Speaker buzz

Hello Sup Forums. I have a question regarding a constant buzzing sound from my speakers when I have them pluged into my computer.
I have a pair of krk rockit 5 and they work just fine when I hook my phone to them but always when I try to hook up my computer, there's this constant buzzing sound no matter what I do. It sounds as if the cable is broken, which I know it isn't since it works fine with my phone + I've had the same problem with other cables. I've even just recently bought a new computer, and it has the same buzzing sound as my last one. I even have an external sound card (although very old and probably not even better than my motherboard) that I've tried plugging it in to.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Btw I use normal aux to connect my devices.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516575503&sr=8-3&keywords=ground loop isolator
krksys.com/krk-studio-monitor-speakers/rokit/rokit-5.html
techwalla.com/articles/difference-between-a-speaker-a-studio-monitor
lmgtfy.com/?q=sound coloration
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Additional: it's extra strange how the buzzing is very obviously connected to when the computer is working. If i for example move my mouse over pictures on google, I can hear a static feedback of that in my speakers. I can even hear a static feedback when I raise my mouse slowly over the mouse pad.

likely a ground loop, buy this:
amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516575503&sr=8-3&keywords=ground loop isolator

Ground them up, or just run them through a balanced input to eliminate the buzzing.

you need a USB audio interface

This

It could also be coil whine bleeding through

>want to buy new speakers for pc
>"2.1 pc speakers suck, buy active studio monitors"
>dont forget to spend 150$ on kit to prevent hiss ;^)

Cant every speaker just have usb cable and internal dac?

Wrong, I have these monitors and a usb interface and it does this shit. It's something to do with grounding but I don't care enough to fix it.

plug the speakers to a different outlet than the pc (but keep them in the same outlet). worked for me

You can get active speakers that aren't monitors ya wingnut

Yeah this happened to me, it's some kind of interference from the power supply/graphics card (buzzed the worse with games), I don't remember if changing outlets helped, but what happened was the buzz eventually went away on it's own in a few days/weeks. I put the volume all the way down on the back of the monitors too, that definitely helped in the beginning.

you can get decent passive small speakers and a used receiver for 150 bucks

These are studio monitors, not speakers. I hope you're not listening to already mixed and mastered content through these.
krksys.com/krk-studio-monitor-speakers/rokit/rokit-5.html
techwalla.com/articles/difference-between-a-speaker-a-studio-monitor

This is complete nonsense, don't post this trash again

I'm sorry I can differentiate between desktop speakers and studio monitors. And you surely did prove everything wrong with this masterpiece:
"This is complete nonsense, don't post this trash again".

>I'm sorry I can differentiate between desktop speakers and studio monitors.

I would hope so because so an inexperienced listeners. Colored sound sounds like shit to everyone in the aggregate.

What?

This is why you don't post trash. You don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, I'm sorry.
>I would hope so because so an inexperienced listeners. Colored sound sounds like shit to everyone in the aggregate.
Whatever this was should've made sense to anyone. Silly me.

And trash, really? At least be more creative next time.

buy something like a DAC or cheap converter and use your PC's optical out.

lmgtfy.com/?q=sound coloration

Oh I'm sorry. Literally who tech blog that regurgitates misinformation

I know what sound coloration is and that's not what studio monitors do. But OP is using a device which doesn't have that feature as an everyday listening device. He and shouldn't buy amps. They should buy desktop speakers.

I want to hijack op's thread cause i don't have buzzing but instead just white noise in one of the speakers. It's fucking annoying and it's like all my speakers (tried 2 nice sets, one logitech, one creativ) are getting it in a lesser or stronger amount. I don't get it.

How you were unable to deduce this 25 minutes ago is beyond me.

Semi related question, I have a set of Logitech Z553 speakers. There is a volume adjuster knob, and when I turn it completely off at night (annoying LED whenever it's on), they emit a slight ringing. The ringing only happens when they are completely off.

Any ideas how to fix it?

>I know what sound coloration is and that's not what studio monitors do.
That's because they're good

>But OP is using a device which doesn't have that feature as an everyday listening device.
Sound coloration is not a feature of a loudspeaker. It's a flaw. You don't know what it is.

>He and shouldn't buy amps. They should buy desktop speakers.
Monitors can be powered or unpowered. External amplification has nothing to do with your shitty consumer advice.

>studio monitors aren't speakers

wat

>I know what sound coloration is and that's not what studio monitors do.
>That's because they're good
Correct.
>But OP is using a device which doesn't have that feature as an everyday listening device.
>Sound coloration is not a feature of a loudspeaker. It's a flaw. You don't know what it is.
What does this have to do with them not using what they should be?
>Monitors can be powered or unpowered. External amplification has nothing to do with your shitty consumer advice.
I'm terribly sorry for trying to inform people that they're not using a right tool for the job.

Probably some sort of stupid EMI shit. Put a piece of electrical tape over the LED and leave them on. Or warranty them.

I'm not playing word games on top of everything, sorry.

>What does this have to do with them not using what they should be?

You not knowing what sound coloration is only related to why you shouldn't post.

>I'm terribly sorry for trying to inform people that they're not using a right tool for the job.

Oh, well I suppose as long as you're trying, facts don't matter.

I genuinely don't understand what your problem is and where you're even going with whatever you're doing. You've accused me of being ignorant and not presenting any sources, yet your arguments were "trash, trash, you don't know" and barely cognizant English.

>You've accused me of being ignorant and not presenting any sources

No, you're ignorant and posted sources that are wrong

>yet your arguments were "trash, trash, you don't know" and barely cognizant English.

Because you pretended to know and deserved to be shat on for it. Did you try googling the other words you've never heard of?

When I plugged my lsr305s into my mobo I heard my pc, mouse movements, fans, gpu interfence etc
With my fulla 2 as dac still persists
With my audio interface they're silent.

>No, you're ignorant and posted sources that are wrong
How about proving that and giving OP an actual advice, instead of rambling?
>Because you pretended to know and deserved to be shat on for it. Did you try googling the other words you've never heard of?
Surely you can't ever be wrong with whatever all of this was, because what are sources to you? Something you haven't been able to post for the past hour, forget derailing the thread and bumping this inane conversation, but not uttering a word for OP's question.

>How about proving that and giving OP an actual advice, instead of rambling?
OP had a buzzing problem, he didn't buy the wrong class of speaker as you suggested. I can also tell you're wrong for no other reason than I want to.

>because what are sources to you?
Any source that's correct would be just fine. I don't care if you have no sources if you're right.