AMD envented 64bit

AMD envented 64bit

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/510897/why-did-intel-drop-the-itanium
intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/microarchitecture/intel-64-architecture-general.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, but they made it relevant.

They championed the 64 bit extension to the x86 architecture.
They also brought and pushed dual core processors into the mainstream when Intel was still trying to push hyperthreading on single core.

>No, but they made it relevant.

Because Itanic or POWER were relevant amirite?

They didn't invent it, but they were the first to push it for x86. That's why the architecture is named amd64 in the Linux kernel, rather than any Intel name. Based Linus Torvalds.

Also AMD was first to hit 5gorillionhurts with a cpu.

>Based Noun
This is 4channel speak correct? Yes this appeals to my age group.
>Kuwat posted it again
Flags on Sup Forums when?

Nintendo invented the first 64bit computer

>This is 4channel speak correct?
Yes.

at the cost of setting motherboards on fire

>Yes
Based 4channel

>Because Itanic or POWER were relevant amirite?
For 64bit yes, because they were better with 64bit software than the x86 extention, no?

>2017
>intel cpus hitting 5.0
>motherboards on fire, vrm designs across the board are disasters
Comparing the new rampage board with an Intel cpu, hell even the 10 core, and the old crosshair v formula which was the comparable "top end" product for the house fire 9590, the crosshair didn't even need active cooling, but the new rampage+Intel needs a fucking monoblock

To be fair the fx9590@5ghz had a single core performance that was similar to a laptop core2, so maybe being the first to hit 5ghz wasn't such a big deal.

Itanic performs much worse and isn't used by anyone because it wasn't worth optimizing all the software for the way it handled branch prediction.
POWER is used for some servers but it's really high end. Which is why most of the server on this planet uses x86-64 CPUs.

Apple invented the tablet computer.

After meltdown and spectre so does Intel lel

In other news: 11 year old boy invents computers with $600
You did not achieve anything OP, more fool you; shame on you.

Nup, dey scewed 64-bit to x86

>Itanic performs much worse
What the actual fuck ove?
It performed worse in 32 bit operations, which was natural because being a pure 64bit architecture it only emulated 32bit, but it performed better with 64bit operations than the 64bit extension to x86 that amd developed.
The extension flourished, because intel adopted it, and intel adopted it due to consumer pressure.
How old are you user?

>You did not achieve anything OP, more fool you; shame on you.
OP here I invented the nixie clock, and solder cpus on my spare time.

Old enough to use Google grampa.
superuser.com/questions/510897/why-did-intel-drop-the-itanium

But my intel cpu is doing just fine, and my fx9590 is still you know, still kind of l pile of shit. Explain that fucking conundrum.

>Old enough to use Google grampa.
Oh so you're speaking on second hand experience. I can see why people hate millenials now.

Typical Sup Forums poster not updating windows or running linux

This is correct
>The extension flourished, because intel adopted it, and intel adopted it due to consumer pressure.
This guy is a retard.

>Typical Sup Forums poster not updating windows or running linux
But I updated everything including os, and motherboard user. The fx9590 is still a turd, and my intel cpu is alright.

>what is DEC Alpha

>t. NEETs

Collage is so big and packed with so many images it is hard to appreciate how hilarious it is. Make a better version.

>Make a better version.
Ask on discord, or /r/amd.

>second hand experience.
not even him, but if the "I was already jizzing myself watching Baywatch while you were still shitting yourself" you may as well kindly KYS. That's not an argument, it's only retarded. user made a point citing Nicole Hamilton's experience and knowledge, which is pretty much more relevant than yours.

Many keks

>nokia invented flip phones

>many keks
-le threadripperguy
Watch out everyone a namefag has given multiple Sup Forums "keks" of approval.

Nintendo did

Does it say intel64? No, so stfu retard.

Microsoft invented the GUI (Goo-wee).

Nintendo is the most underappreciated innovator in tech.

>intel64
intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/microarchitecture/intel-64-architecture-general.html

>intel.com
Get your Jew propaganda out of here. I'm sure they would love to reinvent history by just saying they were first enough until everyone who knows the truth is dead.

*Gee-Yoo-Eye

>hey guys we could just call it gee-you-eye, takes about as long to say and that way everyone knows what you're talking about
>no fuck you we'll call it gooey
Americans shouldn't get to name things.

Not our language, not our problem. Blame the English people, since you know, they decide these things.

AMD64 is their ISA, Intel was cucked into licensing it.

They did not invent 64bit, but almost all desktops use AMD64 instruction set dip shit.

>explain
you are incompetent

Not pronouncing it "hoo-wee".
Not even him, but even I can tell that you just jumped in from discourse just to save your same gender life partner.

We can name anything we invent however we want

>hoo-wee
Do you perhaps wear a cowboy hat at work?

Apple invented the mp3 player.

>doesn't even play mp3s

>Do you perhaps wear a cowboy hat at work?
Shut your mouth gweilo.

America invented
airplanes
refrigerators
telephone
computers
freedom
democracy
light bulbs
antibiotics

Yeah well Italians invented pizza

Forget high level coding without pizza