It's open source, therefore it's not spying on me

>it's open source, therefore it's not spying on me

this is what Sup Forums actually believes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY
fsf.org/news/fsf-condemns-partnership-between-mozilla-and-adobe-to-support-digital-restrictions-management
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Examples or gtfo

when you can read the code, you can ensure it isnt spying on you
unlike closed source platforms, which you have to rely on a company telling you they aren't spying on you

>he doesn't audit the source
Omg

so im assuming you read every bit of code in every open source program you run then? faggot

Everything is already compromised. I'm pretty sure Daru was using Linux when he hacked into SERN, but they were still able to track him.

>he works at the irs

It's open source, so a whole lot of people could and probably would easily spot any of the not super advanced methods to send data to a spying server.

It's like how you'd have trouble to keep pick-pocketing on a wide open plaza with translucent people with transparent clothes.

>systemd is open source
>b-but it doesn't count nsa/systemd

systemd

It's open source therefore I can actually check if it's spying on me or not with certainty.

>he can't read code
brainlet spotted

If everyone reads a couple hundred lines each, the entire source can be audited.

mommy always read the sores code before she allows me to cumpile and instal the app

this anime art style makes me physically ill

Brainlet here, what's to stop an open source program from releasing a source code that is the source code of said program, but just removing the lines of code that send data to the NSA?

You actually make a good point. But it's better to be able to take the source, remove/replace the spyware, and then recompile. You can't do that with Windows but you can do it with Linux and BSD. That's the real power of open source.

This is why autists and/or bots exist. All they have to do is look for network requests in the source.

firefox
systemd

>firefox
Optional telemetry is not spying

Because you compile the released source code. Unless you are installing binaries (pre-compiled) ofc, in which case you'd have to trust the linux distribution you are using.

youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY

>inb4 muh feelings, no arguments or rebuttals, and copious amounts of asshurt

Nice source faggot

>no arguments or rebuttals
Check.
>copious amounts of asshurt
Check.

Two out of three. Not bad. He clearly states his sources in the video, by the way. But you already knew that.

>he didnt read the source

>he's actually retarded

>i can't refute anything in the video, and i know it
>better just try to pretend i'm trolling and not assmad
lel

фывa

Tuturu

>> not knowing what source code auditing is
>> not knowing that it is done by both humans smarter than them and also scripts smarter than them.
>>being paid 0.02 rupees by American Tech Giant (c) to post shit threads on Sup Forums.

That' fine because systemd is not a botnet (and i'm not even using it, thanks runit) and Firefox is not considered free software at this point : fsf.org/news/fsf-condemns-partnership-between-mozilla-and-adobe-to-support-digital-restrictions-management
Consider using Waterfox or another non botnet browser and you are fine.

write your own fucking compiler like a real man

There's bots that do that for you.

The fact that anyone can read the code and would immediately call it out makes it so it can't spy on you, yes.

Chromium, Android
> systemd
Retards.

already see a video of this shill once, don't need his FUD thanks