"Linux is a server OS"

>"Linux is a server OS"

/thread

\thread

>Linux == Ubuntu
>Debian Ubuntu, Redhat Ubuntu, Arch Ubuntu, Gentoo Ubuntu, GNU/Ubuntu
I guess I had it wrong all these years.

Ubuntu is indeed a distribution of the GNU/Linux OS.
Your second statement is false though, and not at all what I was attempting to communicate.

Perhaps you should try to communicate more clearly then. Your webm doesn't explain what you're trying to say. Ubuntu has an LTS and a more current release, and its marketing is generally desktop oriented.

What of it?

I've been using GNU/Linux on my desktop for 5 years now.
You're all faggots and you can blow me.

Linux is neither a server os neither a os. It's a kernel

linux became a normie infested shit hole. I hope Sup Forums starts to realize this and transitions to another OS

openbsd

Ubuntu is a flavor of the GNU/Linux OS, but it's built on questionable ethics, prioritizing convenience over Freedom which is what the GNU/Linux OS wants to give it's users. Ubuntu is a spyware. Canonical has perverted the meaning of Freedom by integrating amazon ads into ubuntu's well-known search bar, they turned ubuntu's main navigation tool into a tool that takes the user's requests and their files and sends them back to some server owned by amazon to display ads on the user's computer, essentially turning the user into a tool that generates data for them.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

This was basically a snarky response to people calling Linux a "Server OS" in threads about it.
Basically showing them that they're retards because there are obviously desktop-oriented distros.

Ubuntu isn't Linux. Your point wouldn't even be true if it was. Ubuntu server edition is extremely popular among enterprise users.

This

Didn't they get rid of that like, two fucking years ago or some shit?
And then double got rid of it by ditching that entire desktop environment?

True. It's GNU/Linux.
I was just quoting someone, hence the quotations.

>>"Linux is a server OS"
We know.

>brave

Did you watch the video?

I don't think so. Saw some tool using ubuntu use their search bar to look something up online just a few days ago.

>uses a browser that doesn't even support ssl certificates for authentication.

Absolute autism

Welcome to Sup Forums

So, by that cretin logic I can make a distro called: "GNU/Trash" and make a little webm showing the download link. And my post would go something like:

>"linux is not trash"

this post gave me cancer

linux is a fucking universal kernel you jackass. it can do literally anything it wants including but not limited to BTFOing every other shitty kernel & OS

Are you saying that your aim is not to have an efficient computer, but to feel you are part of an elite of losers who feel superior just because they use an obscure operating system?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>anything it wants including but not limited to BTFOing every other shitty kernel & OS

You need software for that