Are you editing OSM? If not, why? It's the future

Are you editing OSM? If not, why? It's the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

openstreetmap.org/way/26570924
data.overheid.nl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes I am

No streetview.

mapillary is here to help

Not 360°

360 if it was photographed with 360 camera

Haven't found a single place as such. This is a deal-breaker. Google has it pretty much everywhere.

Basically, the only time to use mapillary is for Germany/Austria etc.

Google will pay for the trucks to go everywhere and incentivizes proper updates via the Guides program for hours, accessibility, free wifi, etc... additionally, Google harvests the location data to tell what places are popular among certain demographics, and the location data gathered from android phones every minute by default to tell when places are more or less crowded.

You can call google Evil or hate their data collection policy, but they apply it in a very practical and useful fashion to their mapping product.

Google has it because they pay money for it (equipment/salaries) while mapillary is pretty much like osm. 360 imagery is usually submitted by governments themselves like in Lithuania (check big roads in mapillary, you will see 360 imagery).

OSM is great, especially for hiking, also I won't be bombarded with ads, I do try to edit if I can.

What's a program for my Android smartphone that can use that for standard navigation a la Google Maps?
I've found a bunch, but they all seem focused on one thing, like car navigation, hiking in the wilderness and similar. I just need something for normal urban navigation.

Try maps.me

Nice. Unfortunately not the case in Latvia.

check osm mailing list in latvia. though lithuanian osm community is very well established, so your mileage might vary.

It's pretty inactive for such a well established community. This road has been paved for months now, but it still shows up as an unpaved one
openstreetmap.org/way/26570924

then update it instead of whining. we dont go around lithuania looking for pavement changes

What do you do? Steal data off maps.lt and upload it to OSM?

I am not.
I should, the maps are very wrong (unusable for navigation), but I don't know how to implement traffic laws so that works correctly.

The success of OSM depends entirely on two things: the willingness of unpaid individuals updating maps and open data. The latter is the case for the Netherlands for example, which has a complete open road system (and literally every single thing in the entire country that can be represented as data):
>data.overheid.nl/
If neither exists this project will ultimately fail.

I prefer BDSM.

Yes I am, me and my brother mapped a ton of stuff in the area we live.
OSM truly is the best thing after sliced bread.

I'm pretty sure the US and/or local governments have open source data that is uploaded

OsmAnd should work, you can get it for free from FDroid

Just don't tell anyone and don't be retarded.

Sveiki?

> willingness of unpaid individuals updating maps
>If neither exists this project will ultimately fail.
Don't underestimate autism