Give me one good reason why I shouldn't get a Pixelbook

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't get a Pixelbook.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdM7ip_7nNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shit keyboard

Botnet OS

Good reason

Not, because you can put whatever you want on it.

giant bezels, shit ergonomics

For the price you can very nice and fully capable machines.

I own a Chromebook with a foldable touch screen (2 in one computer) because I like using different operating systems. It is too slow, but that is what I get for owning a computer that costs $270 USD.

>Installing a custom os
Not really possible. It is, if you use a different boot loader. Some models allow you to use Seabios and that would let you install a different OS. You will have a hard time getting support. Also, your computer will have a tiny bit of hard drive space. I think mine has only 32GB internal storage, but you can use a SD card for more space. You can use crouton in dev mode, but it isn't the same as installing GNU/Linux directly to your hard drive.

This

I don't find anything good compared to other machines with real OS and specs. This would be a great gift for my mother. I only see this laptop for that purpose only

1. its not a macbook

/thread

That's a good thing...

The keyboard is NOT shit.. One of the best I've ever used. Don't listen to this guy who tried it with his fat fingers at Best Buy.

Is Chrome plus Android apps enough for you to justify dropping hundreds on a laptop? If you want a more general purpose OS get something else.

1.) It's a Chromebook.
2.) It's a thousand-dollar Chromebook.
3.) It's a gimmicky flip 2-in-1 convertible tablet/laptop thousand-dollar Chromebook.

Do not trust on any computer that does not give you a 750hz beep when you turn it on.
It means its a pozzed hardware.

Ok, but if you are going to buy a 12.9" iPad Pro 256gb with the Smart Keyboard it costs $1229 before tax.

It's in the same price range and market as an iPad Pro (ie;secondary device) but can do more.

>limited os
>shitty specs
>overpriced garbage
>cheap plastic parts
Should i go on?

>limited os
sure
>shitty specs
wtf lol. Kaby lake i5
>overpriced garbage
opinion
>cheap plastic parts
Metal/Glass
Should i go on?
>never actually used one

Samsung Chromebook Pro is better since its way cheaper and it can run GalliumOS to get rid of the botnet.

you get shitty 7gen i5 and 128gb ssd and no gpu for 1k those are shitty specs.
You can get laptop with 8gen i5 (double the cores) +bigger ssd+hdd+mx150 for 600-700usd these days.

your're broke

have fun with phantom touch
youtube.com/watch?v=KdM7ip_7nNo

You are completely missing the point of the Pixelbook.

not a real OS

>ChromeOS
>way expensive for a Chromebook
>less specs than you can get elsewhere for the price
Aside from that, seems like a pretty nice machine, particularly if you can get a used one cheap and then install Linux on it.

Battery life. Have a brand new Chromebook Pixel 2 64G that I picked up at a garage sale for a whopping $100. Running the arch meme for a few reasons but for all its upsides, I'm lucky to get 3-4 hours out of it regardless of OS.

Screen is fantastic. Keyboard is fantastic. Trackpad is great. Build quality is second to none from what I've seen in laptops. Nice and fast, quick boot time. Yadda yadda.

But that shit dies if you give it more than some hard breathing to do. You're going to be plugged into a charger most of the time. Only downside to what I see as an otherwise fantastic laptop (for the price, anyway. I'd drop $400 on it.)

$100 is a steal

>Chromebook Pixel 2 64G that I picked up at a garage sale for a whopping $100
Damn, good price.

>I'm lucky to get 3-4 hours out of it regardless of OS.
Not terrible for a cheapy laptop. Perhaps it's time to crack it open and replace the battery though.

>but can do more.
eh...I don't really know about that. It's a Chromebook.
Also, it's not really as portable or light as an iPad. It's thick and bulky with non-removable keys and giant bezels.

Over priced and locked OS

paying $1000 for a computer with decent hardware that is impaired by the OS

Surface exist

>ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS
>Chromebook
wtf guys, I thought Chromebooks were supposed to be laptops for people who can't afford real laptops

Why do people keep bringing up the OS. Can you not install Windows or Linux on this thing?

i have one and i love it. better than the surface pro.

I never understand retards like you, not everyone is a turbovirgin who brings a gaming laptop to class, nerd.

I don't have that issue.