Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I'm working on a website and I'm trying to figure out a way to get a vintage CRT look on it kind of like pic related but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. I wanted the effects to display over the top of the rest of the HTML and CSS. I was thinking that javascript might work but I've got zero experience using it so I'm not exactly sure where to start.

Any suggestions? Also general vintage tech aesthetic thread

Other urls found in this thread:

andersevenrud.github.io/shell/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that filename triggers me up the wall

hahahaha, it was the default filename when I downloaded it, heres a pretty picture of an IBM office to calm your nerves

set the page font to a adm3a font

whoever named it should lrn2 S/360
nobody leased two supercomputers and that many blinkenlights for a bunch of paper pushers

here's another view from other side of the foreground console to fill the thread with bullshit until someone replies

Genuinely interested in this, so bumping.

There are terminals in linux that imitate that aesthetic, maybe you could take some cues from there.

which is exactly what appears in the image you posted. excuse me, being retarded here.

Might look into WebGL and Fragment Shaders, my boy.

Look at the system space source code

(You)

JavaScript

Well, do it in photoshop and load picture by picture. It's way it's done.

just what the innernette needs
more bloated cancer
unironically kill yourself

If you have enough CSS powers, you can do cool shit like this:

andersevenrud.github.io/shell/

I'm sure someone has written a gl shader for this, you might be able to port it to webgl

>cool shit

It's not cool. It looks stupid. It takes an i7 to emulate 80's hardware. How the fuck is that not retarded?

Use only html, a black background, ASCII and a reasonable text colour like amber, red or green.

Why is the refresh visible? Was that made by someone who's only ever seen a CRT monitor on Youtube filmed by a camera with a conflicting shutter speed?

Anyone remember the Sup Forums Halloween theme?
A good bit of the text had a glow to it and the text itself looked similar to the text on the terminal in OPs picture just with an orange color.
I could never figure out what made the text glow I figured it was a CSS thing or something

>univac 1108 and system/370 in the same computer room
How come they haven't torn each other apart yet?

>two supercomputers
They're probably the low-end models.

Even if that is so, it's not like you can tell the browser to render the page off-screen so that you can run it through your shader.

>cool shit
>trash that eats cpu cycles without having any actual content of worth
the innernette truly is kill