ITT: Stupid things you thought about other countries when you were younger

I thought that most Brits had godly accents, but when I actually went there I almost got ear cancer.

I thought Finland was another Germanic Scandinavian country like Sweden or Norway

I though Mexico was a third world world shithole
But then I went there, it is heaven, probably even better than any Western country!

Some people told me that the brits were friendly

I thought that Murrica is a shithole because the soviet propaganda said so.

I always had the idea when growing up that Americans were big and strong (like in the movies), but I now know they're all fat fuckers.

I hated Germany and Germans for being the most destructive, violent, and having an ugly language.
Then I grew up and realized I was right.

Yeah, and I thought Ireland spoke Gaelic.

We never spoke Gaelic.

Me personally, I speak gaeilge or, in English, Irish.

I tought Italy and France were the same

mainly because chefs

But then again, growing up I thought Americans were educated.

They speak English, but I applaud the Irish nack of having words in their vocabulary that nobody else has. Like 'craic' and 'sar'.

But I'm fully confidant in two languages. Yours and mine.

It's just a shame most of the country is not.

Good on you lad

>when I actually went there I almost got ear cancer.
Hmm how about avoid poor areas and Northern England you stupid retard

Aye, you're right there, lad.

Irish is a beautiful language, shame my forefathers tried to stamp it out. Sorry about all that carry on. The future generations may inspire a surge in it, you never know.

i thought All the European countries were developed and America was rich af.

I thought Estonians were slavs

Yeah, he should've spoke to the 9 people in London who speak in an RP accent.

Ah sure look, shit happens. And it's making a come back in the few years with more young people attending Gaelscoileanna (Irish schools), and Irish societies in colleges growing every so slightly each year.

I hope you can get it floating in the air as common as your roadsigns.

Your true blockade is the North. A lot of poor Irish souls up there are enthusiastic about the language, but 'our' government wants it blocked. I've dallied about them loyalist areas, I think it's proof that it's time to give the north back to you lot.

They're nothing like us. They're like you, in every way, them protestant bastards.

t. Juan Martinez

I thought germans were a nice bunch until I went to Germany and everyone was really rude to you for speaking english.

I thought nordic countries having the most beautiful people was just a meme

I didn't realize until recently how ugly people from other countries are on average

I used to get Sweden and Switzerland mixed up

i thought canada was just a made-up country because it's so fucking ridiculous

I used to think America was a white country

>avoid Northern England
nah

all of our country is worth visiting

>I thought that most Brits had godly accents, but when I actually went there I almost got ear cancer.
I think anyone who was in UK experienced this

I thought Portugal was in South America.

i used to think that brazil was in europe, like spain.

i jsut found out a couple weeks ago that its in south america

I did at some point in my early childhood genuinelly believe that most Americans were the good, honest, principled guys they appeared to be in movies. Then I started learning history.

I thought all Americans lived like in muh television shows, turns out I was half right

I thought Africa was almost entirely wild like in nature documentaries and sparsely populated because all Africans had been enslaved.

I thought modern Greece was similar to ancient Greece, still worshipping a pantheon, having local olympics, etc.

I thought the majority of Canada was covered in ice year round

I thought Israel had always been Jewish

Americans thought that the women in the USSR looked like Zangief thanks to capitalist propaganda

My parents taught me as a kid that if you want to sounds more italian in italy you say si si si instead of just si or yes.

I thought The USA was really cool and free.

then what is it?

mongolian.

>WHERE THE FUCK IS SWEDEN