ITT: Country misconceptions you had as a kid

ITT: Country misconceptions you had as a kid

When I was a kid, I thought the Netherlands was the place you go to when you die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7R1E4cjZA8
youtube.com/watch?v=uQnhkA5t7s8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

USA is white.
Sweden is great country.

Don't come into my thread just to meme ever again

When I was a kid, I only knew Finland was a place from a joke on Spongebob, and I thought there must be a lot of fish there because it's called Finland

I couldn't tell Germany and Russia apart for some reason.both seemed scary to me.

Hawaii is a country

I thought that if you stayed in the bath for too long you would melt just because I saw the wrinkles on my fingers and more importantly because my mom was a lying bitch
But that's cool

When I was an older kid/young teenager, I thought the Japanese word Kawaii and the name Hawaii were somehow related

I thought Africa was a country and Botswana was its capital

i thought that the entirety of north america was one country when i was really young

Wait it isn't the case?

Might as well be true desu
Canada = mini US
Mexico = all moving into US so also US

>I thought there must be a lot of fish there because it's called Finland
cute

I thought Sweden and Switzerland was the same country because it sounds similar in turkish
İsviçre - İsveç

North America is US and Canada.

Everything south of the border is Africa 2.0.

English speakers do this too even though they are less similar in English

I thought that being born in the biggest country is cool. Yeah....

it used to be

i thought girl become pregnant if a boy kisses her on her lips.

Only for the short time between when we gave it independence and the americans coup'ed it

and the long time before captain cook arrived

I thought the Antarctic was Australia's territory when I was a kid

I thought America was just on the other side of the hill about 2km away. Turned out Antarctica was a few thousand km in that direction.

I used to think there was a country between Italy and France, south of Germany and that Austria was much smaller. I don't remember what I thought it was, but it was big enough that Italy was significantly further to the right than it actually is, along with the rest of the continent. It was a rectangular shaped country.

Only reason why we are thought to be 'mini US' is because we are not fat like your country.

When is was a little kid i used to believe the Czech Republic was still called Bohemia and thought Austria had access to the sea.

> used to think there was a country between Italy and France, south of Germany

There is, it's called Switzerland

I thought Bohemia was part of Germany or maybe Austria

I thought USA was free when I was a kid then Edward Snowden taught me otherwise

I thought Australia was one big prairie filled with Kangaroos and if you drove far enough to the edge you'd reach civilization which was mostly full of animal tamers and burnt British-like people

>we are not fat like your country.

I thought my uncle lived in London while he actually lives in Espoo, which is the next city from here.

I always found it weird how we didn't have to cross water to get there, but otherwise everything made sense.

Shit me too.

>espoo

Heheheh

Also that reminds me of when I thought my mom was alive for Lincoln's assassination

I thought modern usa was where canada is and that wild west cowboy country was where usa is

I thought other countires outside of western europe and north america contributed to the advancement of civilization

wait. It is not?

I thought the USA wasn't a communist country.

i thought that south africa was sub Saharan tier
that russia was a first world country
and that turks spoke arabic

I thought Sweden made red gummy fish

i thought the past was actually in black and white

Wait you mean it isn't? Then why am I here?

I thought America was civilized

I thought that races didn't exist. I just thought that people down south were more tanned than people who lived in the north.

but race is a social construct

I lived in a army base in Germany for a few years and I thought Germany was an American state because alot of the people understood English

I thought Switzerland(Suíça) and Sweden (Suécia) bordered each other, I got a bit shocked when I found out they didn't

That's basically true.

Just to suffer

You haven't been out of the country, have you?

I thought everything shown in Hollywood movies happened really in America

I thought Alaska was Spain since they told us all the Mexicans came from Spain

Me too! I thought girls got pregnant from kissing.

I also thought women had 2 pussies. A front one and a back one because of doggy style.

Also I thougt the world was just 4 countries-India,Pakistan, America, British empire and China

I thought Europe was the size of a city and I could do a bike ride and end up in Spain

Pls translate gif

India-Pakistan,I thought they were a single country in civil war

I thought women just had an asshole and no penis, they peed, pooped, and got pregnant all through one hole, instead of three

I thought that USA was a country of super-goodie superhero commandos that deal order and justice across the planet.

Serbs are constantly planning invasions on Croatia and will never stop. I was convinced that in Red Alert 1, GDI were Croats and Nod were Serbs. I was also under the impression that when a new generation grows up, they go to war with Serbs, I thought that it was the natural cycle of life.

I thought the heavens was up in the sky and can be reached by going above clouds

Well you probably could of you lived far enough south in France

When it comes to whites that's pretty true

How fucking braindead do you have to be to join the American army? Fucking hell.

I thought Germany was good at fighting wars and wanted to grow up to be a great German warrior

I also thought all the Romulans in Star Trek were Russians, because I equated their angry eyebrows to Russians

>I also thought women had 2 pussies.
Same. I used to think one is for peeing and other one for fucking

Good question. I almost did when I was 19 but I had a really bad feeling about it so i didn't. Good thing too because I would have been sent to the middle east for what turned out to be no reason other than to help rich people make more money.

Only in America, Italians are actually inherently more dark than Swedes for example

I was a child. My dad was the soldier

since we're doing this:
I used to think women pissed out of the asshole.
This doesn't seem so bad, except I actually kept thinking this right up until I was 16 and was reading through a biology textbook

Same

Africa looked like Brazil on the map so I thought they were the same

Wait, that's not a misconception...

I thought Greenland was its own country ant that Scotland and Wales weren't a thing.

>until I was 16
Are you a virgin at the moment?

All of those are pretty accurate though

I knew Scotland was a thing, and Ireland too. I knew we came from Britain or England but I was too dumb to ever once think about what they were in relation to each other. They just existed as nebulous places in my mind and I never once questioned it

i thought Korea was the land of curry

It's funny how naive you are when you're young. I remember playing with a black girl without even batting a single thought about her race. Today I'm much more critical whenever a see an Arab or black person, that is of course until I get to know them better. Only been friends with a black person here in Denmark though, Arabs I have met here in Denmark are lazy, incompetent and/or easily offended according to my experience. My experience was different when I lived in turkey for a short while, well the lazy part was still true but they were much nicer and weren’t easily offended.

i thought that Czechoslovakia and Austria-Hungary were both still united

I thought Manchu and Mongolians are Chinese

If you're in the US army you're a welfare queen.

How's it going after you made that documentary about the US of A?

Sup Forums has ruined my life
Whenever i meet someone IRL i try to guess their ancestry according to their physical appearance

I was 100% sure that France had a king and we didn't. Kings sound like something posh and cool, good for France. Not for fucking Spain, a normal place.

Also I was 100% sure that America was a country. And I'm not talking about the USA but what in english would be called the Americas. It contained the USA but also Mexico and in general it was the land where cartoons live.

Also I was 100% sure that africa was all like in the lion king and I believed my dad when he told me you can see the giraffe's necks from the southern coast of Spain.

All these are from where I was pretty young, to be honest I can't think of anything stupid from where I was an older kid.

As a kid I thought that everyone except the french spoke the same other language and could understand eachother. Pretty unfair desu

I was literally told that by mom "but only if they love each other a lot" so it was safe if a girl kissed you (because girls suck).

But sex jokes caught on playground pretty early so the kiss believe didn't last long.

We support Turan. Turan meme popular in world?

btw, what the movie? I never saw this toilet trash.

What documentary?
>meme
Turan is more than a meme here

Now that you mention it, for a brief period of time I thought Scotland was it's own country before being told otherwise.

Borat most likely.

youtube.com/watch?v=y7R1E4cjZA8

>he doesn't know glorius Kazkazkstan star Borat from the true documentary, Borat

I thought blue eyed people saw the world in blue

Do you see the world in brown?

>this is what literally 99% of my countrymen are thinking about when I mention I would like to visit Kazakhstan

Liked the movie though.

I know the name of this movie. I just never saw this trash.

He sees the world normal because he has normal eyes, duh.

The British once again ruin the innocent perceptions of another nation for their own amusement

You would probably enjoyed it if you changed the word Kazakhstan for, I don't know, Yemen.

How accurate is it?

Also, do you really hate Uzbekistan?
youtube.com/watch?v=uQnhkA5t7s8

I thought that we live in Russia and I am myself is Russian.

Canada and canadians were nice.

Boy was I wrong.