Self taught programmer

Is it possible to get a job as self taught programmer if you have experience as freelance?

(MEAN stack)

No

No, real life is not like movies.

wow, i thought if i had experience and some projects i could at least be considered.

feelsbadman

>meme stack

If you can program worth a damn then you dont need a job. Just make something innovative and fucking sell it. Use that American pioneer spirit bitch.

I think so. Especially if you are nigger transdyke and you apply for work in Valley's startup. MEAN is hipsterish enough.

That's what i'm trying to, but i'm needing a job (economic problems), also, i'm italian
why is it supossed to be a meme?
is it hard? (to get a job), i want to get in the uni next year but i want to get a job meanwhile.

I have no idea. I don't do MEAN.

i personally would be more interested in hiring someone who is self taught. self taught + degree is probably better though. self taught > degree. think of it this way, a degree can guide you if you don't know what to do but it won't make you someone who keeps learning after the degree. people who work for me who just have a degree but they just did it to get a job (and aren't really an enthusiast) are usually pretty poor team members..

Mongo is below shit-tier

MongoDB is a piece of shit
Angular is dead

React + Redux is a better choice. If you need a database then use postgresql and learn fucking SQL instead of being a faggot.

This man knows what's up

no,you and the other "self-taught" programmers think you know how to program just because you know about vaiables and loops and a few functions but in reality you dont know anything.if you really want to be a programmer you have to learn it in university.what do you know about multithreading,heterogenous programming,databases,ai or anything at all?you learn all of these and much much more in uni.Sup Forums is only crying about universities because they are either dropped out or they are just simply shop assistants who think one day they will make it into IT by teaching themselves and thats the only light of hope in their lifes.go to university or give up.

>ai
Daily reminder that AI is a meme. No more, no less.

>He believes AI is a meme

The same shit has happened with AI every time it's become relevant in the last 20 years. Advances are made, progress stalls because computers can't keep up with the amount of shit we try to make them to, or there are mathematical challenges that haven't been solved yet. It disappears for 4-5 years, comes back and people hail it as it second coming of Christ. A year or two passes and finally they realize that their problem is NP Complete and they give up until computers are better, then revisit.

It's a meme.

awful programmers are self-taught
mediocre programmers learnt it at school
amazing programmers are self-taught

/thread

amazing programmers learn it in school while studying a lot and looking into it deeper on their own.

The applications of AI have been around for a long time, but they were in few processes that took significantly longer to perform. We're at the point now where people can create a network relatively easily to play through a game like Mario and beat levels. Logistics incorporate genetic programming to determine optimal routes. Natural language processing is being used by major corporations to deliver things like Google Now, Cortana, Alexa, etc, and robust NLP libraries are easily available to developers today.

You're looking for a depth of AI, which is happening around you right now. Right now, though, there's more growth in its breadth, where its principles are being incorporated into more things with ease. With the involvement of these technologies, we will continue to approach something resembling a general AI