It's dead, Jim

Where were you when DNScrypt was kill?

github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/
twitter.com/jedisct1/status/928942292202860544

The official website dnscrypt.org/ even redirects to a site promoting "DNS-over-TLS" instead, a so-called standard pushed by Google...

Is it dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

dnscrypt.org/
github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>dnscrypt.org/
fugg, this has to be somekind of joke right.

Have been using DNScrypt for awhile now.

What the fuck? It's real.
Fucking jews at Google

It's fucking real

>DNS-over-TLS
Gee, thanks Google.

What's wrong with DNS-over-TLS? Okay so it's pushed by our arch nemesis Google but other than that how is DNS-over-TLS itself bad?

Ugghhh.....
What happens to all the resolvers now?

Still werks fine
But for how long? Fuck this. I can't bypass 4chin anymore on my uni if dnscrypt is kill

>Google pushing for privacy
You just know there's a hole in it they can exploit

FUCK YOU GOOGLE
FUCK YOU GOOGLE
FUCK YOU GOOGLE

I wish I could go back and tell to all my friends not to use (((google)))

They've got away like a magical fairy dust.

Yes, they own a end server? Look, what a hole. Like on facebook :D

lack of servers (if that's a new goto this will get fixed with time)
full TLS handshake on ever DNS request, this might, but not necessarily, be costful, e.g. browsers cache DNS requests but OS doesn't, it's way more overhead than just UDP packet out and in
but dnscrypt was trash from cryptography point of view

Yes. That way they would be dependent on magical fairy dust too.

Because nobody was competent to compete. 2015 was kinda point where it was reversible, but now google chan is adult, self responsible, fucking crazy, and only entity which can get rid responsibility of it self, let's trust her.

In fact her cars are solving captcha better than you, so I'm on her side besides of being possibly anihilated.

But os is not making many DNS requests, until you are downloading packets, and if you are downloading plenty of packages, and you check in recent manuals of downloading packages, you are advised to have it encrypted.

When I'm about to buy a portable device, somebody introduces another TSL. What a.. wonderfull world to live in.

I'm not sure that's the current state of all the package managers, but well implemented packages don't rely on authenticated connection with server
>OS is not making many DNS requests
Programs delegate DNS requests to OS, I haven't moved everything to browser. My computer does tons of DNS queries that are not cached. Surely local caching server is an answer but I'm lazy.

also if you make properly checked TLS connection based on spoofed DNS response, it will fail on checking domain (wink wink on python's built-in implementation that does not check domains)

Well fuck me it's true.

Have been using it for a few years now, never had a problem.

If dns-over-tls is a better standard then i have no problem switching, but only if it's supported by a dns resolver i trust.

Anyone knows that's the state of DTLS and TLS-over-DTLS? Sounds like it reduces overhead of TCP and TLS handshake of DNS-over-TLS, but haven't seen anyone actually using it or promoting it.

what resolver do you use with dnscrypt?

WHY

shit, I've still got it on my PC though. Do you guys want me to put it on GitHub? I only have the binaries though...

Fuck this guy for real.

>"err i don't use it anymore so DELET"
thanks you fucking brainlet

from his personel acc yes, there is official dnscrypt acc
github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy

Does OpenNic have DTLS servers?
Can i run DTLS with unbound? I might try it if the answer to both is yes.

Fuck fuck fuck I've been using it for the last couple of years. Normal DNS servers are hijacked here in Turkey. No matter what you use it's been spoofed and government can easily block websites.

Since dnscrypt, I've been able to access every website that's been blocked. I hope someone will take over the maintainer role and development will continue.

did he receive a letter from from DGSE?

it has always been dead.

What about 8.8.8.8?

Was it ever open

>github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/
>404

muh open sources

Spoofed/hijacked don't know the exact term but I can't access blocked websites with Google DNS, OpenDNS or any other DNS service except dnscrypt.