Why couldn't they create one ex-colony worth anything?

Why couldn't they create one ex-colony worth anything?

France and England did a good job.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_von_Humboldt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>France did a good job

Quebec m8

...Even though your grandchildren will be fluent in Spanish.

>France did a good job

But we have America, mr. Chi.

Their colony is colonising America. That makes the US analgolous to the anus of the human centipede

murrican centiPEDO

Ok apart from Quebec France and Portugal did a much worse job than Spain. France pretty much took the niggers and Portuguese took literally who.

>niggers

And chinks!

Quebec and Mauritius m8

M8, everything which is around the Mississippi was french, we just lent it to you after the seven years war and you gave it to us like 20 years after. You were just niggering over the Rio Grande desu.

Some ex colonies are just fine, i mean Québec, Canada, US around the Mississippi river, Morroco, Tunisia, Vietnam, Gabon.
The others, i agree that's kinda shitholes.

While we took over Puerto Rico, Guam and the Philippines who are way more American than Spanish

Just like you're fluent in English? :^)

>France did a good job
MDR

Spain created a bunch of mediocre countries - none are the worst places in the world, none are the best

Britain was a mixed bag - some are the best places in the world, the rest are some of the worst

Same with France

Stop calling Quebec a French colony, they abandoned it. Quebecois were literally niggers living in Tree forts with a few gothic Churches until the British took the place. The union jack was Quebcs flag for a long time, Queen Victoria had to approve their coat of arms. The union jack has been in Quebec's parliament for ever a hundred years until the 1950's.

Because we didnt kill all the people that lived there and/or 100% destroyed their culture.

>England did a good job

There is literally nothing wrong with residential schools or giving squaws a good proper christian education.

USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand

That's why colonialism isn't a bad word to us

India is much more developed than Bolivia or Peru

POO

Better than getting cartel'd to death

We may never know.

The Philippines was ours though

If you're gonna count Quebec, then why not former Spanish colonies in the US itself? Those are pretty successful.

for 50 years vs almost 400

The British empire and their colonies were completely trash until the beginning of the nineteen century.

Take a look at the monument and old buildings in México DF and compare it with the thirteen colonies, or another parts of the british empire.

The US has by far had more influence though

That's why English is the first language there

So the only place where we sent a lot of whites, it became a good place

makes you think isn't it?

St. Pierre et Miquelon are great, all white, perfectly safe, and first world.
Granted, 90% of the world think they're Canadian, but c'est la vie pêh

Only England did a good job French colonies are terrible even they know that.

Algeria was dope when you guys were there

>heavily outnumber quebecers
>canada becomes a bilingual country

new levels of cuckism desu

No, it's the first language because you killed 10% of the filipino population, includind the hispanic elites.

That's why you hate the hispanic inmigrants in your country, because it makes you remember your criminal past.

Most of tbe time that's what worked for the Brits too. Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, are all heaveyweight contenders for best country on earth, all are former Anglo colonies inhabited by Anglos (and some French in Canada) .
The only outliers are Singapore, Hong Kong, and maybe one or 2 others.

By and large the best form of colonisation is to remove locals, replace with Euros, set up a western Euro new world nation, profit.

Those fuckers cant even genocide properly! Decided to stop after barely starting. Look at northern america/australia, minus 2 continents of people in just a few centuries, thats what i call efficient.

Arguable. Their culture and cuisine bears heavy traces from the Spanish rule, and they still all have Spanish names.

Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories, the only officially bilingual province is New Brunswick.
(Québec is officially French)

>The British empire and their colonies were completely trash until the beginning of the nineteen century.
>Take a look at the monument and old buildings in México DF and compare it with the thirteen colonies, or another parts of the british empire.

No. There was great opportunities, resources and wealth in British North Americas and ANZAC. If you're equating giant stone monuments and outrageous cathedrals = success and luxury then you're a fool. Literally the equivalent of a ghetto nigger putting $2000 rims on a 80's Buick and saying "NIGGA WE MADE IT".

I'm actually not too sure what cultural heritage the US left behind there aside from English

>Hong Kong

Honorary Anglos tbqh.

>Anglos
>being the cucked ones
Pourquoi tu mens ?

m8 It's literally a fishing Island with 6000 people that live on our good graces of export from Newfoundland. It's cozy sure, but it's like literally anywhere else in the maritimes except it speaks French.

I have to thank Spain for the Colonization.
It's beautiful. I hope the future's brighter.

Nobody outside of Quebec speaks French though. Everything written is Bilingual because Quebec are terrorists and FLQ bomb and kill people. Francohpohnies are literally ISIS Even New Brunswick speaking French is a meme.

If you were colonized by the Brits you'd be a first world country

Im not even sure you can count Latin America as part of Western Civilization IMO

This is true, as is what I said
Sometimes the Maritimes speak French too à la l'acadie dans nouveau-brunswick

this desu

This, cowboys are from spain, rodeó bullfighting etc

>too à la l'acadie dans nouveau-brunswick

Acadians are a meme. You can live in New Brunswick for a decade and never hear French.

Haiti

>No. There was great opportunities, resources and wealth in British North Americas and ANZAC.

America was almost always a better place to live than Europe, even in the british colonies.

The monuments means two things: first, that Spain really cared about their viceroyalties, and two: the wealth of the empire.

Another arguments could be Balmis expedition or the Humboltd description of the american viceroyalties where he confirms that the quality of life in the spanish empire were better than in Europe. For example, the mining wages or the mining mexican school.

Why you don't find one of the reason why the thirteen colonies wanted to be independent? It's pretty related with New Spain.

Like the other user says, if Quebec is a french "good job" we get California and Texas which makes us the ultimate succesful colonists.

Are from andalusia and we call them vaqueros

Anglo countries are boring and fucked up.
Here you see thing's you won't find anywhere else in the world.
Don't even get me started on Franco countries.

algeria wasn't a colony it was annexed into France so we couldn't just exploit it.

>tfw algeria will annex france

>NB speaking French is a meme

It's true that it isn't going as well as planned, but the dirt poor province spends $10 million+ a year on billingual initiatives, and good luck getting most jobs in Moncton-Dieppe (the actual largest city, St. John fuck off) if you aren't functionally billingual. Plus with the new Français/English immersion program the youth are successeding, by 2035 NB will be predominantly bilingual, or at least as bilingual as Frenglish/Chiraq count. It's a bizarre hybrid language anyway.

Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia are fucked up?

that's why hitler admired the british empire. spreading whites everywhere.

Not to mention philipino language is full of spanish words. We did a good job considering all we did for 400 years was sending some randome missionary and a couple of soldiers.

HK and Singapore are port towns though, that's different than the type of shenanigans spain and france pulled by exploiting the natural resources of their colonies with brutal oppression. Portuguese holdings like in Goa, Macau, and Nagasaki all flourished compared to say, Angola, where they took a more traditional European approach. If you only control trade and not the means of production things turn out more prosperously for the local population and you don't need to kill them and replace them with Euros because those places attract educated, talented locals looking to make a buck

canada still has two official languages

Yeah.
They're boring.

Those cunts were nothing back then now it's a different story.

I have lived here going on 3 decades, in a hardcore loyalist Anglo area and I hear French at least weekly. That's not including the French tv and radio stations, just people talking around town.
Fuck, 99% of the time all peopke in customer service greet you with the phrase "Hello/Bonjour (soir)"

m8 are you honestly saying Spanish south America was better than British controlled North America because of some stone monuments and some obscure review by some nobody? It's also a cop out too bring up American independence for the quality of the colony. My analogy of the ghetto nigger putting expensive rims on a shitbox car is perfect here.

If I'm around B1 in Spanish what level should I be after spending 2 semesters there while taking 2 spanish classes a semester?

>New Brunswick speaking French is a meme.
not it isn't

>He honestly buys into the great initiative of bilingualism working in the Maritimes

Nobody will escape American cultural hegemony. Not even Quebec. They will be speaking English in less than a hundred years lmao.

No you didn't. No they don't.

When you're able to talk in dialect you've made it.

It really is. Nobody under 40 can speak French. Any kid in a French immersion school forgets everything.

I guess it was the same with USA and Cuba before Fidel. It was just a wasteland for the rich people go fuck some prostitutes and gamble.

Now you're just shit posting famalam.
I have and NB has plenty of both French and English, especially among young people.

The Spanish colonies broke away too soon, plus the Catholic church discouraged the slave trade unlike mainstream protestantism which made it harder for the Ex-Spanish colonies to build an economy.

>It really is. Nobody under 40 can speak French. Any kid in a French immersion school forgets everything.
ok, but over 40 is still probably bout third (easily) of the province and about half those guys can speak french easily

do you live in the east coast?

Wow thanks Paco

Construya el muro

What French colony is doing well?

The old French immersion style failed, but you have it somewhar backwards, no Anglos over 40 can speak much French. Of course they are old fashioned and still think metric and celcius are memes too.
The newer immersion programs are much more successful and many youth know a decent measure of French especially reading and writing.

Don't forget Singapore.

Your writing hurts my eyes.

>If you were colonized by the Brits you'd be a first world country

Well no, we wouldnt exist, mexico wouldnt be mexico, just another vanilla white anglo country, we are culturally and genetically a mix, that shit wouldnt fly with english colonialism, they either slaughter and repopulate or if the native population is too large just exploit and fuck over the locals

Dont know why gringos love to dick riding the brits in this particular subject, america came to be what is today on its own right and with many other groups that came after the colonial times, colonialism had little to nothing to do with it, unlike the rest of former brit clay you un-cuck yourself out of the cuckmon wealth and pay no respect to the old hag other than the one she is deserved too have as a foreign representative, no putting her on your money or some other servient shit like that

Its the perfect setting for an AMERICA FUCK YEAH kind of feel, yet many of you lust over some warm queen cum running down your chin

Meh
Oui, c'est vrai

France killed off all the natives in Haiti and it made it worse

>by some nowbody
Are you fucking serious?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_von_Humboldt

> It's also a cop out too bring up American independence for the quality of the colony.

It wasn't only for the wealth of New Spain, but for the right that the spanish criollos have (the more obvious is being a viceroyalty and not a colony).

>My analogy of the ghetto nigger putting expensive rims on a shitbox car is perfect here.

So, it's the Empire State nigger tier? Or the Pentagon? Were nigger tier the aqueducts, or the old Spanish trail, or the massive forts?

I already told you how the miners wages were the highest in the world at that time. Mexico was the biggest city at that time in the world and had also the highest number of carriages.

I'm telling you facts and you are just pushing memes or saying that the criollos were nigger tier.

BUILD THE WALL

Créoles and slave natives killed off all the French in Haiti and made it worse

Go for it

Yeah seriously

I don't consider the USA an Anglo country. We're more German and Russian and Italian than Anglo

We were late to the colonisation game due to our civil war, so got stuck with the shitty non-exploitable colonies.

No, that's bullshit. You know posting bilingual signs means nothing. We have that everywhere in Canada.

I use to live in NB.

French immersion has failed everywhere spectacularly. Go ahead and repeat more memes about how Francophonie Port au choix is too while you're at it. It's not gonna happen. American culture is too stronk and young people couldn't give a fuck and forget whatever they learn in a matter of years.

AYYY

>the northern ireland of canada

ok m8

I'd love for Cucknadia to take all the spics off our hands

Because they took slaves from Africa there with little to no formal education and then just left them to run the country by themselves.

>Are you fucking serious?

Yes. He's a fucking nobody.

>It wasn't only for the wealth of New Spain, but for the right that the spanish criollos have (the more obvious is being a viceroyalty and not a colony).

Well that sure didn't pan out now did it.

>I'm telling you facts and you are just pushing memes or saying that the criollos were nigger tier.

WE WUZ KANGS WE PAID OUR MINERS MORE N SHEIT WE HAD GIANT STONE THINGS DAT WUZ BETTER DEN DA BRITISH COLONIES NS SHEEIT. NIGGA WE MADE IT!.

Sorry, it's only appropriate too reply in memes here because you're an Idiot. If it was so much better why is north Africa tier now? You're Spanish though so it makes sense.