Why is he so mean?

Why is he so mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=137392506516022&w=2
youtube.com/watch?v=5XK9Wh_hEL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because he has to deal with a bunch of neckbeards all day every day

He's a stupid hack whose objectively bad kernel somehow became popular.

At least he is not pajeet

It works.

But being nice can work too.

Because he loves you.

Because he does not believe in SJW liberal special snowflake safespace ideology

Quotes taken directly from Linus Torvalds:

marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=137392506516022&w=2

>The thing is, the "victim card" is exactly about trying to enforce your particular expectations on others, and trying to do so in a very particular way. It's the old "think of the children" argument. And it's bogus. Calling things "professional" is just more of the same - trying to enforce some kind of convention on others by trying to claim that it's the only acceptable way.

>Because if you want me to "act professional", I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearign a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what "acting professionally" results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways.

Because fuck you that's why

He isn't only the 0.1% of his comments get shared.

Go to bed Linus.

He's an arrogant asshole who happened to write what became a tremendously popular alternative to traditional Unix operating systems. He's traded on this fame to make himself wealthy at the cost of others (e.g. Transmeta). He writes absurd, inflammatory, baseless attacks on others because he can get away with it.

He needs his ass kicked. But since he spends his life on the virtual throne of an online empire, he gets to behave like the manchild he is.

The weak should fear the strong.

He does that too, just not for idiots, boasters or charlatans.

>He needs his ass kicked.

Oh, fuck off. His direct method of communication is well and necessary in today's corporate environment. He gets to say what he wants to say because whether you like it or not, if he stopped working, the effects would be felt real fucking quick. Sure, he would probably be inevitably replaceable, but until there is someone competent and willing to do what he does, he has every right to his free speech and to decisively point out the bullshit in the tech industry.

Yeah, he goes too far often and it can be petty as fuck, but I appreciate the honesty in a world full of passive aggression and excess flattery.

Holy shit never been thought of it that way

t. GNU Hurd developer

People are forgetting he is an autistic cunt.

Linus could be replaced, Greg is alright.
Problem is what happens when Greg Retires too.
OpenBSD takes over since Theo is not only the same, but also always right.

go to bed Mrs. Torvolds

>Linus could be replaced
Of course. But it's been a couple decades already, you know.

This man is a genius.
Tell me, Sup Forums, does he eat puss?

I didn't meant we should (I'm not the poster that dislikes Torvalds) but it he died or retired he do have one replacement - but after that it's pretty much gave over since everyone else is either a beta orbiter or contaminated by office politics and petty bullshit.

Greg is finally starting to be stern like Linus, it's taken like 8 years but he's not the doormat he used to be.
I don't think he'll ever have it in him to train another though, he's the last of the line.

Post rare Gregs

he's like steve jobs except he hasnt revolutionized the world

>happened to write
You say "happened to write" like he stumbled into writing the fastest, most secure and most people would consider the best kernel over the course of 30 years.

>He writes absurd
What's absurd it?

How often is someone able to argue with what he's saying? Not often

>inflammatory
He really doesn't give a shit about anything other than writing good code. And not fucking important things up as a result of bad code.

It's what happens when you've written the most widely used operating system in existence.

>on others
His own team, mostly.
The people that do stupid shit.

>he spends his life on the virtual throne of an online empire
The only clout he has is that people respect him because of what he's done. He doesn't have money, fame or really any kind of influence

He talks shit about things that are stupid and destructive. You call him a "manchild" like you can't comprehend that some people just have opinions and care about things.

No. He's not gay.

>You say "happened to write" like he stumbled into writing the fastest, most secure and most people would consider the best kernel over the course of 30 years.

All he did was copy existing software.

It's no easy task, but it's not exactly monumental, either.

> What's absurd it?

Ad hominem, circular attacks against others.

>He really doesn't give a shit about anything other than writing good code.

Where "good code" is arbitrarily defined by him.

> It's what happens when you've written the most widely used operating system in existence.

Minix is the mostly widely used OS in existence, not Linux.

> The only clout he has is that people respect him because of what he's done. He doesn't have money, fame or really any kind of influence

Bullshit. He lives a very comfortable life as a result of cashing in on his own pop-culture status. Do you even know the history of Transmeta?

>Oh, fuck off. His direct method of communication is well and necessary in today's corporate environment.

Of, fuck off. His absurdly over-the-top direct, baseless attacks on others just brings shame to the entire Linux kernel.

He wouldn't run his mouth the way he does if he got popped on the chin for it. He's a fucking pussy hiding behind a console.

yeah their meme cpus were poo

This. Imagine if every waking moment you needed to deal with stinky numales,

>He wouldn't run his mouth the way he does if he got popped on the chin for it.
Not an argument. He wouldn't write any code either if he got popped on the chin hard enough - does that mean that he's a fucking pussy writing code? Is everyone but the strongest person on the planet a fucking pussy according to you?

He's not a PR guy, he's too busy writing code for niceties and circlejerks.

He needs to be like that or certain cancerous groups infect his project more than already is and also these slaps are good so some people get their shit together

>He wouldn't run his mouth the way he does if he got popped on the chin for it.
His wife / body guard is a martial arts expert

-t pottering

No, he's a somewhat benevolent dictator. There's no better way to run something

>All he did was copy existing software.
He imitated Unix. Because Unix makes sense.

If there weren't profound new paradigms it's because he was trying to create something boilerplate that just did things logically.

>It's no easy task, but it's not exactly monumental, either.
Yeah there's only 700,000 commits as of writing this post.

You can't even begin to appreciate the implications of this.

Post again when loaded code to generate a 7-bit display onto a breadboard.

>Ad hominem, circular attacks against others.
Ad-hominem means insulting someone as if it's an argument. He explains why something is stupid and also includes vitriolic language just to get the point across.

>Where "good code" is arbitrarily defined by him.
Seems to be explained pretty well.

It gets a little subjective when you get into discussing paradigms and why things are a good idea but it's always backed up pretty substantially.

>He lives a very comfortable life as a result of cashing in on his own pop-culture status.
Utter bullshit. He's done approximately 3 video interviews over the course of 20 years. He lives in the most pedestrian home there is and he doesn't own much other than a computer.

He's rich (though guess it) because he has stock in his own company and deviants like Red Hat.

>>It's no easy task, but it's not exactly monumental, either.
Idk man, that on top of releasing git in a long weekend. I think you're just buttmad.

its a cry for help

hes a typical mildly socially awkward computer nerd. actual autism is richard stallman.

Its called tough love. something 99% of Sup Forums has never experienced.

>I'll teach you not to be aggressive by being even more aggressive!

lel

You are both retarded but for different reasons.

Mean people get things done.
Nice people get things destroyed.

but drumpf hasnt done anything other than get himself a tax cut

Typical tsun behaviour desu.

that open mouth makes me want to rapidly insert my fist into it.

t. Tanenbaum

based

one is a failure, the other is trying to argue with a failure.

Because he couldn't write a complete OS.

He's from Finland. Finland looks like this 360 days per year: youtube.com/watch?v=5XK9Wh_hEL8
The other days are terrible.

>id buy this man a beer

Wow i didnt know sam hyde made linux

krlunf is not human he is orange

PERPETUALLY MAD HES NOT A BILLIONAIRE LIKE BILL GATES

LINUX RUNS LITERALLY EVERY SERVER ON THE PLANET

ANDROID IS LINUX, BILLIONS OF DEVICES

LICENSING ALONE HE'D BE THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD

Linux is a kernel.

Being mean is finnish culture.
If you can't accept that you are racist.

>It's what happens when you've written the most widely used operating system in existence.
What a load of bullshit.
Linux isn't even a OS...

He's only mean to people who try to ruin his life's work by sending code that will break the system. He's doing exactly what he should be doing in that situation.

because he's a FUCKING HUWHITE MALE!

He did plenty things, some you might like, some you might dislike, but you will never know because his twitter smoke curtain works EVERY TIME.

It is though.

>It's what happens when you've written the most widely used operating system in existence.
Tanenbaum isn't an asshole tho

NSFW=Not Safe For Women

shut up racist, white people aren't allowed to have culture.

huh?

I said white people aren't allow to have culture, you fucking subhuman.

Couldn't make a full os

I don't understand the relevance.

Shut up racist, all Europeans are white! Duh!

HR WAS A MISTAKE

This is why people like Swedes better.

Because people made him the poster boy of a culture he actually doesn't like. That makes him angry.

>SWEDEN

Finns are not white though

It's a facade. Swedes are mean behind your back.

I want to insert, something.

BECAUSE YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY BETTER YOU DUMB STUPID CUNT

Lel, I was just eating the bread that popped up at the end of the ad. Really good rye bread tb.h

t: Finlan

t. butthurt bsd user

Except when he forgot about bugs.

Yes Dragonfly BSD is superior to your Cuck/Linux.

This. They are redpilled behind the curtains.

Sadly his daughters are idiots for computers.

He used to be way nicer but everyone on Sup Forums started calling him a shill and saying his youtube show was shit.

I would be mean too if everyone started treating me badly.

this linustechtips=linus torvalds meme is really fucking shit and unfunny

Because rms memed everyone into calling his OS GNU/Linux instead.

HELLO MY NAME IS LINUS TORVALDS AND I PRONOUNCE LINUX AS LEENOOUUKS

If you'll listen to his voice for just a few seconds you'll understand. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is said through a tightened jaw. Like he's tolerating the world.
For everything he says, you just know he has far more to say on the matter through the force of emotion, but it just doesn't make sense to. So he holds it back to save the argument at hand.

He does have quite a nice voice though. It's quite exciting to my nether regions.

> MINIX
I doubt that's the most widely used OS. It's in every x86 processor (at least from Intel, don't know what AMD uses), but Linux runs on billions of ARM devices too

>It's in every x86 processor
Even this isn't true.

he has to assert dominance over all the lesser nitpicking annoying bickering nerds

he's a Chad basically

More like GNU Hurt developer.

>but also always right

He is the Gordon Ramsay of computers