Why are people so upset about Apple's planned obsolescence but they don't say anything about Android phones not getting...

Why are people so upset about Apple's planned obsolescence but they don't say anything about Android phones not getting updates after 2 years (while always being about 2 updates behind)?

Other urls found in this thread:

verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they just want an opportunity to squeeze apple for some money

1. "people" tend to care more about apple news
2. OS upgrades are irrelevant to most normies. Telling someone their phone is running an android version that is old will be meaningless to them vs. telling them that apple is slowing their phones down without telling them, encouraging them to buy a new phone

Apple slowing down a phone makes it worse than when. Samsung stopping updates after 2 years doesn't make the phone worse.
>so hard

Why do paid Apple shills keep memeing about their iTrash that gets throttled and bricked every year by lagOS malware while even Samsung keeps their phones updated for 5+ years?

verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/

>it's another iToddler pretends android OS and security updates are tied together like iOS lagware episode

In reality android manufacturers deliberately avoid too many OS upgrades because they know putting constant new OS version upgrades will deteriorate phone performance, as evidenced by iOS.

Android flagships get 2 years of OS upgrades, and 5 years security upgrades, whereas Apple forces iDiots to choose between no security, or no speed. Owning iTrash is literally being cucked.

because one is $600 and one is $150

Because Android doesn't conceal that information from you when you buy the phone and install the operating system.

sauce pls

because i can install custom ROMs on it. my moto g 2014 lte is already running 8.1 oreo thanks to lineageos.

its from minami-ke first season i think.

>apple gets to old age
can't do shit

>android gets to old age
just install ubuntu or some shit. i mean, you have full write access to literally everything in YOUR phone after all

Because "how could this happen to us?"

Because your Android phone isn't obsolete the instant it stops receiving version updates.
For one you get security updates for longer in the case of bigger manufacturers, sometimes much longer.
For another, hardly any apps on the Play Store require higher than Android 4.4, and a tiny fraction higher than 5.0.

On iOS if your device stops getting updates then any app that is frequently updated will stop working very quickly.

>Samsung stopping updates after 2 years doesn't make the phone worse.
Yeah, it kinda does. It leaves the device open to new vulnerabilities and means you can't have certain features that appear in newer versions of Android. I'd consider that "getting worse"

why the anger?

Android has an excuse to be shit and Apple is charging you 1k to feel special you dumb cunt.

>It leaves the device open to new vulnerabilities
Version updates are different to security updates.

>you can't have certain features that appear in newer versions of Android
There's very little in new versions of Android worth talking about.

Because updates IS means of planned obsolescence.

I'd rather still be able to use the damn thing with an older version than be stuck with a device that's virtually bricked

Because no one actually expects fagdroid phones to last long. They're made with cheap chink plastic and run a shitty pajeet mobile OS based on Java.

iPhones on the other hand are expected to last a long time, so people are understandably upset when planned obsolescence is discovered.

>iPhones on the other hand are expected to last a long time
>deliberately slowed down after each release to get people to buy the latest model.

Because an Android doesn't cost so expensive that I'd expect it to last over 2 years.

applefags will still find a way to pretend this ain't true

LINEAGEOS

There is a difference between getting worse and not getting better

You do know that custom roms have like 90% more shit than stock android right

Because using an Android phone with no updates doesn't affect it's performance

Unlike Apple, most Android phone aren't locked down and you can install newer software, currently running android 7.1 on my 6 year old phone

There's little or zero practical benefit to updating phones and makers know it.