What are some well-known Eastern Europe dishes?

What are some well-known Eastern Europe dishes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegret
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we are a proud african nation desu

They told me Poland was central Europe.

Baklava?

Bark

None
But Romanians have superb soup

none

Borscht
Perogies
Vodka
Extremely dark and dense bread

idk

Well known by whom? Russian borscht and kasha and polish pierogis are quite famous. Salted pig fat and cabbage schi are a more local thing.

Pierogies and borscht come to mind.

Well known as in your mother knows my dick very well, you Russian faggot

Gulash

low tier bait, OP

This definition of east vs. west is fucking retarded.

She's a venereologist so the joke doesn't work exactly in your favor. I would reconsider it if I were you

Whatever Gorbachev

Well said, José Figueres Ferrer. (Had to google Costa Rica for this one)

Ok son (had to ejaculate inside your mom for this one)

musaka
tarator
kashkaval pane
kebab
pleskavica
ayran
baklava

Mom told me it was the tiniest prick she's seen in years.

Big enough to make her scream with pleasure for hours and produce children like you

Paella.

>russia
>europe
lmao

The only parts of russia that matter are in Europe, you dagestani cuck

everything east of baltics is asia
also native people of western russia are mostly finno-ugrics which is asian group

The most accurate map I've seen today.

Kiev Chicken and Straganoff are pretty popular dishes down here and I love them

Bell peppers stuffed with mincemeat & rice in tomato sauce and topped with smetana.

very much this

this, but not in my part of Eastern Europe

>musaka
>kebab (= kofte, ćevapi) + pleskavica

this

>a
>westugal

Well Russia's main land is in European plain.

This is a good thread, keep it going.

Clear beef soup (also chicken soup in other parts) with noodles, carrots and parsley, a real staple of the Sunday lunch.

>tfw no more homemade russian soups with cozy host family

I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

>have eastern european gf
>she tells me she can cook
>knows how to put potatoes into hot water
>knows how to prepare cabbage soup

I've never heard of cabbage soup before. Where's she from? Or did you perhaps mean cabbage stew? Pic related.

>I've never heard of cabbage soup before
newfag

>Poo-land
>eastern
Fuck off

bliny

*mlinci

t. Polish rip off

Barszcz is ours, kurwa.

that can't be a real word did you make that up

sz - sh
cz - ch

makes sense?

no just use Cyrillic

>use Cyrillic
Fuck off faggot.

but why?

they have letters for both -sh and -cz, and actually one for -shcz

>Pokhlebkin and the Soviet Union are dead, yet Borshchland lives on. Recipes, like birds, ignore political boundaries ... The faint outline of the Tsarist-Soviet imperium still glimmers in the collective steam off bowls of beetroot and cabbage in meat stock, and the soft sound of dollops of sour cream slipping into soup, from the Black Sea to the Sea of Japan and, in emigration, from Brooklyn to Berlin

uuuuj bljat!

potato cake with bacon bits

We never used this piece of shit moon runes and never will.

Is Findland not Eastern Europe?

suit yourself, Gregorzhchzh Barbzchtzchzki

potato sausage with bacon bits

you're not really triggering anyone with this, being unable to understand diacritics and constant phonetics is a typical anglo retardation so it's just you making an ass out of yourself

Here :

Beef strogonoff
Perogies
Koulibiac (or whatever)
Halva (is that greek?)
Borscht
Gulash
Some cold soups
Vodka

kek

fish a'la greece

usually made from carp for christmas

also called jewish if the fish was simmered with veggies

I'm just saying that cyrillic has characters made especially for specific sounds it takes you 2-4 letters to express in latin. The only reason not to adopt it is spite.

szuba

also called a herring salad or cake

why hasn't english adopted the phonetic alphabet then? not using it just causes confusion.

what the fuck is szuba

Salade Olivier aka hussar salad, originally made by a Belgian cook (Lucien Olivier), ve.ry popular in Russia

>what is š č đ ž?

I don't understand eastern Europe

Are they Russian?
Do they hate Russia?
Are they all just Poland and Hungary gone terribly wrong?

What's the deal with Estonia and Lithuania and Latvia and what's their status? Nordic? European? Russian?

Why does this "small state in Europe" continue being a meme when everyone keep trying to make big states?

Humor my American education because eastern Europe is utterly not on our radar in any school or college I've been to

sękacz

though i think it's more of a prussian cake, still i lived nearby and seen it often

bread, oats

pizdak

słonina

basically raw or smoked pork fat

maybe we should, but no one knows about it

croatian, i assume

eastern europe is just a gradient of russian/german/swedish/turk depending on which direction you go in

read a book nigger

Read the following wikipedia entries: Slavs, West-Slavs, East-Slavs, South-Slavs, Balts

wheat soup. traditionally served in bread, but it's just a novelty. boiled egg and fried/boiled sausage slices are must addition

there's nothing wrong with using sz cz, i think it looks pretty cool
and if they wanted they could use š instead of sz, there's no need to use the cyrillic alphabet mr leaf

gołąbki, lit. lil' pigeons

minced meat mixed with rice covered with cabbate

There's big regional differences that are expressed in four Eastern European styles of cooking that you can find ITT:
>Russo-Polish (stuff like )
>Middle Eastern-Balkanic ()
>Hungarian (stuff with paprika in it)
>German (sausages n' shit)

these styles also overlap and, in the case of Austria, cross regional boundaries. And the Baltics are also influenced by Nordic cuisine.

we already have ś though, it's for the swifter than sz but tougher than si phoneme

That picture is about as slav as it can get holy shit.

>they actually say slanina in Poland

that's cool

here's a Slovenian dish of Hungarian origin

I don't have a Croat keyboard, will you attempt to kill me if I write Croatian with sz cz dz dzz zz instead :^) ?

oh i was about to post this, we call it kaszanka. is it also mixed with pig blood in your region?

i'll make last post with these then

pyzy

dough or potato buns filled with minced meat and "sprinkled" with fried bacon bits

suppose anything is better than using shcz

you're borderlining on autism user, are you at least a linguist or just a bored leaf?

>And the Baltics are also influenced by Nordic cuisine

so basically rotten fish?

well ś obviously looks a bit different than š
just like č and ć
but we don't even differentiate between the two where i'm from, it's just a normal sh/ch sound, none of that soft/hard sign autism
why would i care?

Which ones have I missed so far, or what else should I add? My objective is to learn how to cook them.
I ignored some of them because they either sounded too general and boring (sausage with bacon inside) or had non-Slavic origins (Ottoman dishes)

I am Greek

Just joking m8. I merely don't want to copy/paste from character map all the time, I should really buy me an external keyboard I guess.

Yes, it contains pig blood, oats, intestines and bacon.

š č ž are actually a Czech invention, which was then taken up by Slovaks, Croats and Slovenes. It's the easiest way to write Slavic languages in Latin, even if the Czech and Croat scripts are essentially different in that we don't mark stress and vowel length, which is why we have 25/26 letters in our alphabet and the Czechs upward of 35.

Posting St. Martin's feast, imo the very best of Slovenian and Croatian cuisine, which is only eaten once a year in autumn when casks of young wine are opened for the first time.

try this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegret

Had some Russian layer cake. Was pretty good senpai.

Also Chicken Kiev lol.

wew, it's called de volaille here, always thought it's french

It's a variant of Mille-feuille with bread crusts on top instead of icing, Russians call it Napoleon

this looks fantastic

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegret
>carrots, onions, pickles, green peas
Eww no

Soups after all. There's nothing more eastern european than soup.

Zupa:
>szczawiowa
>ogórkowa
>grzybowa
>fasolowa
>grochówka
>chłodnik litewski
>buraczkowa
>krupnik
>flaczki
>strogonow
>kapuśniak