Which gtx do you use Sup Forums?

Which gtx do you use Sup Forums?

I'm building a new system and need to decide, probably a 1070. Based in Japan so not all models (evga) are available here. i5 8400k. 16gb ddr4. Asus 24 1ms 1920x1080

What a shit time to be buying. Appreciate any advice

1050 Ti, as an every sane people.

1050 Ti

Yeah. Those two guys are right.

Muh niggerz. 1050 Ti is a BEAST!

Looks like your choice is obvious, OP.

Cheers. The asus strix 1050 ti is available on amazon.co.jp for $176

Right now the 1070s are like the same price or more expensive than the 1080s so I would not suggest buying one now. If so, just go for a 1080.

Depending on how high you want settings (it seems like you want to game based on your setup and question) a 1050ti will be fine for high settings low refresh or low settings high refresh.

If you want higher settings at 1080p, go for a 1060 6bg card, I would say thats a pretty good one at the moment for what you need.

A model I would specifically suggest (if you're looking for EVGA) is the 06G-P4-6368-KR.

Prices for 1050ti and 1060 cards havent been hit too badly; I would just avoid the 1070 at the moment.

I'm so jealous you can just go to a fucking BIC camera and buy all the shit in one place

also, I misread. I thought you were looking for EVGA. Regardless, happy hunting

Vega 56

Amd are either crap at writing drivers or failing to admit errors in the silicon though.

Oh well I hardly gaming anywhow

Cheers, that exact model is actually available with a week's shipping on Amazon @ $557.

gtx 1060

ROG STRIX-GTX1060-6G-GAMING

GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD
GV-N1060AORUS-6GD

ZT-P10600A-10L

since you said no EVGA, i listed a few decent alternatives

$557??
holy shit thats buckwild expensive

>ROG STRIX-GTX1060-6G-GAMING
What about AORUS GTX 1060 6GB?

I listed aorus

>I listed aorus
oh, is it any good?

I've never used a gigabyte card. I have generally read good reviews about the aorus line but I feel like theyre a little too big (same with strix) but I would still do a little research before pulling the trigger.

For GPUs, I really like EVGA.

Cheers for all the suggestions. I think I'll go with the 1050ti seeing as it's 2018 and I really don't feel like paying over 500 for old hardware. Plus from what I can gather a new chipset is coming out soon?

I forgot to mention it's gotta fit inside a Corsair carbide air 240 so I'll check the dimensions of those cards

670, haven't really needed to upgrade yet.

what a qt
also I'm using MSi 1070 Gaming X flashed with Gaming Z bios, 2000MHz stock on core while being completely silent. Bought it on launch so it's like 1.5 years old now, no problems etc connected to 120Hz 1080p screen.
If you're on budget or@60Hz you can look at 1050 Ti or 1060 like everyone is suggesting

holy crap are you on gs or mastodon or pleroma at all?

1070ti
No idea what I do with this because I don't even play many games anymore. I'm retarded but at least my nephew is happy with his newly acquired 960 4gb card considering he's coming from intel HD graphics.

SHE COMPENSATED DATES FOR GPUS

>i5 8400k
Woah there anime boi, that processor doesn't exist.

waiting for the next gen gpu's ... 1060/70/80 are stale bread

to be 2 years old in august

Mastodon yes. Never heard of other 2

980ti
I have a vega 64 but i use that for mining

i5 8600k* sumimasen

>compensated
I think you mean traded.

I bought my MSI Gaming X 1080ti at Tsukumo. Cool and quiet.

I'm not shitting on the suggestions of these anons because i own a 1050ti myself, but understand that it won't murder 1080p at ultra presets. If we talking tf2 and csgo, then sure. But AAA titles from 2012-13ish onwards will prove to be a high hurdle.

Especially considering that you own a 1ms screen which probably has a refresh rate higher than 60hz (144?), which gives you the competitive edge, but only if your card can push 60+ frames constantly. The 1050ti might not be able to do that on all games unless settings are downed real big.

My rig runs about 80-100 frames on very high settings / 1366 x 768p for R6S, for your reference. In short, it depends on how you play games.

1. If you're not that AAA kind of gamer and want the comp edge, then 1050ti but watered down graphic settings at 1080p.
2. If you want to overpay for guaranteed 100+ frames on most title at 1080, a 1060 3GB (less vram so you wont be able to go very high - ultra, but more processing power for pure frames)
3. If you want to overpay even more in order to have the "ultra" luxury at 1080p smoothly, 1060 6GB

Anything beyond that for your monitor is a waste.

yeah muh niggers

Yeah it's too big for the Corsair case. Looks good.

I'm getting mine built by sycom.co.jp. they have a new year campaign going so the price is working out cheaper than doing it myself from Amazon or kakaku.com

Thanks for the info.