Windows: Dead outside gaming use
Android: Insecure but still dominant OS worldwide
OSX: Perfect for all uses
iOS: Perfect for all uses
Linux: Waste of time for mainstream use

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPRvc2UMeMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Windows: Games games gamesgames games games Office shitty updates and shitty font rendering
Android: Getting better over the years but it's hard to beat the lag, also it will never replace desktop OSes
OSX: Slower but stable and simplistic, no fucking around
Linux: There is no instance in which I don't have to do some fuckery to make something specific work or convince myself that I don't need X or Y or to limit myself to a shittier alternative. However KDE is pretty nice I must say. Also yeah more of a waste of time, that's for damn sure.

>rate the OSes by the amount you're paid to shill

Android is unironically the best-designed OS overall currently. NO other OS has such a good hidpi scaling. And systemless modifications(like in Magisk) is something desktop Linux should adopt. Google should have re-done audio stack from the ground as well though, like they did with graphics stack, the latency is pretty bad there.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=CPRvc2UMeMI

Nothing has changed.

Seemed a nice thread at first.
Turns out it's an Apple shill.
Sage.

Windows: works ok. Sometimes there are issues with very new hardware. Decent selection of free programs.

Android: a frustrating mess of an operating system. Play store is a cesspool, and the whole OS lacks configurability

OSX: used to look really nice, now it just looks like linux. OSX is hard to love, since it doesn't really have anything going for it. Mail.app is very nice.

iOS: see Android, but somehow worse. If you thought the play store was a cesspool of shitty software, the app store is much worse. The selection of free useful applications is dreadful.

Linux: just werks, good selection of free (no cost) useful software. Can't play games. Most distros are a waste of time but there are probably over 100 that have their shit together.

Blackberry10: simple, clean, noapps. the blackberry hub is one of my favorite mail clients of all time. The android version is unusable.

Thats every OS I've used as my "daily driver". I've experimented with BSD, Solaris, Irix, CP/M, MS-DOS, but not enough to really comment on them.

Windows: was OK up to and including XP. every version since then is a creepy 'holy fuck I was resurrected in a techno-distopian future for someone's nefarious ends' trip. I refuse to have to do anything with it, my desktop PC still runs XP SP3, no Internet. stolen software is stolen and nicely installed, I'm not going to touch that house of cards.

OSX: the pain never goes away, but it is also constant, so you get used to it. everything is either really simple to do or completely impossible, tertium non datur. pretends to be unixoid for no good reason. it's free for a very weird interpretation of 'free'.

iOS: impermanence is part and parcel of life. don't befriend any features, they'll be massacred in the next version. your stuff will be lost every third year when an upgrade goes south, and yet you'll feel the urge to upgrade as soon as the new version is available, hoping for new useful features that should have been in there from v1.0. for reference, copy and paste between apps debuted in v3

Linuces: maybe changing settings should not be significantly more difficult than setting their initial values during installation. maybe the fonts should be smaller and the empty space around them is also unneeded - the same desktop can host much more information on Windows than on Linux. maybe Ubuntu should not have thrown away my hard-earned custom settings with every upgrade (it may have been the doing of Gnome, but still)

/-------------------------------

For programming: Linux, OSX tied with Windows
For stereotypical liberal arts use: OSX, Windows, Linux
For gaming: Windows, OSX, hopelessness, Linux
For web- and database servers: Linux, pakistani migrants doing it by hand, Windows

windows: trash on all levels
android: pajeet trash on almost all levels
osx: was good once
iOS: ok for phones
linux: shit kernel by a hack, freetards still cant figure out how to make it acceptable to use for a regular consumer
plan 9: absolutely godlike

What is OSes?

>was OK up to and including XP.
smelly dumb underage poster

Windows: only for gaems and probably graphics design, inconvenient and suspicious for other purposes; no proper update system
Android: OK but only for custom AOSP based ROMs, stocks are usually outdated shit with undeletable bloatware
OSX, iOS: dunno, probably some kind of linux-windows mixture but is designed specifically for several models of overpriced machines and provides freedom of actions that's even less than on windows, no idea what kind of person would use that
Linux: pretty convenient to use, can be configured to be fast and look comfy, but drastically decreases your self-esteem when something breaks and you try to fix it by yourself; also has issues with some hardware

>smelly dumb underage poster
I'm 52 and what is this.

windows: stable and versatile api, xp and 7 was great, 10 is fine for gaming, shame that it has no package management

Linux: works well for me because of experience, online support and convenience utilities like pulseaudio. Hate the patchwork decentralized nature of it.

OpenBSD: my current affair. I don't care about security because I wouldn't trust commercial computers anyway. But I like the compact and precision engineered nature of it. Difficult to configure specific things like mouse wheel emulation or usb audio, and get started without clear examples online.

Android: messy, but works. Must-have in my home coutry to get train tickets etc, "we" apparently really like (((modern technology))). Somewhat enjoyable with an open source setup: lineage and f-droid.

macOS: great for now, but Apple filosophy doesn't sound too good to me. They will probably need to maintain it for keeping up their gadget software ecosystems, though.

have watched digitalrev for years, the topgear , old British one, of camera shit.

Windows: Dead outside gaming use
Android: Good for long term use mobile device
IOS: Good for short term use mobile device
OSX: Good and comfy laptop operating system
Linux: Good Desktop operating system

Use chocolatey for windows package management. It works... well enough.

>Windows 7, 10: 7/10
Sometimes works, sometimes glitches hard, fucking updates. A lot of games and useful apps.
>GNU/Linux (Ubuntu, Debian): 9/10
Once it started working, it works. Nice non-forced updating. WINE runs majority of Windows Apps without any horsepower losses. Free as speech and beer.
Different DEs make system feel different. My favorite is XFCE....
>Mac OS X (before 10.9): 9/10
Good looking, working-out-of-the-box OS, doesn't glitch, doesn't force to update, WINE. Really smooth.
>mac OS: 5/10
What the fuck Apple? What a shitty interface? Why Spotlight should be in the center of screen? Experience ruined. Shitty updates, every update something new stops working. Requires lubricant. Glitches even harder, that Windows 98 on 486 cpu with 16 mb of RAM.
>Android: 8/10
Same as GNU/Linux, but 8/10 because stupid phone manufacturers bloat it from factory hard.
>Windows 9x: 7/10
Glitched hard sometimes, but was a standard, and there were no alternative.
>Windows 2000, XP: 8/10
The best Windowses ever made. New NT-kernel and it were relatively glitchless. Could run on old hardware like Pentium MMX.
>MS-DOS: 10/10
Best OS by Microsoft. Glitched like... never, works on all hardware...

>Windows: Dead outside gaming use
>Android: retard OS
>OSX: Perfect for all uses
>iOS: retard OS
>Linux (good distro): Perfect for most uses
>Linux (bad distro): trash

They all suck but in different ways.
GNU/Linux has the best chances of not sucking too much in the future.

Windows: Necessary Evil
Android: I hope you like never having updates
macOS: Facebook machine/toy
iOS: Status product/toy
Linux: I'm a special snowflake/I use it on my servers because that's what its for.