Pyccкaя дyшa. чтo этo?

i just finished watching иди и cмoтpи for the first time and it made me start thinking about the "russian soul." the russian soul is a concept many russian books talk about. here are some questions for Sup Forums russians

>1. is the "russian soul" really a thing?
>2. how do you describe the "russian soul?"
>3. what is it about russians that makes them different inside?
>4. do non-russians ever have "russian souls?"
>5. is the russian soul a good thing or a bad thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

besboshnik.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/the-two-faces-of-russia-essay-by-oswald-spengler/
youtube.com/watch?v=cXO-kOqOOsE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frane_Selak
youtube.com/watch?v=qSisH7-7pBs
youtube.com/watch?v=2KDZg1-7KsE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Russians have no soul

i don't think you really believe this. guess i should have asked what is the russian "national character" for fedorafags who don't believe in soul

Nobody cares on this shit here except some retarded philosophers

i care, that's why i asked. i studied philosophy in school so yeah. seems like you guys are ashamed to even talk about it so nevermind i guess

>it's that shartinmart again
kys

It's an exaggeration, improper epitet. It is more of a something figurative. Of course different nations, groups of people are different in customs, approach to things etc etc. it's nothing new. You can say same thing about the japanese, chinese, thai, arabs, mericans.

seems like whenever i try to make a thread on here about something interesting instead of one of the "approved topics" of Sup Forums (sharting, muslim immigration, aussie shitposting, etc) it gets ignored or fags get angry

what is the point of having an Sup Forums board of all we can talk about is retarded memes? this really is just Sup Forums with flags

mysterious posts

it's normal, you have to expect it.
no it's more down to earth than bee.

>he fell for the "russians aren't evil soulless goblins srsly guys" meme

It's mainly 19th century romanticism. If you want to read up on the differences between the Russian nature and the West, I suggest you to read Spengler's essay on it:

besboshnik.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/the-two-faces-of-russia-essay-by-oswald-spengler/

pretty sure he'll answer most of your questions

fuck yeah, now the autism combo is complete

Are you flammish or waloon?

Russians is a meme
/thread

aye!

Flemish. Does it matter?

It is all about the language.
The way of thinking. The behavior. The soul. This is all about the language.
Do non Russians have a Russian soul? Yes. If Russian is their main language.
Good or bad? Stupid (non philosofy) question.

I'm here for you.
1. It is a thing for me
2. Paradox. Because Russians are stupid and at the same time the smartest people i ever knew. They're very welcoming and xenophobic at the same time, so the word paradox suits well.
3. The government, the nature and living your life in a hell on the Earth.
4. Yes, i think Finnish and Swedish people are pretty close to that.
5. It can't be a good or a bad thing. But i think i say as the majority of the youth would say - i wish i was born Russian but in a different place.

There was another thread about the Russian soul yesteday.

In the current era of cultural exchange and internationalism it's quite strange that people forget how alien we are to each other.
Every single language is in it self a collection of beliefs, memories and culture ingrained into a living thing that changes as it exists. To truly speak a language is to understand it's people on a level unreachable to those who only use translations.
If you want to learn what Russians are about and what their soul is learn their language, watch what they do, read what they do and even go there and live as they live. And than you will know the Russian soul, no sooner.

Flemish*, sorry. No, just interesting.

This guy gets it.

Are you here op?

My philosophy teacher talked about it years ago, one of the main things is crippling jealousy but trying to suppress it and better the community, but it fails because of jealousy

Are you talking about the people or Russian goverenment? Cuz if about people you're definitely not right. That's why these people live in such shithole without a riot.

Why are westerners so obsessed with Russia?

Well, basically because you are from the same Indo-European stock as us, but turned out very different, that's all. Some of us liek to know why and what the differences are etc... It's not an obsession, but rather a keen interest.

>It's not an obsession
Yeah, it is

You are retarded

kys

But he's right. You are retarded.

Not really, the decent information one can gather on the subject is finite and speaking for myself, I've read enough on it to satisfy myself, but I'm always happy to help out when I see someone with similar questions as I've once had.

We aren't goblins.

>decent information

Spengler is pretty good imho. It took a well-grounded, erudite German mind to analyse what was elsewhere left to mysticism and obscurantism in Russian sources (eg. Dostojevski)

Don't be that retarded. I know a lot of Russian-related faculties in Belgium. They teach them really good.

You are insane. Literally. This is where obsessions get you.

ok man if you say so. you should at least read it, then you can judge me.

I've read before, when you posted it. If you think that it is anything but inane drivel of a madman, then I can only pity you. I hope that you are trolling, but I doubt it.

True, slavistics and Russian-English are popular studies here, and then there's the publisher with ties to the Antwerp Univ called BeNeRus, which translated the less readily accessible Russian works to Dutch, like for example protopop Avvakum.

O чeл y мeня тaкиe жe

Well there we disagree. Oswald Spengler was highly regarded in his days, still is, a cultural pessimist, best known for his work Der Untergang des Abendlandes.

Belgium, the UK, Sweden are the most interested in Russian language, culture etc. I don't even know why but it's like super often. (My kik is literally filled of Belgians and Swedes because i'm Russian and interested in their culture so as them in mine).

Have you read anyone besides Spengler?

>was highly regarded in his days, still is
Ok, you are trolling. Thank god.

Btw i wanted to add that Spengler only pictured more like "snow russian soul", not these who lived in European part i'd say.

Nietzsche, obviously. And others from the "I'm 15 and I just learned that philosophy exists" starter pack.

youtube.com/watch?v=cXO-kOqOOsE
da blyat

You can watch also:
all Tarkovsky movies
all Balabanov movies
all Daneliya movies

Same reason people are fascinated with
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frane_Selak

also qts

I know, lots of Belgians in Gent and Antwerp studying Russian, including several of my friends. And my bookshelf is filled with BeNeRus book, as decent as possible translations of Radishchev, protopop Avvakum, Solojoechin, Nazhivin...

Sure, see above for example. I read a lot.

No, I really value Spengler. I don't know why you regard him so lowly.

>I don't know why you regard him so lowly
It probably has something to do with me not being a 12 yo retarded neo-nazi.

I really value Spengler too. Yeah, i just dunno why the tendency works in exactly these countries.

Of course it was written in the early 1920s, and from an outspoken German, perhaps Prussian even, perspective.

Even squatting for example, although a meme, is an Asian habit, taken from the Turkic and Mongolian peoples. I've reald about it in Golitsyn's revolution era diary, when he had to settle (as a old nobleman considered persona non grata in those days) in Central Russia, and wrote that after less than a year he even managed to learn squatting with the locals.

>Radishchev, protopop Avvakum, Solojoechin, Nazhivin...
these are only known by philologist in Russia.

>all Balabanov movies

first one I saw was Schastlivye dni, still a favorite of mine:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSisH7-7pBs

I had a soul once. Didn't like it.

I am >30 and not a (neo-)nazi.

>Even squatting for example, although a meme, is an Asian habit, taken from the Turkic and Mongolian peoples
stop, this is too much

You seems like a smart person to me, would have as friend.

First post best post.

/thread

A shame, Radishchev, although overly promotd by the commies, gives a great picture of the days of Catharina, Potemkin and her naievity (and his cunning).

And protopop Avvakum is absolutely great. I wish I could read it in Russian. Although I am very interested in everything to do with the Old Believers (cтapoвepы), so I might be biased.

i like zhmurki most of all because it's at least funny. of freaks and men is also good though

thanks m8

all threads about russia:
- 1 post from a troll/russian weeabo
- russians arguing and talking shit to each other.

As it should be

>russians in general have like 1.5% of east asian admixture
>YOU ARE MONGOL
fuck, even southern euros like spaniards have got like 40% of northern african blood but no one call them arabs, everyone consider them white

It's not about the admixture, it's about the assimilation of certain cultural habits of theirs. But like I said, it's a meme, overly exagerrated on boards like this.

There's like 70% of Westerners who hate Russia and 30% who are Russiaboos
Those 30% are mostly edgy teens who rebel against their parents and values

i personally prefer the 19th century because its seems for me more advanced and original as compared to predecessors. Solovyev, Tolstoy, Berdyaev, Florensky, Fyodorov, etc.

Haha, that was funny, my immature maximalist friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=2KDZg1-7KsE

mysterious russian soul

Which one are you?

he's just drunk

I thought the whole idea behind the "russian soul" was prepare that everything with fail

I have mixed feelings about you

There is no such thing as the Russian soul, it is a invention of nationalists to uplift the peasantry.

Russians are different than the West because of geography, no mythical explanations needed.

If you haven't outgrown puberty perhaps. The ones I know who study Russian or Slavic studies at our unis here are mostly level headed people, what you would call normies here. Mostly people who really like the language and their classic literature, not the politics of Putin or whatnot.

Edgy teen contrarian-type Russiaboos do not read a lot of other things than Sup Forums and the like.

I love the 19th century too, and some early 20th century ones like Bunin, just nothing too political like Gorky.

Same goes for the composers btw, 19th century Russian school is the best. My personal hero is Borodin, a chemist (like me), and not just a chemist, he has 2 reactions that carry his name, composing was just his hobby.

that's a cute goblin

Can someone post the Kumiko russian trap?

"le norvegue adequateue"

How does it make you feel that we don't care about you at all?

I thought you were Germanboos

All Russians care on is West

This. Just look into our eyes you can tell.

mämmi

Russians have always been Francaboos desu

this

Being Germanboo should be a crime, there is nothing worse than supporting The Eternal German.

True, when I was in Moscow the grandma of the friend I was staying with spoke French with me, and she was pretty good at it.

Joke aside, I think the reason why many young westerners are positive towards Russia is because they didn't experience cold war propaganda. Plus they are more open towards different cultures and nations in general, in contrast to the older generations.

actually Borodin was very weak as composer, his main opera was completed by friends. In case of composers i also like the special ones: Mussorgsky (for his rough national spirit), Scryabin and Roslatevs (for their mysterious views). But may i am just fed up with national motives and for the foreigner russian melodies seem fresh.

Every Russian I've met here drinks French vodka exclusively because they don't sell Russian vodka here.

I'm not a Germanboo and i dislike Romance languages. I know Swedish (in tribute of my ancestors), kind of a2 level in Norwegian and trying to learn German, beside i know 3 Slavic languages.

>they didn't experience cold war propaganda
It never stopped. Everything you "know" about Russia is propaganda.

> know 3 Slavic languages.
хoхoл нeпoмiтeн

Czech and Polish.

>French vodka
sounds like something alien and i imagine russians that drink it and hot tears are on their red rounded faces because they can't recall the true taste of ovdka anymore

this poll sums it up pretty well