PMP / DAP Thread

Post em up

iPhone 8 -> Lightning to 30-pin adapter (the one with the built in DAC) -> 30-pin to 3.5" -> FiiO Mont Blanc -> AKG K702

id like to get the new walkman nw-a40

what does Sup Forums think?

Pffft

looks nice, I haven't seriously researched it at all but I was checking it out myself
but I don't need it at all, when I'm out, I listen to shitty music with shitty IEMs and I've got a sansa fuze v2 running rockbox if I want something with battery life (not my phone)

My s7 works just fine

Do Sony players offer anything that some of the chinese DAPs don't (besides UI)?

Not talking about the bottom of the barrel shit, but some of the midrange chinese players are priced below Sony ones and seem quite good.

>get fiio x5 ii for dual sd
>put a bunch of songs
>song list sorts songs by file name
>Go through thousands of songs renaming to sort songs properly
>Searching songs still takes a long time
Great player otherwise

>IEMs
>ever
>on purpose
FFS man.

Not with half-decent IEMs.

nobody wants to look like a faggot with massive cans on his head. just as bad as people wearing beats.

ASRock H110M DGS + Sony MDR-ZX110

And yes the DAC on the mobo is really good

>hating sound isolation in public

yikes desu

reminds me of the Zune HD.

Y'all retards, use a fucking phone

I use both, stop getting angry about Sup Forums posts.

I got a FiiO X1 II recently and it's great but I have a few minor issues with it.
>can't just hold down volume button to adjust it
>sometimes takes a while to start the next song after one finishes/I change songs
>can't go to the next song right after adjusting volume, have to wait for the volume indicator to go away first
I haven't updated the firmware yet because I'm lazy. Did its firmware updates fix any of this or should I look into custom firmware?

The fucking worst. I wish there was a way to save iTunes file data T.T

Colorfly C3 -> Fiio E11K -> Shure srh1540

How do I make the music not sound like shit when using my Moto E2?

the 30 pin adapter has a DAC? and it's better than the one in the iphone?

Assuming the files and your headphones aren't garbage, maybe get a portable DAC? Fiio Q1?

Headphones are one thing but what is the point of portable amps for IEMs? They obviously don't need extra power.

Don't really need the amp for those headphones either, I have it purely for pocket control of volume.

I'm working on the files

I have some musing on FLAC and .wav and I'm working on upgrading my whole collection of .mp3 files.

Headphones aren't absolute garbage but are just chink ones, Piston 3 and Rock Zircon.

Galaxy S6 Exynos with Wolsfon DAC
enough to not carry bulky DACs and amps.

How comfy are shaped IEMs? I've always hated wearing normal in-ear stuff but as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, normal sized headphones can be a bit unwieldy in public.

I'm attracted by the price tag of this, the reviews about it's quality are good, but I know it will be a pain in the ass to use without screen.

Also at the same time, I think it can have a positive impact for me, limiting myself to few albums to make it easier to use, then forcing myself to listen said albums deeper.

Is this autism or should I buy it?