What's the point of a country this big? You can easily divide it in five or six parts, it would be better for everybody

What's the point of a country this big? You can easily divide it in five or six parts, it would be better for everybody.

What's the point of a country this big?

I agree. After all this political turmoil I believe we might see balkanization in our life time

That's why it's federalized into states

people wanted free land but didn't want to lose access to the government so they went off to settle/steal land from the natives but then just joined the national government as a state

after that because some rich landlords were really mad at the thought they might not be able to use free labor any more and decided to secede everyone assumes anyone who wants to secede is really a rich landlord who wants free labor at heart so they get laughed at

it's a shame; the us could do well to separate into west coast/east coast/south/midwest (possibly in union with one of the above)/southwest (possibly in union with mexico) countries

We don't need to divide. We need the rest of the nation to adapt to Texan ways, which are objectively superior.

A house divided cannot stand -Abe
A kingdom divided will fall -Jebus

This 2bh. Manifest Destiny, even if not universally performed, is one hell of an idea.

then make more than one house?????

Isn't Canada pretty liberal? The Yellow states in that pic are all pretty conservative; don't know if they'd be able to have a functional union with a Canadian province.

Here's my nomination for a balkanized 'murica.

Though at the most I'd guess any break-up of the US' traditional organization of states would still keep them, instead of making them independent nations. At most we'd see the USA reorganized into larger commonwealths or districts that have a lot more power than the old states.

Saskachewan is a rural prairie province. Notall of Canada is Ontario Quebec and Vancouver

the only way to properly balkanize north america

this is from 2012 tho, i think alaska can join the united states of canada and alberta can definitely fuck off to jesusland

ohio can switch every year

Well you see, Brazil, we are not called America, but the UNITED STATES of America, because it was deemed extremely important that we recognize the validity of each State as their own with their own powers that had a unified Federal government to oversee the nation

So it is already divided up into fifty parts, each with their own culture, standards, history, rivalries, and development.

You are correct, it would be better for EVERYONE to not have such a large government, as the Federal government was never meant to delegate every matter in every State, and that consequence from a Supreme Court ruling has basically unofficially made it the grand all encompassing countrywide court it has become.

That is why is you have plenty of people, such as myself, who vote against an overreaching Federal government and protect State rights

This is also correct.
Texas is the best example of how a State can run by itself.

Both of those fags are dead

>it's a "put Pennsylvania in New Fagland" episode

nah fuck you MN and Michigan are American lands

You fuckers east of the Appalachians can fuck off right to New England. Western PA is more like Ohio than Philadelphia.

Wrong you dumb shit. Things are objectively the best here in California.

Texas is a shithole, the only reason they're not federal money leechers like the rest of the south is because they have tons of natural resources to exploit.

> Literally all the good states of the US are part of Canada
> And all of the shut states aren't

It could be better. We should go the way of vermont and just set up a social democracy statewide.

The "muh taxes are stalinism!" folks are never going to let the US become a first world country so we gotta make do.

I claim Minnesota for the swedes.

New England is made up of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachuset, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and sometimes Virginia.

I'd like to see Rocky Mountain and Great Lakes unions but that would never happen.

The people in Northern CA who want to split off into Jefferson hate the disproportionate representation going on with population in the state.

They are pretty culturally distinct given how rural it can get up there. They're nothing like SoCal people.

lol

Amen.

Only if you had separatist movements as big as the ones we have in Brazil. I absolutely support the idea though.

Bruh...

Fuck off, Canada. As a Minnesotan I don't want to deal with you.

>as big as the ones we have in Brazil

What lad? You think minnesota was Norwegian? KYS. It was Swedish.

Only seperatist movement we have is Texas, and that's a bit of a joke.
We are federalized, and it would take an act of god to bring us to the point of balkanization anytime soon.

That sounds like pussy talk to me.

No, it is because Texas knows how to run their state

Texas literally has a massive power grid that is more reliable than either the East or Western grid

Texas is the best proof that you don't need the Fed to be able to run a State

They do have some in Texas and "Cascadia", but nothing very big.

>No Greenland
Try again.

>Ohio has a land border with Canuckistan
No thank you, sir.

I like this one, uses actual separatist movements ideas as base for segregation.

Give us back new york and keep California

Not at all. Only far northeastern states are new england you dumb fuck

This image and your arrogance makes me want to annex canada just to piss you off

What's with the upside down maps?

GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY LAND, LEAF
MY ANCESTORS DIDN'T GENOCIDE MY ANCESTORS TO HAVE IT TAKEN
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Initially each state was supposed to be much more autonomous but the federal government slowly infringed on states rights more and more until the civil war when the people who favored states rights were defeated by the federalist union

the world is my playground