Why are you not using Xfce?

why are you not using Xfce?

Because I use KDE

Because I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

What's the appeal of this besides reminding one of Year of the Linux Desktop 2003?

I am.

because GNOME hasn't given me a big enough reason to spend time looking for an alternative

>implying

To be fair, firefox on xfce looks much worse than on windows. The window control buttons are listed in the same row as tabs making the UI perfect and compact. Once Xfce does this out of the box or at least gives an option to do so I'll consider it better. Not sure about other DEs since Xfce is the only one I use.

there's probably some hack you could do to make it not draw decorations on Firefox and then mess with the CSS to add window controls to the bar but that's a bit long winded.

because cinnamon is better in every way.

Give me 5

Because I'm using KDE Neon, and Xfce seems to be a dead project going nowhere.

You can go to "customize" and change this.

I am. GNOME is too resource heavy but manages to have zero features, KDE is buggy as fuck and super ugly, LXDE/QT is too minimal, and using just a wm takes way too much time.

better animations and effects

code ain't ancient

it'll works bellow 600~ mb (300 mb with animations disabled)

it ain't ugly (manjaro style is ugly btw)

workspaces expo view is native and nice

I'm using Mint and still using XFCE. Never bothered with Cinnamon since uninstalling it is such a hassle and I don't like to keep the packages of 2 DEs at the same time. Is Cinnamon still a steaming POS or have they fixed that yet?

Can't remove the title bar that way.

And with Mint 19 it will finally support gtk3. Wow.

Try harder.

fedora's cinnamon is way better

functional, rock solid stability with no memes

Mint is Ubuntu plus Cinnamon
Why would you run Mint and not Xubuntu?

Because I'm using either I3, Mate or TTY

>Xfce follows its steady pace of evolution without recolution that seems to match our users' needs
what's wrong with that?
not everyone wants their DE to look like a Candy Crush ""app""

Could always use a 'border-only' theme

Noone asks for "ubuntu chocolate chip ice cream"

Xfce stayed at one spot and didn't evolve it around what the user base likes. The settings app could do with some improvement, the taskbar and the add-ons could use some improvement.

MATE is a better replacement that does get updated.

I am but it doesn't look shit like yours.

It just feels like it's 1 step away from falling so far behind it won't work with all the system services and APIs made for other DEs any more.

Because it's ugly as shit and has no features

I never seen uglier windows. Win95 looks geniuely better.

i have i3 on my laptop, i tried switching to nicer-looking enviroments more than once and it never worked. it's just so suited for the laptops, with alll of the keyboard shortcuts and space-saving interface

because desktop environments are a meme

I have a hybrid tablet/laptop. I'd love to use i3 on it but it has no touchscreen support.

Looks like shit out the box unless you rice it to your preference and liking. I'll take Budgie or GNOME over Xfce anyday

screen tearing

i'm pretty sure you can set it up in some kind of xorg.conf, input methods aren't really "DE" thing, it's just x11 doing its work.

then again, it would be a shame to not use some kind of flashy gnome with touchscreen. it sounds like a nice gimmick to have.

Because it does not support multi touch on my tablet (tried, didn't find a solution)

>Xfce seems to be a dead project going nowhere.
Isn't that what Neon exactly is?