MacOS Spectre Patched: No Real Slowdown

macOS will be releasing a patch for Spectre on Jan 8th, no real slowdowns reported

support.apple.com/en-us/HT208394
>Apple will release an update for Safari on macOS and iOS in the coming days to mitigate these exploit techniques. Our current testing indicates that the upcoming Safari mitigations will have no measurable impact on the Speedometer and ARES-6 tests and an impact of less than 2.5% on the JetStream benchmark.

winfags BTFO yet again

If you are running 10.13.2, you are already protected lmao

>Apple released mitigations for Meltdown in iOS 11.2, macOS 10.13.2, and tvOS 11.2. watchOS did not require mitigation.

This is the reason Apple hardware comes at a premium. It's actually cheaper in the long run to use Apple than it is to use anything else (that is, if your time has value).

>it will be a fucking ~1GB for this update

MACTODDLERS THROTTLED AGAIN

>only tests macs on browser benchmarks
>desperately avoiding any actual usage that would actually stress the hardware
Mactoddlers will damage control anything.
Enjoy your double throttling Maccucks.LMAO

Yeah, but as we have proved you actually have to test the right things to find slowdowns.

Otherwise I could use this to show there was no slowdown on Windows either.

Why would you need to test anything besides Facebook browsing on a Facebook machine?

Unfortunately you need to downgrade to 10.13.1 to test it, but it's still difficult to determine it since 10.13.2 also fixes couple of bugs beside spectre.

>L I M I T E D data usage cuck

Apple is a fucking joke. The cumulative patch that fixed spectre and meltdown actually increased macos performance overall. The literal pile of shit that the pajeets at applel have shat out and called macos has throttled Macbooks harder than meltdown and spectre combined.

How will mactoddlers EVER recover?

High syscall loads could be tested still.
It's likely that those specific loads would have been affected by other bugs specifically, and even if they were if the slowdown is exhibited then you have still received a slowdown in the same workloads from the patch, so being able to attribute it to exactly which part of the patch is irrelevant.

you should already have it installed, it came out a month ago

meanwhile Windows still isn't patched, probably because of pic related

>inb4 macos is already 30%+ less efficient to begin with

see and

>he doesn't put an aftermarket Samsung NVMe SSD in his MacBook Pro™

what's it like being an actual cuck?

Why is macos so shit?

actually macos is faster than winblows ever could be due to macOS only supporting dedicated hardware

>he owns a MacBook Pro™

what's it like being an actual cuck?

actually macos is slower than even winblows ever could be due to macOS being fucking trash

>BSD is trash, and a registry based OS is good
yeah cool whatever

This.

Mactoddlers will defend this.

>after fixing a billion lines of street shitter spaghetti code in pajeetOS, macbooks are still slower than winblows
topkek

Sorry, it's a bit hard for me to see. Can either of you please read for me what it says in the red spot in the upper right hand corner of this textbook cover?

JAVASCRIPT WAS A MISTAKE

>you literally have to do things noone would ever do with your computer to find slowdowns
why is this "performace loss" a problem again?

lol what a desperate thing to be a whiny faggot about

Because those things are an issue for server environments and some workstation edge cases.

DELET

that and their products hold value longer. you can go on ebay and find 1 year old flagship android phones going for $100. why? because they are fucking shit. Then you have 4 year old iPhone selling for like $300. lol. Nuff said. Same with macbooks. only lose about 20% of their value after 3 years. Using android literally makes you poorer. It makes you look poor and it takes your money in depriciation. Trump needs to ban android devices completely and make the world a better place.

Why call them winfags? Why not losefags?

Because then they wouldn't know who you are talking about.

>make $200 chinktrash products
>slap $800 fruit logo in it
>convince braindead sheep it's a good deal
>braindead sheep convince themselves 10% discount on 5 year old fruit trash is a good deal
An Apple logo is basically advertising you're a gullible retard tbhfam.

>no real slowdowns reported
Apple computers are throttled, so how could they notice any slowdowns associated with the patch to begin with?

/thread

>make $200 chinktrash products
>slap $800 fruit logo in it
>convince braindead sheep it's a good deal
>braindead sheep convince themselves 10% discount on 5 year old fruit trash is a good deal

>make $100 chinktrash product
>slap $600 made for windows logo on it
>braindead sheep convince themselves a 20% discount on 5 year old office trash is a good deal

>make $50 chinktrash product
>slap $500 pro-china marketing campaign logos on it
>braindead sheep convince themselves a 35% discount on 8 year botnet trash is a good deal

>make $10 gooktrash peripherals
>slap $200 prorazer republika of gaymen logo on it
>convince gaymen vidya nerds it's a good deal
>braindead sheep convince themselves 50% discount on 10 year old optics tech is a good deal

there are no heroes in the tech sector, user, only villains

>watchOS is unaffected by spectre
Fuck intel, fuck AMD, i'll be posting from my watch

>make $350 phone
>sell it for $350
BASED ONEPLUS

why would they give a phone away for free? Apple's the one doing all of the R&D and innovation. Of course you can afford to charge less if you did less work to make the product, you'll just be selling an inferior product though. You'll never be a market leader.

>samefagging this hard

>i am not only financially insolvent, but jealous, and incapable of independent investigation on matters of personal computers

you just probably can't get any slower with all the throttling lol

>Apple's the one doing all of the R&D and innovation.
I think you will find that is Samsung.

like i said, incapable of independent instigation on mattresses of personal computers

Ackshually it is _insert your favorite large tech corperation here_

Actually, it is the United States National Security Agency, unironically. DARPA too.

Hello again Panjeesh. Is there ever an Apple thread you don't come and garnish your butthurt in?

>he's doing the monkey dance
top kek

>implying anybody uses their osx for anything but facebook
that sure is stressing the cpu

>gamer can't imagine anyone would use a computer for anything other than playing games and browsing normiebook, especially not a premium chassis/display computer with the best general purpose OS
my vm's probably have better performance than your entire "rig"

>throttling overheating fruit trash
>""""""""""""""""premium""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

does it hurt to be this retarded, or have you grown used to it? just do some basic research and try them for yourself, buy one and if you really hate it, just return it.

Even a $500 Acer from Walmart BTFOs your utter shit tier fruit toy.

and the hinges will break and become wobbly after 4 months? 5? meanwhile my 5 year old retina MBP still runs and looks like new, and i plan to get another 3 to 5 years out of it before i even think about replacing. Try to do that with your $549.00 shitbook. In that same time period you'll spend more than I did on not only the same software to give it the same functionality as my Mac, but it will also replacement parts. Your computer will also be slower, it will degrade faster, your eyes will be strained by looking at that stupid display all the time, you'll treat it worse because you don't value it enough since you only payed peanuts for it. oh and also your trackpad is like the size of a postage stamp.

you probably won't even run GNU/Linux on it, meanwhile I have the most refined UNIX-class OS that exists. You need to install over 100 programs in Windows just to get it to do the insanely useful things that macOS does out of the box, thanks in part to the BSD core, no, I'm not even talking about iMovie or any of that shit. Why would I care? I don't use my computer for gay shit like that. I use it to develop linux-based embedded systems. I care about battery life, unix compatibility, having a good shell of my choosing, having the GNU coreutils, and BSD coreutils, and a really fucking good display, and human input.

wait, you probably don't even know why Unix is better than Windows, you probably think Unix and windows "do the same thing". Why would I even waste time explaining how to compute well to you?

Did you make yourself, or did you find it online, and saved it, because you thought it was hilarious?

As a hackintosh user with an Intel processor no way in hell this isn't going to take a hit in performance. We know that it depends on software and these fuckers are just testing with what makes the OS basically a facebook OS. Anyone can do that. Try fucking video editing and processing or something like that, not fucking Safari.

What about 10.12.6?

>Thinking a screenshot of a website proves anything
You need to be 18 or older to post in this website.

why would i waste my time on you?

Because that's exactly what you're doing.

nu-uh