't try to pretend you live in a bubble where only you and your poorfag $200 CPU live.

So the top bunch is referring to spectre protection and the bottom meltdown?

I stopped counting after 30 pages and I still haven't gotten to January 5.
Looks great if you're looking for used server hardware.

Nah uh it doesn't works like that my friend.
Don't put me in in the same delusional world you AMD shill live in, for I don't care about companies or brands, their CPUs could be made with child slavery and I would still buy the CPU that brings the best performance.

Was your delusion taking place post or pre meltdown patch?

Tell

>le 30% cpu
>le 3.5 gpu
do you just like being a cuck?

did these all just show up in the last few days? holy shit if true

>posting old EPYC scores without new firmware or NUMA updates to the kernel that flat out improve it by 15-20%

Tell me what is it that drives you to take such a stand against anything Intel?
Does it fills the void in your life standing up for AMD "the underdog"?, or does it brings you happiness that Intel users are suffering from this r?

fuck the new recaptcha keeps sending my posts before I finished god damn I'm starting to miss v1 already.

What of you, user? Does taking cock up your ass defending Intel fill you with joy?

>b-but 30% doesn't matter
>not like I care for power draw
>or features
>so what I only buy 4 core i5 nothing else is important at least until I buy a NVMe drive or do more than play farmville on my PC

You know it takes a mighty fine idiot to defend a company after this, if the equivalent compute power of several large cities getting dumped on flash sale in under 2 days on ebay wasn't indicative enough of what's going on.

Wow, not at all because the game is just extremely unoptimised and buggy. It's esports ready after all!

I'm so lost here. What the fuck happened the last few days? Why is everyone talking about 30%?

Please tl;dr or give me a link for christ's sake.

All those "assumptions as if people use their machines the exact same way.
You see people aren't going to buy a big ass truck to drive to the store when they can just ride a bike or walk there.

If intel is so evil how come they are winning bruh? evil never wins.

how's dog sandwich taste like?

I can't go further than 200 pages..

HAHAHAHA OH WOW

Sorted by date of upload:

>last on page 200 - 16:45
>page 1 - 16:41

200 pages of Xeons, 50 per page, 10000 racks in 4 minutes.

Oh man someone at Intel is getting fired.

>Intel is winning.
"Winning"

so am i wrong then?

Sorry, not 4 minutes, more like 30 minutes, there's some bugs in the time sorting.

Not much of a improvement.

Like your mom.

Post a benchmark where ryzen does not get obliterated by a Coffee Lake processor. Good luck

possible replies:
> lmao playing games go back to Sup Forums
> the benchmarks are faked
> you don't need that
> works on my machine
> how's your performance when encoding video? wait what do you mean encoding video isn't something you do on your spare time
> muh stutters/muh security bugs/muh jews/any other kind of irrelevant non-argument

Better than Babies' Foreskin, Kike.

Ive never ince had an issue with my 970. I bought it knowing it had the 3.5gb because amd sucks

I wonder where these idiots will be in 2 months when Ryzen 2 is out and the clock deficit is practically gone.
Something something 800x600?

>clock deficit is practically gone
Until Intel pops out a new processor again.

If it still wins a low res intel is still better

Intel's roadmap has no consumer SKU in 2018, user.
Icelake-S is next, and that's launching along with Ryzen 3

pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-review-benchmarks

Isn't there a Coffee Lake refresh this year?

I'm seeing Z390 memes for months now.

Their roadmap means jackshit since they rushed Coffee Lake and removed Cannon Lake.

So this only hurts users that have servers or do things that require server tier cpu usage?

>Coffeelake barely in stock now
>thinks Intel will launch a new CPU anywhere close to Pinnacle Ridge

Z390 is coffeelake chipset with some inbuilt wifi/wigi shit.

Coffe refresh is unknown, but Intel has no 14nm+++ and 14nm++ is in low capacity, so there's nothing really to gain from a refresh so early.
Or would it make sense since it would put it a few months away from Icelake-S if it launched late in 2018

Not server things

Datacenter things

Compiling things

If you have those NvME/M.2 SSDs you are screwed

If you don't have enterprise-level stuff you are in the clear and if you bought a Ryzen or sold your Intel CPU you got shilled by AMD marketers

Sounds like it. Would be good to see some independent review of different home use scenarios pre and post patch, eg. music/audio production, video editing, gaming, compiling, etc.

>cannonlake chipset

God damn I'm drunk

>pre is lower than post
Real analytics expert here.

>buys i7 instead of Ryzen
>"i-i don't need performance anyway"
>"I use my faceberg machine like it has an Intel Atom (a SHIT processor by Intel)"
Who hurt you?

So is this Icelake-S?

If this was """leaked""" on November last year that means they can magically show up Q3 or Q4 this year.

Ryzen+ will destroy Coffee Lake and then this thing will come out.

>Just had the windows patch pushed me to
>and me ran passmark

youtube.com/watch?v=RF0x9wWxXMM

> loses to 8400 in every benchmark, by as much as 20 fps

now compare it to 8700k.