Most studied languages in USA

Most studied languages in USA

1) Spanish is the most studied language in the US, with 50% of college students choosing to learn Spanish.
2) French is next at just over 12%
3) American Sign Language is studied by 7% of students
4) German is studied by 5%
5) Italian is next at just over 4%

Most studied languages in the world

1) English
2) French
3) Spanish
4) Italian
5) Chinese

Thanks breh

mosalingua.com/en/most-studied-languages-in-the-world/

>they fell for the "French is cool, guys!" meme

What does the green squares mean?

Regions where it is a minority language because expats or historical reason

I'm learning German and Swedish and will never waste my precious time learning a disgusting romance language.

French is Germanic desu

I've been trying to get jobs in city and state government and I'm finding that pretty much any job that requires interaction with the public
requires you to be bilingual in Spanish.
Pretty much the same in any entry level management or supervisor position in the private sector. I'm in a small town and its all because of the farm laborers.

They're missing out tbqh

I remember having to take Spanish classes in high school. I got straight A's in every class except Spanish, where I always maintained a C average. It is impossible for me to learn another language, literally impossible. Idk how you guys from non native English speaking countries learned English, when I can't even learn beginners spanish.

immersion

SPIC'D

why do you namefag outside of /mena/

is being an emirati arab really something you should wave around like that

you don't interact with the 70% of people that can't learn english either?

your loss desu

Not learning binary

01010010 01100101 01101101 01101001 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 00100000 00001101 00001010 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100110 01100001 01100111 01100111 01101111 01110100

honestly learning a language other than english is a waste of time, except maybe mandarin.
and machine translators are improving a lot year after year so yeah.

I do it mainly b/c people think I'm a white degenerate lol

What the fuck even is the point of mandarin
What good is talking with the average chink, every chink worth your attention speaks English anyway

Point is, learning a language other than English for business is plain retarded. It's worth it if you plan on moving to a place where it is spoken, or if you just think it sounds good

>Spanish is the most studied language in the US, with 50% of college students choosing to learn Spanish.

I can't wait to do like anglos and shitpost about how I don't need to be bilingual since "everyone" speaks my language already. The effect of millions of americans speaking mexican on the internet will be horrible, but it's a worthy sacriface.

>talks about disgusting
>learning swedish

Swedish is a good language with lots of blonde ladies

>I can't wait to do like anglos and shitpost about how I don't need to be bilingual

only americans do that

See In most nations where the only contact with english is school people never really learns it. Try to go to spain with just english, outside of touristic areas, see what happens.

t. speaks french

lmao

>americans would rather learn naruto spell-casting gestures than a real language
What a sad nation

Blonde ladies are shit and nordics are either fat or have manjaws to make it worst.

Kek I wish.

>not wanting a broad manjawed son

>I'm gonna fuck a man with vagina so my sons look nice

wew, borderline homo

Yeah, the time where people were impressed because you were bilingual or trilingual is long over.
Now you can go to any country and find people speaking English everywhere, learning other language is pretty much useless.

Lie lol.

Even here where literallt EVERYBODY under 30 speaks perfect English and French people are impressed if you speak a third or fourth language. Although a lot of people here speak 3 languages fluently.

Such is life in multicultural bilingual metropolis.

In my experience there's countries where basic knowledge of the local language is very welcomed by locals. Even if you cannot really communicate in the language, you erase possible hostilities against tourists and they will treat you better.

I Spain it works if you can say something other than cervesa per fevooor.

Also this. Here in Quebec, a nation well known for being xenophobic, we will actually be super happy if you try to speak French.

Except if you are an arab or black.

quiero joder con tu mujeres españolas, poco niño español

>a nation

>Now you can go to any country and find people speaking English everywhere
Good luck doing that anywhere in Europe outside Britbongia or cucked nordic countries
Or asian countries
Or Middle-East
Or Africa

wtf? canada is not xenophobic

i've communicated with many russian people on the internet in perfect english

he's a french speaking special snowflake tho

French is the language of poverty.

>I've communicated with 0.001% of russian population which can speak perfect english
Fixed that for you

>quiero follar con tus mujeres españolas, pequeño niño español

>American Sign Language is studied by 7% of students

usefull when your face is stuffed with food and you can't talk desu

>when brown people get salty about their irrelevant language

salty what, I was giving (you) a hand

The chilean corrected you well, people would not understand you the way you wrote it (specially the poco niño part).

Joder means fucking but people uses it mostly for swearing, it practically has lost it's sexual meaning.

No because you're an american and your hands are full of food too.

A nation isnt necessarily sovereign.

But we are. Somewhat. The values and such of Quebec differ from the rest of Canada. So our opinion on stuff is very different. In Quebec safeguarding our culture and language is extremely important so we have tons of laws to prevent us to lose is. Anglos dont have that so you can see parts of vancouver where everything is in Chinese. Here that is literally illegal.

Up until the 60s and the Quiet Revolution French Canadians were an oppressed majority. It wasnt until tons of measures that led to anglos to leave Western Montreal en masse that we were really in control of our own land.

Considering it took so long to earn a modicum of independance when it comes to our territory, the population is ready to fight tooth and nails against yet another menace against our cultural heritage and our language.

While I am not a separatist myself I understand the movement very well and its annoying to see these young Montreal cucks who embrace foreign cultures completely to the point of abandonning their own heritage. Thankfully thats just a minority.

Hope that explains it.

nation =/= country, Nigel.

>Italian

why?

Same thing with most Americans. Our only contact with Spanish is school and Mexican immigrants that can mostly speak at least broken English anyway. And we have little to no use for it on the internet because everybody is already speaking English.